• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
zel said:
I've decided the official release date for SG and SGX, it's this next Sunday! So stay tuned!

So that's the beta, right?! :shocked: This will be great...! :D :D :D

Those screenies, yet again, doin't disappoint. I love it how there's a thunderstorm at Lake of Rage (really gives the place it's atmosphere), and who could forget TR?! This will be great! Kudos to you Zel! ;)

Years
good work zel, once again nice screens. The screens look exact like the original pics ;)
One q wats SGX (SG= ShinyGold but whats with the X?)

Giovanni....(and STILL leader of Viridian City gym):P

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2007
Hey, good work, Zel! Your hack is certainly turning out to be a masterpiece, and deserves to be the king of all Pokemon GSC remakes, if not all hacks! I wish I had your talent, so I could compete with you in hacking!

Don't worry about the PokeGear or time of day. Those features are not actually needed, but if you can fit them into the game somehow or other it would be great. But still, you actually don't have to if you can't. You could maybe take some advice from people working on it, like MasterMew, who tried to implement time in his game.

One question though: Who are those two people near the Lake of Rage? And I don't think you should use the name Rina, as that is already the name of a trainer in the official game. It's okay, however, if it's the same character.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
good work zel, once again nice screens. The screens look exact like the original pics ;)
One q wats SGX (SG= ShinyGold but whats with the X?)

Giovanni....(and STILL leader of Viridian City gym):P

Shiny Gold X is just Shiny Gold, except it's harder.

Couldn't you just download two FR roms, then when B3 comes out, trade from B2 to B3? Or if you didn't use the permanent patch method, couldn't you just swap the patches?

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2012
Zel i think you made a mistake, i think its rarecandybar and not ragecandybar. But i have to play gold for a LONG time so i may be mistaken.

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
Cool screen shots, zel!!
It's really looking authentic :D
And about time and PokeGear, didn't you say you might go working on a Crystal Emerald hack after SG, zel? It'd be a more suited game for those features I'd say. Btw, I really wish they'd hurry up and get the Tools Showcase and Documents/Tutorials-forums back up... Then I could try to learn hacking as well :D

Edit: @ShinyLugia: No, it's Ragecandybar.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
to Mr.Dragonite: Well, about Rina, I like her name (ever heard about "Slayers"?, they gave Lina Inverse that name when they made the anime's translation here, in the south... And, I'm a bit fan of her... :P)

to furrypaws: I forgot to thank you for your "answering skills" before... :P
But about swaping or whatever, I said it... Do whatever you want, I think the best bet is to start again and trade your pokes to the new play, and if you have an important item, just make the poke hold it... (and I'm sure you'll crush the game this time... O.o)
Always keep in mind that I'm always fixing or adding stuff in parts of the previous Beta, which means tweaking some flags... so things could not work ok in future plays...

to ShinyLugia: Yes, it is RageCandyBar, since it relates to Lake of Rage...

to martijn: Hmm... Well, sometimes I say a lot of stuff when I'm confused, but right here, right now, the main goal is to complete SG for FR (before Uni starts again in March, if possible)

Well, I've made a lot of screenshots of Team Rocket's event in Mahogany, so I'll divide them into two parts. So here's the first part, I'll post the second a bit later today (since it's a free day for me today! :D)

image48wb4.png
image49va9.png
image50xz9.png
image51xo1.png
image52cj8.png
image53po5.png
image54hm9.png
image55ge1.png

Perhaps the mapping could be improved a little, I know... But, for now, this is what I've made. (There's plenty of time to fix mapping, anyway...)

That's all, see ya later!

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
Cool, the screens seem quite matching to me.
But when Silver says "I'm furious that I lost to a bleeding heart like him.", I'm a bit puzzled. To what I can remember, he said something else on that point, but that could be me.

And about your reply to mine, it could be that someone else proposed that you should do that.

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
awesome screenshots zel, I like it how you took the tiles from the original TR hideout to make it look like how anyones saids "authentic" and blending, good mapping even though its not your favorite thing to do.

Why a Berry Shop in Kanto?... why not in Johto, i mean like to be able to have some of you own just in case if you run out of potions or fullheals? Just to help the character along. But if you idea is to change Kanto as much as you want it to be, and have it there to be as an extra opportunity, i support that too:D. All and all about berries, how many oran berries do you have to feed that sick miltank in Olivine?

