• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hey.

I hope this is the right place to post the question i got.

I got a problem with the rom-hacks that i haven't had before. I got a new computer with Windows 7 recent, and when i tried to use rom-hacks on it ive had some problems. When i am trying to play a pokemon game, or a patched one(no difference) i got a couple of different errors. Depends on what emulator i am running. The problems are the following.

A) With VLink when i go into houses, or down or up stairs the screen either turns black and nothing happens, or i am ending up in a forest where i cant move at all. There is two other peolpe standing in the forrest on the threes, and i am just stuck. No way out of it.

B) With No$GBA it just turns black, and then nothing is happening.

So my question is what can i do to fix it? Any problems with Windows 7? Since ive only been using Vista and XP earlier, and it has always worked fine with XP and Vista, but now that i decided to try some rom-hacks again with my new computer it didnt work.

If anyone can help me, I would be thankful.

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
No$GBA does not work properly with Windows 7, hack or not, apparently.
Windows 7 seems to be having a lot of problems with emulators/roms :/

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Bumping my question :/
I need to know the hex values/offsets I need to change :/
How do you find the data you need to change? Is it guess and check?

Well, have you got a list of the available Pokémon?

Hey.

I hope this is the right place to post the question i got.

I got a problem with the rom-hacks that i haven't had before. I got a new computer with Windows 7 recent, and when i tried to use rom-hacks on it ive had some problems. When i am trying to play a pokemon game, or a patched one(no difference) i got a couple of different errors. Depends on what emulator i am running. The problems are the following.

A) With VLink when i go into houses, or down or up stairs the screen either turns black and nothing happens, or i am ending up in a forest where i cant move at all. There is two other peolpe standing in the forrest on the threes, and i am just stuck. No way out of it.

B) With No$GBA it just turns black, and then nothing is happening.

So my question is what can i do to fix it? Any problems with Windows 7? Since ive only been using Vista and XP earlier, and it has always worked fine with XP and Vista, but now that i decided to try some rom-hacks again with my new computer it didnt work.

If anyone can help me, I would be thankful.

Mind telling us the exact versions of VBA Link and No$GBA you tried? Also, what ROMs in particular?
What about clean ROMs? Do they have the same issues?

No$GBA does not work properly with Windows 7, hack or not, apparently.
Windows 7 seems to be having a lot of problems with emulators/roms :/

I honestly don't know what are you talking about... I have Windows 7 as well, and everything works fine o_O

Lanzar

~Zelda fan #1~
Years
Why can't I search on 800000 in FSF anymore? It just showes up 800000 if I press search...D:
And yeah, I've tried different roms.

Years
"Well, have you got a list of the available Pokémon?

What Pokemon-versions?"

"Mind telling us the exact versions of VBA Link and No$GBA you tried? Also, what ROMs in particular?
What about clean ROMs? Do they have the same issues?"

VBA Link 1.8.0
No$GBA 2.6

I've tried several, everything from Riijon's Adventure to AshGrey. The last one i havent played before, but Riijon's worked fine last time i played. Before I got the new computer.

With Clean ROMs it works better, not as many problems as with the hacks.

"I honestly don't know what are you talking about... I have Windows 7 as well, and everything works fine o_O"

It was just a suggestion, since I dont know the problem myself, and trying to figure it out :D

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Why can't I search on 800000 in FSF anymore? It just showes up 800000 if I press search...D:
And yeah, I've tried different roms.

What do you mean you can't search?

VBA Link 1.8.0
No$GBA 2.6

It could be the emulator is not set up properly and/or there are some issues/incompatibilies with your graphical card. I don't really think it's Windows 7's fault at all.

Try posting the content of your vba1.ini file.

Years
It could be the emulator is not set up properly and/or there are some issues/incompatibilies with your graphical card. I don't really think it's Windows 7's fault at all.

Try posting the content of your vba1.ini file.

Spoiler:

I don't think its Windows 7's fault anymore based on the fact that its working fine with you guys, so the graphical error might be likely.

I also tried with different IPS-program, and that changed it in No$GBA so that the threes that i am getting stuck in when entering a house is comming in that one as well.

The programs for IPS that ive tried is
IPSWin
SmartIPS

And for APS ive used the A-Ptch, and for the UPS the one that is linked to in the Riijon. If there is anything with the patching itself that have gone wrong?

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
Im trying to use a Munchlax sprite to put in my new Firered hack
but It keeps messing up the sprite because of the Palette, I replaced the Aerodactyl sprite with Mucnhlax for Pokedex reasons but I cant seem to remove the hovering thing

Help?

Maco

learning the ropes...
Years
Nope, It's 16. ´

My last idea is the free space byte. It's FF for every ROM but Emerald, I think. (Ignore this, don't know where I got this info from, see HackMew's post below). If you've got it right, I'm afraid you'll need advice from someone more knowledgeable.

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Still 800000...
It worked before. :/

What version are you using anyway?

My last idea is the free space byte. It's FF for every ROM but Emerald, I think. If you've got it right, I'm afraid you'll need advice from someone more knowledgeable.

It's not the Free Space Byte for sure. It should always be FF, no matter what Pokémon ROM you're using.

Spoiler:

I don't think its Windows 7's fault anymore based on the fact that its working fine with you guys, so the graphical error might be likely.

I also tried with different IPS-program, and that changed it in No$GBA so that the threes that i am getting stuck in when entering a house is comming in that one as well.

The programs for IPS that ive tried is
IPSWin
SmartIPS

And for APS ive used the A-Ptch, and for the UPS the one that is linked to in the Riijon. If there is anything with the patching itself that have gone wrong?

Yeah, well... I don't think it's the patching either. So... in VBA your rendering method is currently set to DirectDraw, which is the default one. Usually it should work just fine. Try changing it to GDI, Direct3D and OpenGL from the Video > Render Method menu.

Last edited:
Years
Yeah, well... I don't think it's the patching either. So... in VBA your rendering method is currently set to DirectDraw, which is the default one. Usually it should work just fine. Try changing it to GDI, Direct3D and OpenGL from the Video > Render Method menu.

I've tried that now, and still it doesn't work. It keeps send me into the three's where i cant move with two people, and a Nidoran(Forgot to mention the Nidoran, but its there too:D)

And i was trying to upload a picture of it, but since i got less than 15 posts, I'am not allowed to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back