• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
Years
They would make an amazing RPG of some sort. Square-enix+ game freak= perfect? 72

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

Guys guys guys, I think you're forgetting something.
The Mystery dungeon games aren't developed by Game Freak, they're made by Chunsoft. So whether the PMD games come out on the 3DS or not shouldn't effect the whole affair that much. Game Freak seem to be rather adamant about waiting before they make something 3DS-y, possibly because doing so would mean a lot of re-learning and re-coding (they'd have to make a whole new game engine after all).

lloebet

Years
I read an article in nintendo power about them having to re learn the engine like theu just got finished learning the DS one now they have to learn the 3DS one. They also said pearl and emerald where their test games for the DS. But yes i understand chunsoft made pokemon mystery dungeon which they based off one of their unpopular games named Mystery dungeon. People liked the pokemon version more then the "RPG spikey haired protogonist" version of it. 74

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
I try to do all the possible double battles on Emerald (you know, with trainers moving, so you have to time to get the actual double battle and not two single batles). I like them more than single battles. |D

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

I think I shall indulge myself into anime.

In the meantime, have stuff.

cxTjh.png

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years

Looking great Pokestick. I really like your style. It's so neat and yet quite detailed. ovo
I'm currently inking traditionally, so I have no stuff to show.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Still don't think Gamefreak would want to go backwards with the Pokemon Franchise though. But that's just me.

Looking goood Pokey!

I don't really have anything to show and if I did it wouldn't nearly has a good as Pokey's.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
There's someone on PC who has a really nice pixel art of Route 114 (before you enter Meteor Falls). I wouldn't mind games like that. : ) But that makes me wonder though, about the direction they'll take with the sprites.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

I hope they'll keep the pixely design they are using now. Though as long as they manage to pull it off well, they can do what they want with the art style.
3D sprites COULD work. I just hope all characters don't turn into sodding Wii people.

lloebet

Years
Could you make a thingy so i can see that pixel art? Anything Hoenn I'd like to see. 79

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
I wouldn't mind if they kept the pixely style either, it's part of Pokémon's charm. It never bothered me. Even replaying Emerald doesn't bother me after playing Black for so long.
And I think we all know you can do wonderful things with pixels.

Wii people? You mean the Mii's?

Let me try to find it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I think Pokemon would lose part of its charm if they didn't keep with the pixel style, yeah. If they want more 3D well, I think the new Mystery Dungeon is like so (which is fine) but anything with humans they need to stick it onto the Wii or something like XD and Colosseum.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years

You can find the picture I was talking about in this person's signature: Right here

I think it's probably easier to translated Pokémon into full 3D than the humans. We all know what Pokémon look like from their battle sprites, and with each generation those have become more fleshed out. But for the humans, it was always those chubby/deformed/chibi sprites. It would be weird to suddenly see trainers in their anatomically correct 3D form.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Agreed. I don't think it'll be quite possible to make the humans 3D and make them look good on the 3DS unless they change how Pokemon looks like as a whole.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years

Indeed. Making them chibi in 3D would kind of ruin the feel as well. I mean, as they are now, you can still -to some extend- believe that they are "anatomically correct" humans, but not everything shows because of the height limit. Smooth, 3D chibi would not allow for that feeling anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back