• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC WiFi Tournament

cartercr

Sour Kangaroo's best friend!
Years
Now that Zam went AWOL, I have been asked to run the PC Wi-Fi Tournament. This thread will act as the new thread (since it would be hard to run a tournament from page 257 of the old thread...)

Link to the old thread can be found here

Round 3 Pairings
Dusknoirs vs Aragornbird
Cartercr vs Greg0915

Past Winners

June 2007: aragornbird
December 2007: Richard Lynch
February 2008: Lumine & Lady Nicole
May 2008: Ooka
October 2008: Aurafire
February 2009: aragornbird
April 2009: Ooka
October 2009: Mukkamoto & MasterUmbreon
March 2010: Mukkamoto
June 2010: Junoliv & _Prince_
August 2010: Alakazam17
December 2010: Kepov
March 2011: Kepov & psychomew2
June 2011: Dusknoirs

Now that Black and White are available in most places, I think it is about time that we have something like this set up. Chances are, most of the people reading this are able to link up wirelessly, and if not, you can still cheer on the players!

One of the problems I see with having a tournament is that I don't believe anyone other than the two participants can actually see what is going on, allowing cheaters to have a field day. So we'd need a level of trust between members. That said, I think it would be doable.

Other than that, here are a few rules I made up myself. Subject to change if I get a crowd of members wanting it as such. =P

PC WiFi Tournament Rules

1. You must have either Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, or SoulSilver, with WiFi capabilities to enter a Fourth Gen Tournament. For a Fifth Gen Tournament, you must have either Black or White.

2. You must have a team of six Pokemon, not including the following:

Fourth Gen
Mewtwo, Mew, Wynaut, Wobbuffet, Lugia, Ho-oh, Salamence, Latias, Latios, Groudon, Kyogre, Deoxys(all formes), Garchomp, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina(all formes), Manaphy, Shaymin(Sky forme only), Darkrai, Arceus

Fifth Gen

Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Blaziken, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys(Normal & Attack formes), Dialga, Palkia, Giratina(all formes), Manaphy, Shaymin(Sky forme only), Darkrai, Arceus, Excadrill, Thundrus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect

And in addition to that, there are some restrictions on abilities:

-Do not use the Moody Ability.
-Do not have Drizzle and Swift Swim Abilities on the same team.
-Chandelure with Shadow Tag is banned, but allowed with other Abilities.

Since we are just at the dawn of the fifth generation, several of the above ban lists may change over time. However, in regards to this tournament, we will follow the standards that were in effect as of Round One. Thus, if a Pokémon becomes banned in the middle of a tournament, they will be allowed for the remainder and banned in the subsequent tournaments. This also works both ways, so if a Pokémon is unbanned during a tournament, it will remained banned here until the final.

3. All basic clauses will be in effect. That's Sleep, Evasion, OHKO, Hax Item, and Species Clauses:

Sleep Clause: No two Pokemon of the same side should be asleep at the same time. Exceptions being Rest, and "no other choice" situations(ie. Effect Spore ability, or getting Encored on Hypnosis). Also of note is that while allowed in the singles, the use of Dark Void in a doubles or triples match is not.

Evasion Clause: No use of moves that alter the ability to hit with attacks. This includes Flash, Double Team, & Sand-Attack. This does not include Acupressure and Metronome, which could randomly increase evasiveness.

OHKO Clause: No using Guillotine, Horn Drill, Fissure, or Sheer Cold. Destiny Bond and Perish Song are allowed, however.

Hax Item Clause: No using hold items that rely on luck. Hax Items include Lax Incense, King's Rock, Brightpowder, Razor Claw, Scope Lens, and Quick Claw.

Species Clause: No two Pokemon of the same species on the same team. This does not apply to those in the same evolutionary line(ie. you can't have two Alakazam, but you can have an Alakazam and a Kadabra).

4. Since all Fourth Gen WiFi battles allow you to choose Pokemon levels, all battles should be held at level 50 or 100, to allow even-footing. Battles will also be Single, not Double. And for Fifth Gen battles, the Wonder Launcher must be turned off.

5. Entrants will be put into four groups at the start of the tourney: America East, America West, Europe, and Australia(after the regions the majority of you are from). Specific battles will be chosen randomly among the people in these groups, and will be posted here on a set day. However, once a certain point is reached, these regional groups will be dissolved, and everyone will be put in the same pot.

6. Another set day, a DQ time as we like to call it, will be given, and I'd ask all results to be posted here before this time. The DQ time will be two weeks for each round, beginning and ending on a Saturday. Note that winning your battle while failing to notify me within the DQ time will still result in your DQ.

