• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

La Storia della Arcana Famiglia [SU/OOC][T]

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Haha my guy is pretty much unstoppable... as long as he doesnt have to think about anything difficult and people dont tell him the wrong thing >.> otherwise hes about as useful as a two year old.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Waah! I got so wrapped up in P4G that I forgot... Ok I'll fix my SU after I get back from work, which should be in the next 6 hours!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Haha my guy is pretty much unstoppable... as long as he doesnt have to think about anything difficult and people dont tell him the wrong thing >.> otherwise hes about as useful as a two year old.
I've a question, if you'd be so kind as to answer it. ^_^

Aerous is described as being able to learn physical fighting styles, but how far does this extend? Strategy on a military scale, for example, is definitely something physical. Would he be able to become the next Sun Tzu, with sufficient observation of battle?

Or, is it simply instinctual, and he doesn't truly understand it? That would mean his body is in the driver's seat when in combat, and somebody with knowledge of his arcana could manipulate this with enough imagination.

I hope you don't mind my curiosity~

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
SU for Tobi's cat

Name: Simon
Species: Cat
Breed: Maine Coon
Current Ownership: Property of the Famiglia. Formally belonged to the church.
Appearence: Simon is a handsome Brown Mackrel Tabby Tom cat. True to his breed, hes huge about the size of a small-ish dog. His most noticeable features would be his striking mane, defining whiskers, emerald green eyes, bushy tail, and hypnotic stare(no seriously those who are not trained or used to his stare will be left mesmerized). However a picture would be much easier....
Spoiler:

Simon also wears a collar with a small golden emblem of Tobi's mark.
Personality: Simon is a very freindly clownish cat. Being formaly owned by the church Simon is very comfortable round most people and animals. Simon gets along well with Annabelle's dog but sometimes teases it before making a crafty gettaway after his little prank. Whenever there are people in the room he promptly takes it upon himself to make himself known. However true to being a cat Simon has his moments where he'd rummage around the manor or have a bit of independance every now and then. Not known for clumsiness one bit, Simon can make bit leaps for his size, exceedingly nimble, a master escape artist, very intelligent, and very quick on his paws.
Tobi being his primary caretake, Simon would often follow him Tobi about the manor curiously inspecting what his human is up to, or lay about near Tobi in his room. He'll even go into the courtyard watch a match of Tobi practice fencing(then take a nap halfway through). Unlike most other breeds, Maine Coons dont mind water. And although Simon doesnt mind people and is rarely shy, hes evasive of those he views have a dark or unnerving aura, seemingly akin to Tobi's abillity to bring out the goodness in people and sense emotions.
History: Simon(age 3) once belonged to the Church of west Regalo but after some finacial drawbacks and pitfalls they could no longer keep him. Tobi fetching the last of the swords from the blacksmith heard of this. He stopped by the church and inquired them of their cat. Tobi after approaching Simon and pettin him, Simon tooking an immediately shine to Tobi, he knew he had to take in this unfortunate feline. After hastily stopping back at the manor he promptly begs(with dignity) to Nova and Liberta about keeping Simon. After initial doubts and disagreements they agreed to buy Simon from the church as long as Tobi were to be the primary caretaker.

Simon then has stayed with the Famiglia for currently 2 years since present day and is revered among the Famiglia as a permenent part of the family.

If thats the case then your char is seemingly hopeless against the Moon and Sun who manipulate the mind and emotions.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I've a question, if you'd be so kind as to answer it. ^_^

Aerous is described as being able to learn physical fighting styles, but how far does this extend? Strategy on a military scale, for example, is definitely something physical. Would he be able to become the next Sun Tzu, with sufficient observation of battle?

Or, is it simply instinctual, and he doesn't truly understand it? That would mean his body is in the driver's seat when in combat, and somebody with knowledge of his arcana could manipulate this with enough imagination.

I hope you don't mind my curiosity~

I think coming up with strategies would be a bit too much for him, if he had that he'd definitely be way to overpowered and easily a leader of a branch. He's not really to good at organising things or making up plans but in a military scale scenario if he could watch it for a bit, with his power active he could figure out what the enemies troops are doing, but for this to work he'd have to have a birds eye view of the whole area or he wouldn't really be able to. So it's more if he can't personally experience it physically he can't really figure it out so it's limited in the way

Well I wouldn't say its not instinctual but he does understand it so people wouldn't be able to manipulate him in a fight or anything like that, unless people can change their future at a whim after he see's what they will do.. Though if they talk to him they could probably confuse him enough to manipulate him as long as it doesn't seem to outrageous to him - this would be much easier if he trusted the person as well.

I hope that kinda helps a bit though I'm not to sure if it did :S

Edit: At Courage:
He's not so weak minded that his mind can easily be manipulated or his emotions controlled with powers, they'd have a much easier time just talking to him about it, especially the family members. He knows himself well so he'd quickly pick up on someone trying to manipulate him with powers and just destroy them.

Last edited:

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
It would've been awkward but kind of funny if someone chose a card with a gender specification (High Priestess, Empress, etc.) but made their character the opposite of that gender. :P

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Lol at the PI tingy

Funny no one mentioned the Telujras(T-T mind my spelling) siblings in a while.

I just hope there isnt a bad guy that could control minds or something like that...

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
It would've been awkward but kind of funny if someone chose a card with a gender specification (High Priestess, Empress, etc.) but made their character the opposite of that gender. :P
Beck was originally (after the Star) going to be the Empress until I realised that too was taken. d: his secondary ability was gonna be to turn into a girl. <: which it is now but requires waaaay more concentration.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I feel like more people than I thought wanted The Empress as their card. Funny thing is I actually wanted The Tower because I felt as if it went well with the interrogation I had planned. Then I saw that someone was applying for it already so I deduced that The Empress could still fit my character mold. Aaand now The Tower is still available. I guess that's just how things work out!

