• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

impossible rp ideas

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Are there any franchises or general ideas for roleplaying settings that you think are too hard to turn into forum roleplays?

challenge accepted!

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
Code Geass Oh wait that would be pretty cool. And possible. What about Angel Beatz? Actually that's pretty cool too.. Shingeki no Kyojin? Death Note? Futurama? Call Of Duty? No, I found it. Little Big Planet. It's very hard to make that linear platformer-type in to a roleplay.

I'll link everything I mentioned. If that's alright.

If done properly, all of those look pretty doable to me. Of course you'd have to take a few liberties with the universe.
(I don't know what Angel Beats is, and I've never watched code Geass, so I couldn't speak for those two.)

I think sports RPs would be quite difficult to pull off

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Angel Beats is definitely doable!

I'd say... Big Bang Theory. Making a rp about a couple of geeks living across the hall from a couple of total bimbos... Hey okay that sounds really fun actually. Is there anything that is really un-RP-able?

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years
To be honest, If you really you wanted to find out something that is un rp able, you need several roles for an rp. If you have a franchise with one role, one person. Pretty much anything with a social aspect is roleplay able

I would totally join a Angel Beats one if someone made one, but wait for the summer, k?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
An rp where everyone plays as a different "voice" in the head of the same mentally insane person. Every post would be a joint post and it would just crash so hard.

Years
An rp where everyone plays as a different "voice" in the head of the same mentally insane person. Every post would be a joint post and it would just crash so hard.

That... that actually sounds like so much fun.

Anyway, there's not many things I think wouldn't work to some degree as an RP, but there are a lot of things that are doomed to fail. Basically any RP requiring you to permanently kill other players will not work at all because people don't want their characters to die.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Last man on earth RPs won't work, unless everyone will play a different limb. I also think the QWOP and the Surgeon simulator universe are bad RP settings

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I think almost anything can work as a roleplay, the question is will it actually appeal to anyone? :P

For example a BBT roleplay could work, but I'd imagine people find it hard to come up with original characters that fit such a realistic world and it would probably die from lack of excitement ):.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
A chemistry RP. Featuring molecules. I defy you to make it happen.

Where do I sign up.

Um ... Blue's Clues. You would have to take some liberties to really get the mechanics working properly, and in the end I don't see people wanting to play that long. Like ... What do you do? There's only so many times you can sit in that chair and think about paw prints.

God, how would you even roleplay that?​

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
Um ... Blue's Clues. You would have to take some liberties to really get the mechanics working properly, and in the end I don't see people wanting to play that long. Like ... What do you do? There's only so many times you can sit in that chair and think about paw prints.

God, how would you even roleplay that?​
Everyone roleplays as a dog named after a colour. How hard is that?

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Everyone roleplays as a dog named after a colour. How hard is that?

Maybe I'm just repressing the fact that I really want a gritty Film Noir Blue's Clues detective roleplay.

we just figured out blues clues
too bad the dudes still dead

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
My baby Aerion, if only because it was too epic for its own good. Medieval Fantasy in of itself works, but for some reason, it failed the three times SV and I tried to launch it. I only recently realized it would work better as a D&D campaign. Or a novel.

Back