7. This before-mentioned process will repeat until we have one person left! This person will be declared the winner, and will have their name at the top of this post for all eternity! Also, they will recieve prizes as listed below.

8. If you turn out to be a no-show, not only will you not be able to receive any benefits(ie. being the candidate for the free round), but you will have to participate in a preliminary match the next time you enter the tournament. This shall include no-shows from previous rounds, with the winners moving on to Round One. Note the fact that if someone who withdraws from the tournament will not be considered a no-show.

9. While the main tourney is, as mentioned, for Single Battles over WiFi, there will be a Side-Tourney, or Side-Tournies, as well. There are currently no Side-Tournies, and that will remain the case until further notice.

10. If you change your username or account, please notify me ASAP.

11. Please respect your fellow battlers. That means no flaming or spamming, or insulting your opponents. We are supposed to have fun here, so don't go ruining it for everyone else. Any member found practicing bad sportsmanship will be dealt with accordingly.

12. Now, the rules I must add, and that I hope will never have to be enforced:

If two people finish a battle with conflicting stories, BOTH will be disqualified. Furthermore, if later on the identity of the untruthful individual is found out, he or she will be banned from all future tournaments. This includes those who disconnect intentionally and lie about it.

Furthermore, if it is found out that a battler has been using illegal hacked Pokemon, he or she will be banned from all future tournaments. This is in addition to any action the forum staff may take.

Prizes

Note: Anyone who wishes to donate a prize to the tournament, please PM me. It would be appreciated.

1st place: Choice of 2 donations, plus recognition in the top of this post. Also gets to skip 1st & 2nd rounds of next tournament.
2nd place: Choice of 1 donation. Also gets to skip 1st round of next tournament.
3rd & 4th place: Gets to skip 1st round of next tournament.
Giver of Donation: Gets to skip 1st round of next tournament. This is assuming the donation is both legal and worthy for being a prize.

About one week before the next tournament starts, I shall PM all participants. If I don't get a reply before the beginning date, they will be disqualified. This is of course used to avoid no-shows.

And when it finally does begin, I will post the pairings, and give trainers at least one week to post their results.

List of Prize Donations:
Shiny Sandile Lv1
UT, Flawless
Nature: Adamant, Ability: Intimidate
Donated by Snorelacks​

Last edited:

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 5, 2014
Ok, I guess I'll sign up for the fourth gen division.
game name: psy17
fc: it's in my sig.
Hopefully we'll start getting more people signing up for this soon.

Koi

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
It's been over a week and we only got 1 participants... /=

Sigh, I guess PC Wi-Fi Tournament is dead. ;w;

cartercr

Years
This is sad... I PM'd every one of the 50 top players who have been active for more then the last month, but I only get this as a response. Curse you Zam! May you lose 1/4 of your health every turn!

Years
Ill join for fifth gen out.
Game name is same as username here an fc is in sig.
I can offer shinies as prizes if those are the kind of prizes you are wanting to offer. Ill donate say maybe 3 for first, 2 for second, an 1 a piece for 3rd and 4th. If that sounds good

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
I do not want wifi battle to die so I will join XD
White l Kokoro l 0647 - 6017 - 7410

Koi

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
2 more days to go but it's good to see more people are joining this. ^^
I hope more and more people joins before the deadline, so that way, we can get this going.
Even if there isn't enough people by the deadline, if more people are joining this, I'm sure it would motivate cartercr to extend the deadline and this give a second try. :)

Last edited:

cartercr

Years
Deadline has been extended by one week. If we can't fill the final three spots in one week, the tournament is canceled. I would hate to have to do this, though. Also, if we don't have at least 4 players for the Random Tier tournament, I will have to end that one.

Years
I am in for the 5th Gen OU tour (If legal hacks are allowed i am out then)
White
GEORGE
4040-5231-4571

johnny18

Years
I'm trying to get my friends to join this guys. Hope it can help

Last edited:

johnny18

Years
One suggestion though, can we have an emblem as the prize rather than waiting for donation?

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 5, 2014
The way things are going here makes me happy and sad at the same time.
Im really glad this thing is getting more attention, I would be upset if it faded off into obscurity.
On the other hand, if no more fourth gen people come along i wont be able to play. *sigh* if only i had the patience to grind all of my pokemon to lv 100.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Okay, I'll join 5th Gen OU.

Name: Aragorn
FC: 0346 5541 5572

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Back