Actually, I didn't even think about the opposite gender/card sign thing. I already had my character planned out in my head (and the card, but that soon changed). I wish I would've thought of that!

Hmm I have to say my favorite cards are, out of these main ones, The Fool and The High Priestess.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
@Retro Bug, we must speak pertaining to the relationship between Camellia and your character, seeing as they are both in the Intelligence Division...

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
@Retro Bug, we must speak pertaining to the relationship between Camellia and your character, seeing as they are both in the Intelligence Division...

Yes, I was getting ready to type up a post to see how our characters act toward each other. I feel like they could either be really close friends, bitter rivals or a mixture of both perhaps?

Camellia is blunt and Ari is blunt but in a very cruel way. She is flirty while Ari prefers to be teasingly seductive. Camellia has been apart of the (Intelligence) family for longer assuming she joined at the age of 17-19 yet Ari was made Head of Intelligence before her. That could be a source of resentment/jealousy (from Camellia's viewpoint) something that Ari always brings up with around her. Like, she's always referring to herself as The Head or The Leader or maybe Camellia outright doesn't care about positions. Since Camellia is the only Adept Intelligence PC she could be Ari's right hand lady whether or not their close friends or rivals.

The lack of responsibility that Camellia has will definitely irk Ari as she tries to put as work on everyone in her sector so that she doesn't have to do as much. Where Camellia likes to avoid confrontation Ari likes to encourage it and she loves stirring the pot until it spills over.

We have options. They can be lesbian lovers. I'm fine either way.

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Yes, I was getting ready to type up a post to see how our characters act toward each other. I feel like they could either be really close friends, bitter rivals or a mixture of both perhaps?

Camellia is blunt and Ari is blunt but in a very cruel way. She is flirty while Ari prefers to be teasingly seductive. Camellia has been apart of the (Intelligence) family for longer assuming she joined at the age of 17-19 yet Ari was made Head of Intelligence before her. That could be a source of resentment/jealousy (from Camellia's viewpoint) something that Ari always brings up with around her. Like, she's always referring to herself as The Head or The Leader or maybe Camellia outright doesn't care about positions. Since Camellia is the only Adept Intelligence PC she could be Ari's right hand lady whether or not their close friends or rivals.

The lack of responsibility that Camellia has will definitely irk Ari as she tries to put as work on everyone in her sector so that she doesn't have to do as much. Where Camellia likes to avoid confrontation Ari likes to encourage it and she loves stirring the pot until it spills over.

We have options. They can be lesbian lovers. I'm fine either way.

I could definitely see Ari getting frustrated with Camellia's lack of responsibility, but she doesn't really care about the position, so there wouldn't be any resentment there. I'm fine with Camellia being Ari's right-hand woman, it would be safe to say, as her right-hand woman, the two would be friends with each other. Ari could bring up the whole HoI thing around Camellia, with Camellia blowing it off and Ari getting angry about her blowing it off like it's nothing?

I would say Ari's sadistic approach would put Camellia of, but I could definitely see Camellia putting an almost creepily happy tone to it. The two would spend a fair bit of time together, not just as co-workers, but as friends too.

she will not tolerate those who disobey her.
Yeah, Ari and Camellia will have a very interesting good-bad relationship with each other. I could also see Camellia trying to cheer up Ari when she is in a sour mood; in an overly happy and positive way, either cheering her up, or making her even more angry.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Yay! Added a few sentences to fix it.

Well, the only other Alchemist will be Shawn if he finishes his sign-up. So unless your character is A. a scholar like him or B. besties with one of the de Telarius', then Beck probably doesn't talk to you much. Unless you want him to. He can have friends. :'D

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I could definitely see Ari getting frustrated with Camellia's lack of responsibility, but she doesn't really care about the position, so there wouldn't be any resentment there. I'm fine with Camellia being Ari's right-hand woman, it would be safe to say, as her right-hand woman, the two would be friends with each other. Ari could bring up the whole HoI thing around Camellia, with Camellia blowing it off and Ari getting angry about her blowing it off like it's nothing?

I like where this is going. Ari would get angrier and angrier each time Camellia blows it off. Trying to find new inventive ways to make it get under her skin even though it keeps failing each time. I also like them being friends rather than rivals seems only fitting especially Camellia being the the right-hand woman. Ari despite her hesitate to show care toward the other members openly puts her trust in Camellia and shows more than her "bad" side to her.

I would say Ari's sadistic approach would put Camellia off, but I could definitely see Camellia putting an almost creepily happy tone to it. The two would spend a fair bit of time together, not just as co-workers, but as friends too.

Yeah, Ari and Camellia will have a very interesting good-bad relationship with each other. I could also see Camellia trying to cheer up Ari when she is in a sour mood; in an overly happy and positive way, either cheering her up, or making her even more angry.

Aha, I can totally see Camellia spinning it to a happy tone, which is great. I also feel like Ari would try to get Camellia to play along with her sadistic ways, trying to encourage her. Ari definitely needs someone who can talk her down/out of her mood and Camellia seems great for that role.

As for everyone else Ari probably wants to have a little to do as possibly with them (but still secretly likes being around them). Unless she needs something from them then she'll put her femininity to the test and if that doesn't work she'll try and torture it out of them.

Alexander Grant is a different story since he's in her sector but she'd be tougher on him. She could care less that he's from the Grant family and insult him by acting like she doesn't even know who they are. Immediately Ari will put him to work using his Arcana Powers to make people forget that they just told important information. His Arcana Power is quite useful to her and he'll be subjected to a lot of verbal abuse if he doesn't get it right.

Last edited:
Back