• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
Okay guys, I've got 3.1 to work. Is there anything I should know?

Like any major errors that could hamper my gameplay? Any hangs, crashes in this release?

You mean the official 3.1 release? If so there are several bugs that exist in that version, most notably being that the Special/Physical split is completely broken in it (every attack counts as a Special attack). I strongly suggest you use the Live Beta.

SylentEcho

Beyond-the-Beyond n00b
Years
Thanks a lot! :)

I got the 3.1 beta.

Edit:
Oops, I got the Live Beta IPS thing now. I'll figure out how to use it. Is there a way I could use it on my Gameboid (Android phone emu) or is it just for PC emu?

Last edited:
Years
Thanks a lot! :)

I got the 3.1 beta.

Edit:
Oops, I got the Live Beta IPS thing now. I'll figure out how to use it. Is there a way I could use it on my Gameboid (Android phone emu) or is it just for PC emu?

I am playing LC live beta on my Gameboid and it works perfect.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2023
No clue how to get to the Orange Islands. I have the Sea pass and ticket stamped but I have no clue where this undersea express is, nor do I know where Kyogre is. I have explored all over the Underwater caverns and ran into some area where I can fight 17 Type masters.

How do I find Kygore and where is the Undersea Express that takes me to the Orange Islands?

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2023
Where can i find Heracross, I really want one. I have been headbutting trees in Ibex forest and azrela town for a long time, and no luck. Anyone know how to find one?

Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2013
Hey guys, i talked to axel at e kanto office block. Well e part where he brings u up on e escalator. I talked to him after that and now i have no idea what im suppoed to do to progress in e game. Can anyone help me out. Much appreciated

Im playing e live version btw

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
Hey guys, i talked to axel at e kanto office block. Well e part where he brings u up on e escalator. I talked to him after that and now i have no idea what im suppoed to do to progress in e game. Can anyone help me out. Much appreciated

Im playing e live version btw

He's supposed to give you a mission to take down Team Rocket and/or Saturn... but I can't remember what the first one is, Sorry.

Anyway, I'm playing the latest Live Beta on GameBoid and noticed several things I'll report:

1. In the Live Log it says Clair's "black box" bug was fixed. However, when I fought her, she was still a black box. Maybe its something to do with my emulator...

2. After defeating Clair before doing the Dragon's Den quest, Axel appears outside the Dragon Den with no dialouge. I don't recall him being there before.

3. In the Dragon's Den, ON the rock just south of the Twins, there is now an item (Max Elixer). The item again appears on top of the rock and I don't think it was there int he last Live Beta.

4. Just a minor grief... the Mystery egg Pokemon still doesn't know Dizzy Punch as it did in Crystal and the Dratini you get in the Dragon's Den still doesn't have Extremespeed :(

5. Minor curiousity... are there any plans to change Rocky (the Onix you can get in a trade in Violet City) so that his nature isn't Timid? I've always somewhat wanted to use it but Timid is a horrible terrible nature for an Onix (since it lowers Attack).

6. I talked to Latios from behind and its sprite turned into that of Latias before the battle.

7. Latios probably shouldn't be compatible with Ice Punch.

8. I don't believe the Weather bug has been fixed, either. In the rain, my Electabuzz still does more damage with Fire Punch (75 base power) than Headbutt (70 base power). But Fire Punch's damage should be halved in the rain.

9. Your season system is cool... but it kinda sucks one has to wait a whole year to see all of them. Maybe switch to BW's weather system of a season lasting 1 month?

10. Gyarados should be compatible with Earthquake.

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
Just a heads up, I've found that Nidoqueen can't learn sludge bomb.

Yes... this seems to be a common trait for Pokemon who could not learn Sludge Bomb in Gen II, but could learn it in Gen III and beyond. For the record (so it could get fixed), this includes:

Bulbasaur family
Nidoran family
Zubat family
Gastly family
Bellossom
Octillery

All of the above Pokemon could not learn Sludge Bomb in the original Crystal but they can learn it in other Generation 3 games. I assume its caused by LaZ simply importing TM data from Crystal to Liquid Crystal somehow. Since LC is a Gen 3 game, they probably should be able to. I know that Crobat & Gengar have been reported before so they may be fixed now, I dunno.

Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2012
Hey guys Im new to this forum but I already have a question for this hack:
Will the full game or any beta in the future be compatible with EZ Flash IV?
I understand that the RTC wont work but it would be awesome if the game itself works.

Thanks to the one that reply's!

wilso

Grass Master
Years
where can i find a aron because im looking in dark cave and i cant find it o.o also where can i find all the evo stones?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2012
Can someone pls help me? I really want to play pokemon liquid crystal on ez flash iv and i found out i should write it on the NOR memory but when i try that it just cancels the writing and i get no following message, ive tried it a few times but it still wont work :(. pls help me...

Years
There are people who sell stones throughout the game (Pokemon centers, Lighthouse, hidden place in Violet City to name a few). You just need to find them. Most of them have been said already, so if you're looking for a particular stone just search the forum real quick.

To LaZ and others: I have just come across a small bug. I decided to make a Johto tour after getting HM Dive, to see all the places where you can dive. The bug is most of the objects I had picked up are back. For example, the Hyper potion and hidden great ball on route 32. However, the Leftovers in the National Park aren't back.

Also, I don't know if this was supposed to be fixed, but there still isn't any Pokemon on ground floor of Union Cave.

I'm going to report thison Pokemon World as well.

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
Can someone pls help me? I really want to play pokemon liquid crystal on ez flash iv and i found out i should write it on the NOR memory but when i try that it just cancels the writing and i get no following message, ive tried it a few times but it still wont work :(. pls help me...
This is because Liquid Crystal, like many hacks, is not compatible with Flash cards. You must play Liquid Crystal via emulator, the Visual Boy Advanced emulator in the OP is recommended.

Back