• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do IRL people know you go on PC?

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Nearly everyone who associates with me knows I go, or at least at some point went on, PC. When I first started I made no effort to keep it secret, but then later on I started feeling embarrassed about it and told everyone I quit while I was actually still going on. xD

Now of course I don't care if people know, and even back when I tried to hide it, I wasn't very good at keeping it secret. :P So yeah, everyone knows. There are a few friends who don't, but that's just because it's never come up in conversation and it's not like I tell everyone I go on here.

Years
Nah. Most people I know don't care much for my interests. :P Plus I don't really post all that often, I just lurk a lot, so the lack of activity probably makes it so that even PCers don't know I come here often!

I guess I just don't have a lot to say most of the time. I'd rather listen most of the time.

AquaMarine8

One less, one less problem~
Years
Not anyone except for my mom. Not because I keep it a secret or anything, I just haven't gotten a chance to tell my friends, nor do I really have a reason to. :P

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I actually ran into an old classmate (well not really classmate, we both popped into the gaming club at our college) on here a while ago. I recognized their username from I think Steam or something, and was like "oh hey wait is this you" and, yeah lol.

Anyway though, nobody really knows I go on here, but it's not exactly something I declare to the world. Idc if people do or don't know, though. It's just that Pokémon forums don't exactly come up in conversation really often.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
Most of my friends know about it, as I always try (and fail) to convince them to join PC. I'm not ashamed or anything, why would I be? I actually convinced one friend to join, but he made his account at the beginning of April and every day he says he'll post. His username is Wumpus, if you wanted to know.

dad

big poppa
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
uh apparently my brother has or has had an account here and that's honestly enough to make me wanna jet.

Years
Nope but that's because the topic of forums has never really come up. I won't hesitate to tell most people, especially if we're friends, since it's nothing I'm ashamed of lol. PC. ♥

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
I've told a few people. I told my buddy I met friends on a Pokemon forum. He didn't much care. Uhhh, my parents KIND OF know since I met Marz when I was still a teen.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
No because online pokemon forums never come up into discussion.

Although a few people knew that I was a mod on sppf when I used to mod there.

Years
My siblings know, that's it. If anyone asked I'd tell them, but I really doubt that anyone will ask if I visit a Pokemon forum.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I led a fair few people here from IRL and two of them became mods at some point, haha. I was never quiet or secretive about PC and I was pretty obsessed with it for a long time so just about everyone who knew me well knew I was staff here. :P I also told my family every time I got promoted to a new staff rank because I was so proud of it, so they knew.

Now I'm not here very much but I'd certainly never shy away from telling people about it. It's just not really a thing that comes up, you know? Forums aren't exactly the most popular form of online interaction/social media anymore. But I mean, if someone I knew was looking for a place to chat about Pokémon, I'd definitely point them here and tell them to go friend me so I could stalk them. :P

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
If we ever get on the topic of pokemon or something similar, I'll bring up PC. Pretty much all of my friends know I'm on staff here since I told them when it happened, haha. My parents know as well, and they think it's kind of neat that I help make some of the bigger decisions, but my dad's first question was, "Do you get paid?"

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 4, 2018
Ya, I told my Mom when I used to trade on here. I had convinced an old friend join from irl. But she completely forgot. Although I think she still likes Pokémon.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
One or two of my friends know because they asked what I did during my free time and I told them. I'm sure my parents know as well but they're not very supportive of it because they're kinda against Pokemon, so I keep low when I'm around them.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....only my siblings know, lmao. But the entirety of my school knows I go on Slateport. I don't go on PC during school, so of course no one knows. xD The only reason my siblings know is because I talk about PC to them sometimes.

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
only my roommate knows, and that's because he used to go on this site too before we were ever roommates.

i'd rather keep it on the down-low, since PC is my safe haven and i prefer to keep it that way. got enough stalker problems as it is. :P

Back