• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Settings you need right now

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
There's an almost infinite amounts of possible story settings, from playing samurais in feudal Japan, to playing Bidoofs working on the world's biggest dam. What's a setting you wish you could play in right now?

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
I would really dig a fantasy world setting if I had time and someone would create one. I have my own, but that would require my availability to GM it. I ain't got time for that.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I would really dig a fantasy world setting if I had time and someone would create one. I have my own, but that would require my availability to GM it. I ain't got time for that.

Shak and Grey Bidoof are currently running Legends of Abyllia, albeit a bit slowly

SeleneHime

The pen may be mightier than the sword, but I'll t
Years

Pretty much this, but it'd also require me to be not ... three weeks away from finals. And to have all of the information catalogued instead of floating around in my head, but there is that.

Weazel

Writing posts he doesn't submit.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 13, 2018
I'm feeling something Skies of Arcadia with Pokemon, preferably PMD. Great airships flying through an ocean of clouds, dotted by floating islands that could be hiding any number of things! I have a few ideas related to that rattling around in my brain, but starting (and participating in) RPs here is a bit more intimidating than I'm used to.

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
Post-Apocalyptia, Hell, Purgatory, Prison, Haunted House, Hospital/Clinic, Summer Camp, Cultist Village, I have a lot of settings I'd love to use, but I'm just too busy/lazy to work on them.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
A dark RP that's basically Pokemon with a few aspects of Star Wars and/or Harry Potter, preferably with Team Rocket as the antagonists....

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Too be honest, I would just love a pokemon journey where we could find or pick our own pokemon with some limits of course. Something that doesn't go completely out of the pokemon world. Something that is more like the manga or anime. One that also has a decent day and night system. Something not extremely plot heavy, but had enough plot to get people interested, and that doesn't go over 5 or 6 people. I guess what I am asking for is a Sandbox Journey.

I love Pokemon Trainer Academy, but it is just limited when it comes to exploring, not to mention it seems to have died or extremely slow.

Years
Just saying, new Star Wars movie in a month. By the time somebody got one together, the new movie would be out and could work with new cannon material...

Honestly though, I don't know what I want. I rarely know what setting I am craving until I see one and I think "Hey, that looks really cool!" I tend to avoid most typical pokemon journey roleplays nowadays, but maybe some sort of pokemon spin-off could be cool, or maybe something completely different.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
Something dystopian like Mirror's Edge. A virtual reality but in 2D like maybe being stuck in a Super Mario Game level. An underground labyrinth that's sentient. A ghost pirate ship that's bigger on the inside than it looks. A red light district in a country under the Japanese Occupation during WWII.

Idk I have so many worlds I'd like to be a part of, it's a wonder I'm not insane yet. oh wait

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
How about a roleplay...ON A BOAT! Yeah, man.

But I'm up for anything! Sometimes you just need a simple journey RP. (I'd have joined the current ones but they're busy.)

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
Actually, thanks to this thread I'm getting to work on a prison-based sandbox RP. Thanks GimmePie!

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
Years
  • Age 27
  • HK
  • Seen Sep 9, 2017
Are there any Medieval-based settings right now. Fun for sieges, war...I can imagine a couple of humans and Pokemon pulling off the Merry Men quite well.

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
Years
  • Age 27
  • HK
  • Seen Sep 9, 2017
I guess I was looking for something Pokemon in that setting. I find myself quite terrible at humans. Heh. Something light and whimsical even! I'll keep an eye on LoA though! ^^

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
I came up with another idea that I am too lazy to make in an RP:

A Pokemon RP that takes place in an Ancient Egypt-like setting, not sure about the exact plot, though...

Back