The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 7th, 2014, 08:42 AM
TheRealDylanator

Sorry if this has already been asked (I never read every comment.) but can you do this with gen1? I was originally going to be making a white 2 rom but I decided I was going to make a gen1 one instead. (Getting off topic, oops.)

Old April 17th, 2014, 05:41 AM
The Super Kid

I'm sorry to add onto the load of questions, but when I add a new Pokemon in the ?????? slot (after Celebi), I try to load up the game (FireRed rom) but the emulator just shows a white screen. I've triend browsing the internet to find an answer, but all I got was 'change save type to Flash128. So I did that and... nothing happened.
Help anybody?
Old April 27th, 2014, 10:24 AM
TheRealDylanator

Im going to just cut the the chase...
...any second now... 5 4 3 2 1 0 -1 -2 -3 -4 -5.
All jokes aside though.

I got to the edit plate step but the only plate option not greyed out was import plate, help, quick please!

Old April 27th, 2014, 10:26 AM
TheRealDylanator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealDylanator View Post
Sorry if this has already been asked (I never read every comment.) but can you do this with gen1? I was originally going to be making a white 2 rom but I decided I was going to make a gen1 one instead. (Getting off topic, oops.)
Ignore that I didn't even read what the method was compatible with at the time.

Old April 29th, 2014, 08:50 AM
pokemonmaster5000

Can this work with pokemon fire red?
Old April 29th, 2014, 08:53 AM
pokemonmaster5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Super Kid View Post
I'm sorry to add onto the load of questions, but when I add a new Pokemon in the ?????? slot (after Celebi), I try to load up the game (FireRed rom) but the emulator just shows a white screen. I've triend browsing the internet to find an answer, but all I got was 'change save type to Flash128. So I did that and... nothing happened.
Help anybody?
hhmmm... not sure did you download visualboyadvance? that usally lets you play hacked pokemon games.
Old April 29th, 2014, 08:21 PM
Winglerfish

Does anyone here have experience using unLZ with wine and a Mac? I used TP's method to insert a custom trainer sprite before, but the same method won't work with a pokemon sprite. There shouldn't be too much difference, right?

I've done everything listed, but unLZ just spits out a message that says "Image is not indexed." I'm not the most hacking-literate person. Any suggestions?
Old May 12th, 2014, 12:01 PM
parth9
God is busy...May i help you

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winglerfish View Post
Does anyone here have experience using unLZ with wine and a Mac? I used TP's method to insert a custom trainer sprite before, but the same method won't work with a pokemon sprite. There shouldn't be too much difference, right?

I've done everything listed, but unLZ just spits out a message that says "Image is not indexed." I'm not the most hacking-literate person. Any suggestions?
Hmmm....make your image indexed by decreasing is color depth to 16bpp and keeping the first color as the background color of the image... ..

May sound hard for non experienced once in hacking..
Old May 29th, 2014, 02:57 PM
mindstorm5712

I changed the sprite for Treecko in Saphire, along with some of it's attributes, but whenever I pick it as my starter, the screen freezes and goes into negative colors. Help?
Old May 29th, 2014, 03:12 PM
mindstorm5712

Okay, forget what I just said. I had some problems that I figured out. Oops.
Old May 29th, 2014, 03:34 PM
mindstorm5712

Okay, so now I'm having a real problem. The Treecko I replaced has the color scheme of what I'm replacing it with, but it is still shaped like a Treecko. Any help? Thanks.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links