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2008
im guessing its going to have all pokemon in (because you said in first post lol) but i was just wondering...for pokemon that have to be traded to evolve...are you going to just give them a certain level to evolve at?

sorry for not reading the whole thread to find answers but it is 53 pages now lol.

p.s thanx for putting the celebi event in this game :D

*edit 2 lol*

is there any chance you could put in an event and maybe make a sprite to put the crystal onix in :)

Last edited:

Enrico Marini

Resident Evil Hacker
Years
Will you go to release 2 new betas in the same time, Zel? (Shiny Gold and Shiny Gold X) What is the difference?

X = Harder version. Pokémon are higher in lvl.

Nice screenshots Zel. Can't wait for the weekend :).

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
im guessing its going to have all pokemon in (because you said in first post lol) but i was just wondering...for pokemon that have to be traded to evolve...are you going to just give them a certain level to evolve at?

sorry for not reading the whole thread to find answers but it is 53 pages now lol.

p.s thanx for putting the celebi event in this game :D

*edit 2 lol*

is there any chance you could put in an event and maybe make a sprite to put the crystal onix in :)

Most likely theres not going to be a crystal onix(if you thinking about the anime), this is a complete remake with a few more new rivals, and remixed dungeons. I dont think zel has yet put the celebi in the hack yet, cause he still has a long way to go for the hack to finish or needs to figure out when. Yes all the 386 in this game, zel said he would hack the pkmn lvl scripts in order to make them evolve so no worries there.:laugh:

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
@daniel_h: No, he shouldn't put in the Crystal Onix, for that one you should play Pokemon Naranja (Orange).

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Zel, I come here and 2 sets of screenies! I didn't expect that! BOY do you ever Map fast. Mahogany looks great! Like, really great! and those stupid rockets making you pay... I've still got a grudge against them (I went in that place while playing Silver for the first time:() I'll know not to go. You've made the script so that they charge you when you are going through the gate from North going South, not just South going North, right? Since they do that. TR base looks fine, don't worry about the tiles. I mean TR has much more the worry about then to make a base of theirs look "inviting" or "nice" (i.e. You, the hero). Everyone's got so many questions on SGX xD! You should really post it in the first post in bold what SGX is. It's a repeating question. Maybe you shouldn't have even mentionned it.

That's all from me.
Keep on hackin' that good ol' hacky hack... hack.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Cool, the screens seem quite matching to me.
But when Silver says "I'm furious that I lost to a bleeding heart like him.", I'm a bit puzzled. To what I can remember, he said something else on that point, but that could be me.

And about your reply to mine, it could be that someone else proposed that you should do that.

I'm respecting the dialogues almost at a 100%. Silver was talking about Lance, who blasted him... So Silver complains for a while and retires...

Why a Berry Shop in Kanto?... why not in Johto, i mean like to be able to have some of you own just in case if you run out of potions or fullheals? Just to help the character along. But if you idea is to change Kanto as much as you want it to be, and have it there to be as an extra opportunity, i support that too:D. All and all about berries, how many oran berries do you have to feed that sick miltank in Olivine?

The two reasons for it being in Kanto are: first, there are a lot of things already in Johto, leaving Kanto quite boring; and second, there are way too much Berry Trees in Johto, compared to Kanto, so a Berry shop is much more useful in Kanto, than in Johto.

Will you go to release 2 new betas in the same time, Zel? (Shiny Gold and Shiny Gold X) What is the difference?

The difference has been answered. And both of them will be released at the same time.
And, for now, SGX has edited trainer battles, I'm open to more suggestions to make the game more challenging...

The rest of the TR event in Mahogany screenshots...

image56qp1.png
image57ua2.png
image58qs1.png
image59di6.png
image60he3.png
image61qe4.png
image62ua0.png
image63qv1.png

And so the event ends, it's quite long... (Even longer was to script it... XD)

And, those two will be our sixth rival(s), names are Jess(girl) & Jamie(guy) (huh... :P), my tribute to the worst team in the world... jaja!

As a side note: When you battle against them in Goldenrod it's gonna be the weirdest battle of all, since Jamie's Weezing will tend to use Selfdestruct, not only killing your pokes, but also Jess' , since he's sooooooo dumb... lol

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Really? I thought he said there was going to be a special way to get their evos? Oh well...

Your welcome, all though I get the sense that you're mocking me...lol! jk! I wouldn't be offended if you were though...Just make the hack at your own pace...which is what you're doing...I need to stop using ...'s.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Woah...three in a row posts! btw, I see the revelance;

Jess=Jessie
Jamie=James

I think.

I can't wait to get a faster computer, so I can fully enjoy SG!! (Yes, frameskip set to two, music off)

I have a question that needs answering. Will you be the main rival throughout the entire game? (ie, you stalk, err...battle us throughout the entire game?

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008
Hello i have made this whit paint it's HP Deoxys by me

credit by archer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back