• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan ?

Master Xemnas

Seeker of Light
Years
Hello everyone !
I've just made this thread to know what pokemon did you chose between those two ?
What were the reasons, which of these two pokemon do you think is the strongest ?
Let me know your reasons ! ;)

Last edited:

ShiningLust

Gym Leader of Ground Oden
Years
well hitmonlee is stronger thin hitmonchan

but hitmonchan can take hits and not as kool as hitmonlee

so it all depends for me cuz I like both

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Hitmonlee is stronger by Attack stat,
while Hitmonchan looks awesome with his punching gloves.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

I chose Hitmonlee purely because he was cooler to me.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
I always chose Hitmonlee because i like kick boxers.
Hitmonchan i think would be better in battle because of its diversity.. As being to have moves such as Thunderpunch.. Icepunch.. Firepunch.. Ect.

Years
The first time I played Leaf Green, I picked Hitmonchan. I didn't understand this Pokemon, if you can even call it that. It just looks like a person to me, not very creative..

Hitmonlee on the other hand has a much more creative design, and stronger. I liked him a lot more. That's just my opinion though. :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
I have always picked Hitmonchan due to the elemental punches (not realising they were special) and preferring its design over Hitmonlee (and Hitmontop over both of them). Now though, Hitmonlee is growing on me - I may use him next time.

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
Years
I've always liked Hitmonchan a lot more. It just looks awesome, and punching is cooler than kicking. I also ran into one in my randomizer Nuzlocke, so I guess it was meant to be.

Master Xemnas

Seeker of Light
Years
I forgot to give my opinion ! So, I always took Hitmonlee , because i found it stronger than hitmonchan, more stylish and it seems me more offensive and powerful, even if il love hitmonchan !

Skyzor91

Skyzor the Scizor
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 14, 2013
I chose Hitmonchan a lot but I would suggest Hitmonlee more as the Special based Punches from Hitmonchan (Ice, Fire and Thunder) while are somewhat effective, Hitmonchan's Special Attack is low so those elemental punches would not be as effective as they came to be in the NDS era onwards.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Since I first chose Hitmonchan in my Yellow playthrough, I continued this habit even in Fire Red =)
I guess I chose him because of elemental punches as Yellow did not have the same mechanics as newer versions nor I knew about game mechanics =D
And since I like habits, I chose Hitmonchan. Also because I did not plan either of them to be part of the team so I did not have to think about it.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Hitmonlee, because he looks cooler, has a much higher firepower in the form of Reckless, Hi Jump Kick and 120 base attack, and Rapid Spin. Oh, and a much stronger Sucker Punch. I still like Hitmonchan, though.

Back