• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
How'd you make this hack, anyway?

Other than that, I love it. I can't say much more, really.

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
Cool!!! Colors!!
I tought you were going to quit using colors to pokemon Red hacking..?

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
Years
Being honest, I really haven't expected to have brown in real color!^^ Now that'd be a whole new brown experience since I've played brown in brown (I chose brown palletes because I couldn't get any color, only Black and White but I fixed it!^^) , well, I'm lookin' forward to it and maybe I'm gonna play Brown again after I'm through RijonAdventures!^^

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2023
Let me just say this, its a good hack, but it sure is hard expecaly in the beginning of the game.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2014
Okay.

So, this may be a really dumb question. But, I've tried everything from different ROMS to Google and nothing has worked so far.

Everytime I go into Merson City Pokemon Center, the game freezes up. And since half my party has fainted by this point, I can't just skip it altogether. This has happened with the old and new version, so I'm assuming it's a ROM problem because no one has mentioned anything about it.

But, I've downloaded about 3-4 different ones and I still have the same problem so I'm kind of at my wits end here. Suggestions?

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2023
1. Can You tell me which of the Legends are able to catch in Brown? (and where)
2. Do You know is this available to enable colors on MeBoy 2.2 (java emu for mobiles such as SE)? Brown is Black-White where Yellow was coloured.

Last edited:

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
Years
1. Can You tell me which of the Legends are able to catch in Brown? (and where)
2. Do You know is this available to enable colors on MeBoy 2.2 (java emu for mobiles such as SE)? Brown is Black-White where Yellow was coloured.

1.Question
Spoiler:

2.Question:

Hmm... I guess you should try changing the ending from .gb into .sgb!^^ If that doesn't work then I don't know what to do since Yellow uses GBC palletes and that'd be the reason why it has color but Brown (which uses GB palletes) doesn't!^^

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Just finished this rom hack today. It was absolutely enthralling, I played it in one sitting all the way to the end! I can't wait until Naljo (sorry if I butchered that)!

I think my final team was:
Electivire - 63
Vaporeon - 63
Houndoom - 53
Golem - 58
Venusaur - 55
Mew - 56 (hm slave)

I really can't say how enjoyable that hack was, thank you!

Slapagnome

I is a sad kitteh D:
Years
I just finish the hole game + the new dungeon, my team is listed here the whole game
(this is not a lie and kinda sad)

Oddish level 13(Hm Cut Slave)(Revive Slave)
Joe(that chansey you get from trade) Level 11(Revive Slave)
Spearow Level 20(Revive Slave)
Kingler Level 31(Hm Surf Slave)(Revive Slave)
Porygon Level 15(Revive Slave)
Charizard Level 100

I beat this whole game with 1 basic pokemon I use to pwn thru this game, which is Charizard, the other pokemon on my team where HM slave or a Revive Slave, so if my Charizard died, I would switch to one of them and then Revive him. His move set right now is

Flamethrower
Fissure
Fire Blast
Wing Attack

I did not cheat or anything and matter of fact, only have 10 pokemon total that the Pokedex saids I caught =/ Overall, good game, I got stuck a few times, but I figure out how to get thru it. But me finishing this game with only 1 pokemon was.... well, sad. My next highest was a Lugia at level 40 I got from the new dungeon. Keep up the good work Kool.

E3DaMeX

I've done that with almost every Pokemon game I've played as well. But saying that it's sad that you could do that is pretty dumb since you would still have to carry a lot of revives and potions to win. xD

Slapagnome

I is a sad kitteh D:
Years
My bag was mostly full of repel and for revives, I maybe carry 10 at a time for when I get faced with something that can most likely 1 shot my charizard, and the reason I said it was sad was not because I couldn't do that with any other pokemon game, it was sad because I hoped playing it would be harder ): but still nice game all together. (btw, I did carry alot of potions, but then again, I spead thru the game, so going and stopping at P.C.s was not my thing, I only did that when I needed to get my PP back, then again, I carried crap to restore that anyways.)

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
PATCH THIS TO A CLEAN RED ROM. DO NOT PATCH IT TO OLDER VERSIONS OF BROWN!
PATCH THIS TO POKEMON RED ROM WHICH HAS (U) IN THE NAME, NOT (UE) OR (J) OR ANYTHING ELSE!

I have a Rom file that just says Pokemon Red.gb. Would this file work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back