• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-fi

Corazón

Pokémon Master
Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2010
Can you get Wi-Fi on your DS with WPA connection? My dad recently changed it to WPA so I was wondering...

Gerri Shin

  
Years
As far as I know only the DSi can connect to WPA encrypted routers. The regular DS and DS lite can only connect to WEP encrypted routers.

Years
^^This. There'd not really any other way around it, unless you can track down a Nintendo Wifi adaptor. Which will be hard, considering they were discontinued to due putting out to much radiation, if I recall right. I shouldn't really use mine, then.

Years
^^This. There'd not really any other way around it, unless you can track down a Nintendo Wifi adaptor. Which will be hard, considering they were discontinued to due putting out to much radiation, if I recall right. I shouldn't really use mine, then.
The reason it was discontinued was due to a sucessfull lawsuit by CSIRO against Buffalo Technology. Buffalo Technology was the manufacture of the Wi-Fi adapter.

Back