• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2022
Forever Awesome

Dude after taking 3 whole days to read All of the replies
Your game can be desribed in one simple word

WOW
I rate your out of five stars I give you 500!

Keep up the amazing progress, And once again
WOW

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I can't wait for this game to come out, I love the Wichu, Pokemon, kinda reminds me of my favorite pokemon, Pikachu

weavile96

Just Your Neighborhood Creeper
Years
This is one of my favorite games on here. Keep up the good work. I also really like the cities and routes.

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2009
I'm wondering, if this hasn't already been asked in this thread but will there be gym battles? if so how many?

And could you tell me how many Pokemon will be in the game?
And does each Pokemon have it's own unique stats just not stats based off of preexisting Pokemon?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I'm wondering, if this hasn't already been asked in this thread but will there be gym battles? if so how many?

And could you tell me how many Pokemon will be in the game?
And does each Pokemon have it's own unique stats just not stats based off of preexisting Pokemon?

The region of Shika, like the official regions, will have 8 Gyms, and an Elite 4.

There will probably be around 100 new Pokémon; however, this number may change. I am thinking about releasing expansions with a few new Pokémon in them after I finish the main game.
All new Pokémon will have unique stats, as they are being made from scratch, not just by editing similar existing Pokémon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Is the first gym a Rock-type Gym, like on the other official regions(except Johto)?
Nope, I'm going to shake it up a bit :P
There was a screen of the outside of the Gym somewhere in the thread; good luck finding it, though...
is the Bushby supposed to be the baby form of Aipom
Yes, that's correct.

Anyway, a small update. I've been doing a lot of mapping and eventing recently, as well as a few bug-fixes in my scripts. I've also rewritten the trainer compiler so I have more control over trainers' Pokémon. Finally, I've rearranged some of the route names; not much has changed out of what I have revealed, other than that Route 57 is now known as Route 58. I'm going to update that now.
EDIT: First post updated; I also added a neat visual effect ;)
EDIT2: If you're using IE6 or below, then it won't look as neat, since it doesn't support transparency. Either upgrade to IE7, or switch to a better browser, such as Opera or Firefox.
EDIT3: In Firefox, it may mess up a bit while it's scrolling. Not much I can do about that...

Last edited:

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
wow xD

That's pretty neat there, Wichu ;3 Keep it safe. I can't wait to see more screens of Amethyst, or atleast more text updates >o< Keep us updated~!

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2022
Hwy Wichu! I have not seen anyone make a pokemon game as
good as you!

And that Fatablos if I spelled it right, I waana play this game just to catch
that and Wichu!

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2009
Oh ok, so if im understanding you correctly, the fakemon you introduce to this game won't be the only pokemon available, but also normal pokemon?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Wichu you rock. Also wouldnt that mean you edited the page a bit or *cough* hack it?
It's just a bit of CSS. I think I saw something similar in a hack's thread a while back, where there was a navigation bar on the left of the screen.
Oh ok, so if im understanding you correctly, the fakemon you introduce to this game won't be the only pokemon available, but also normal pokemon?
Yeah, there will be normal Pokémon too.
11.I mean that the game file might get too big if you put too many new pokemon with the old ones, and sinnoh ones.
Each Pokémon uses around 20 KB, so even adding 100 would only increase the filesize by 2 megabytes. I'm sure most internet connections could handle that; even dialup would only take a few minutes longer.
Also, in each release, I won't include the Pokémon unavailable in that version of the game, cutting the filesize down further.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Oh so wait basically you will have one version and keep on sending packs of data to us to expand the game? Very nice thought and cuts size down.

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2011
Thats about what I was considering doing with my project...you just send whatever is new, as well as the updated files with new info, and it should expand on the project. I think there even is a patch building program for RMXP games that allows you to do it easily.

Good stuff.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I'm not sure about patching; I meant that the releases will contain all the Pokémon obtainable so far. I don't think it's possible to use patches with RMXP's encrypted archives, as only one can be loaded at a time.
I could use a patch system for sidequests, but then there's the chance that someone could find out how it works and abuse it.

EDIT: Teaser screenshot:
Screenshot201.png

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

your changing the overworld style :D
She looks awesome! I can't wait to see some more of this new style :)

PokemonPlatnum

nomnomnom.
Years
I'm not sure about patching; I meant that the releases will contain all the Pokémon obtainable so far. I don't think it's possible to use patches with RMXP's encrypted archives, as only one can be loaded at a time.
I could use a patch system for sidequests, but then there's the chance that someone could find out how it works and abuse it.

EDIT: Teaser screenshot:
Screenshot201.png
Well done Wichu!
I love the style, it matches the tilesets exactly.
So I hope to see more of this amazing fangame soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back