• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I believe the tower is like the fountain in Castelia with the dancers in BW, where the different routes connect. Also it could have a opening in a different side, if so than I'm guessing the camera may work like in Castelia with the streets.
wonder why they split the dex up into three areas and not more.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Its also incredibly stupid to add real world icons to games that aren't part of the real world. I don't see the point in that being a building when its in proper placement for a monument. Makes perfect sense for it to be a statue for iconic reference rather than an unimportant building.

GTS station would be cool. Placement of the thing would be pretty well planned. Would make it into a radio station. Kinda like that Japanese radio tower. Forgot its name.
They will not add a figure and give it a real world name. That would suggest that this is all in our world. They wouldn't do that. However, they can put a tower with a resemblence to the real world figure. Victini's home, Liberty Garden, has been referred to as the Unova Statue of Liberty (Liberty Island).

Here, people have associated the Eiffel Tower with the tower because of France. Is it the Eiffel Tower? No. Is it meant to be the Pokémon equivalent? I say yes. Will it be explorable? I'm 90% certain that yes, it will be. I just don't know WHAT it will be. Even if it's nothing more than a gate, it means it's accessible (though that's a huge building for a gate).

There is no meant to represent there. Gamefreak has said nothing on this. We're making assumptions. These assumptions have also given us all the now proven false fairy rumors. It looks like a lot of different radio towers. The most up to date image shown doesn't have the white light based on what was shown.
If there is an open doorframe with white light coming out, chances are it's used for something. Of course, in the final product, it could be sealed. However, right now, as we are looking at it, there appears a possibility that it will be open. And I think more people here hope it's an open building.

Cyclone

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I like the new reveal, the panda is my favorite. Although why are we debating the size of the elifle tower? Also now we can walk diagonally and the customization is cool to.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Helioptile sounds odd. Is that pronounced "He-lee-ohp-tile"?

Fletchling is ok I guess, it sounds a bit uninspired though. Gogoat is nice although it sounds like you're stuttering when you mention it. Panchum seems pretty obvious now that I look at it. "Punch em" or "Panda + Chum"

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I really like all of the names but Fletchling, which sounds so weird.
The fact that Gogoat keeps his name is great, and Panchum is such a cute one :D

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
EDIT: AHHHHHH BEATEN

I just hope I'm able to ride a Tauros or something, lol. Can't wait to see how the riding function plays out.

Last edited:

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I love the being able to ride on Gogoat - hopefully it will be transferable to Rapidash.. And as someone mentioned in the Youtube comments with the detail we can see they might have to draw each individual surfing. or else they'll give us a boat.. I don't like the thought of that :/

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
X/Y Rumors Confirmed !

Since this is pretty big, i thought it would be best to create a specific thread for it. The English trailer gave the names of four new Pokemons and they're the same as The guy gave Pokebeach. This probably means that following are also Confirmed :

Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.

Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).

Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.

The professor's English name is Patrice.

The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.

The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.

A few attacks will be dual-typed.

There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.

You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

Massive Changes !

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
This is a rather large leap. For starters, I have no idea which trailer you're talking about, but of course that doesn't mean anything. Just because one thing was true doesn't automatically confirm all these others. That's just not how it works. These will be proven true when they are actually shown. Plus, attacks being dual-typed is just ridiculous. I can't really ever see that happening.

EDIT: If this is the trailer you mean, it didn't release any names whatsoever, so I have no idea what you're getting at...

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'm really impressed about how good the graphics look. From the first trailer revealed to this it definitely looks like the quality got a jump. I'm very pleased with it! Plus, riding Gogoat looks cool (although I hope that just a minigame or something, since I don't want to be forced to have a Pokémon like that to act as a new Bike).

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
This is a rather large leap. For starters, I have no idea which trailer you're talking about, but of course that doesn't mean anything. Just because one thing was true doesn't automatically confirm all these others. That's just not how it works. These will be proven true when they are actually shown. Plus, attacks being dual-typed is just ridiculous. I can't really ever see that happening.

These aren't the things that the trailer confirmed. Let me simplify this, Someone told Pokebeach yesterday that the English names of the four new pokemons would be GoGoat,Panchum,Helioptile and Fletchling. These were confirmed today. That same guy gave Pokebeach the aforementioned Rumors. So it's highly Likely That they are true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back