• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

konman719

Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2011
when your making your person follow another person, how do you make both people go into a building? whenever i do it, they just walk on top of the door and dont go inside

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
how do i import people in my hack, my tools wont let me?
how can i put diamond/pearl pokemon in my gba hack?
Could you be more specific on importing people? Do you mean overworlds? Then just go to Advance Map and under events change the number of People Events. If you mean sprites go on unlz-GBA and just import an indexed sprite and Write to ROM. Also for D/P Pokemon you need to find your sprites, (you can Google them or go to the Spriter's Resource), and then index/resize them and insert them in a ROM with a tool such as unlz-GBA or Advance Sprite Editor. Here's a good tutorial you can read.

Amabane~*

Hard Boiled Shinigami
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2022
How I can make two different Pokémon share the same evolution? Like, make two different Pokémon, like "poke A" and "poke B" evolve to the same form, like "poke AB"?

I have seen this in a japanese FR hack, so it is possible.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
How I can make two different Pokémon share the same evolution? Like, make two different Pokémon, like "poke A" and "poke B" evolve to the same form, like "poke AB"?

I have seen this in a japanese FR hack, so it is possible.

Hmm... I wonder if you could with YAPE. Probably not, as you'd have tried. So 3 possibilities:

1. Either looking in the data with Hex, if YAPE doesn't do it, and seeing if changing the Hex is better than using YAPE, as who knows...

2. May require ASM/even more complicated hacking.

3. What is this Japanese hack? In order to say it can be done and already has, what was the hack, was it a video, and could it have been faked?

Years
Is there any way of removing the 1m sub-circuit problem for FireRed? I can't progress after the Elite Four because of this and it won't save after either. Plus I would like to know as I may have a go at making a hack if I ever get round to it.

Help needed

Hey everyone!
I'm starting a Pokemon Ruby ROM hack and I'm already having some problems. The first thing I needed to do was to make a new pokemon who would represent this hack. So basically, this hack has all the pokemon of the first three generations, plus one more. There are three things I need to ask.

1.) Is there a way to add a new entry in the pokedex? So there would be all the pokemon plus my new one? Or do I have to change a pokemon that already exists? If I have to change on, I will be using Deoxys, but if I could keep him and make a new entity for my pokemon, could someone show me how?

2.) I need a program that will let me completely change a trainers pokemon and moveset. PET worked perfectly EXCEPT the fact that it wouldn't let me change the moves of the trainer's pokemon.
I found one a long time ago called advance trainer I think? It was perfect but I never could find it again . . .

3.) I also need a program that will let me adjust Pokemon mini sprites animations. (the ones you see when you press start then hit POKEMON)
I have tried a few programs like iconED but the never worked.

if you can help me with one or more of these problems that would be great. =) also, I am sure I will have more questions about future things i try to do, and i will post them on this thread. if anyone would like to work with me on this project outside of this thread send me a PM. help is greatly appreciated.

PS sorry if i do anything to offend anyone on here. I am a complete noob when it comes to forums and im not even quite sure how they work.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Hey everyone!
I'm starting a Pokemon Ruby ROM hack and I'm already having some problems. The first thing I needed to do was to make a new pokemon who would represent this hack. So basically, this hack has all the pokemon of the first three generations, plus one more. There are three things I need to ask.

1.) Is there a way to add a new entry in the pokedex? So there would be all the pokemon plus my new one? Or do I have to change a pokemon that already exists? If I have to change on, I will be using Deoxys, but if I could keep him and make a new entity for my pokemon, could someone show me how?

2.) I need a program that will let me completely change a trainers pokemon and moveset. PET worked perfectly EXCEPT the fact that it wouldn't let me change the moves of the trainer's pokemon.
I found one a long time ago called advance trainer I think? It was perfect but I never could find it again . . .

3.) I also need a program that will let me adjust Pokemon mini sprites animations. (the ones you see when you press start then hit POKEMON)
I have tried a few programs like iconED but the never worked.

if you can help me with one or more of these problems that would be great. =) also, I am sure I will have more questions about future things i try to do, and i will post them on this thread. if anyone would like to work with me on this project outside of this thread send me a PM. help is greatly appreciated.

PS sorry if i do anything to offend anyone on here. I am a complete noob when it comes to forums and im not even quite sure how they work.
To answer question 1, I think there are a couple free spaces between Johto and Hoenn... I'm not quite sure, but I know that there are free spaces. Just a couple, though. I found out by YAPE, though you'll need to browse through Advance Pokemon Sprite Editor to replace the sprites. I know it's in FireRed, but you can check out Ruby. ;) If you can't find the extra spaces, I'm afraid you'll have to replace some other Pokemon.

To answer question 2, here is where you can find Advance Trainer, one of Hackmew's tools to edit trainer's Pokemon/movesets.

To answer question 3, just find your icons and use Advance Pokemon Icon Editor by Wichu. =) Though you need .Net Framework installed to use this tool and the other Advance tools made by the creator. Good luck on your hack! =)

Last edited:
Thanks

Thank you so much for your help and your links! I can't stand it when people say use this program then don't tell you how to get it >=(
Anyway . . . the programs you gave me work perfectly, now my only problem is using YAPE to create a new POKEMON using the ????? between Johto and Generation 3 (forgot the name of that region lol). First of all, YAPE won't let me put any pokedex information in for the new POKEMON, and the other problem is when i put my front and back pics of the pokemon in, all i could see when i tested it was a white shape. no color at all. this i think i can fix with a bit of poking around, but if anyone knows how to fix the picture problem it would save me some time. =) but most important to me right now is putting pokedex data in for this new pokemon.

EDIT: I've decided that my storyline will require two new Pokemon and have also decided to replace Jirachi and Deoxys. Possibly more, depending on how my story changes. So my previous question can be disregarded and instead please answer me this:
Is there a program that will allow me to edit the attacks? Like change the effects, accuracy, and power and type and name and all that good stuff? I heard of something called Advance Attack but, once again, I cannot, for the life of me, find it. Please send me a link. I have just completed the first revision of my hack and if anyone wants to try it out I will be glad to upload it, but obviously theres no point to try it now since I've only made basic changes that aren't even crucial to the game. For you PSP owners out there, it will be ported to the PSP via GBA emulator, complete with a custom EBOOT and even some extras that will be PSP exclusive lolz. Anyway . . . send me a link for advance attack or something similar.

Last edited:

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years
Hey, my english isn't very good, so I am bit lost. My ask:

Where could I to start learning ASM?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
EDIT: Is there a program that will allow me to edit the attacks? Like change the effects, accuracy, and power and type and name and all that good stuff?

Here's a link to what you are looking for. ;)

Just remember that I can't edit the animation. =/

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Hey, my english isn't very good, so I am bit lost. My ask:

Where could I to start learning ASM?

Adding on to Destiny Demon's post, you should definitely check out JPAN's ASM document and HackMew's Knowledge. JPAN's tutorial is helpful for understanding the most commonly used opcodes in the THUMB instruction set while HackMew's tutorials (yes plural; the second one is on the third page) are more specific to Pokémon and also teach you how to apply knowledge of the commands to actually hacking a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back