• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Was Brycen confirmed as a "Gym Leader" yet? Cause we know he is involved in the PokeWood but that doesn't necessarily mean he is a gym leader currently even though he is still present. Not to say he is not either.
I still think that since he was mentioned and specifically not called a gym leader that means he isn't one.

I'm glad we're having some returning gym leaders though. It makes the most sense story-wise for some of them to stick around and some of them to change.

blue

gucci
Years
In the anime trailer for B2W2 Elesa appeared as an Electric type gym leader with brunette hair next to her Zebstrika, I wonder does this mean she is still a leader? After all she was quite difficult and Nibasa City is still part of the storyline, I'd like to see how she'd look in game with darker hair.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I love Elesa's new look so much! Like, I honestly didn't like a thing about her in Black and White but now she looks so cool! With her being a model you can only expect her to color her hair and whatnot.

I'm still rooting for Brycen to be a Gym Leader still, and then him making movies will just be a hobby or something.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
You know what's disappointing? The fact that from the looks of it, she has exactly the same team. :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
You know what's disappointing? The fact that from the looks of it, she has exactly the same team. :(

...-le sigh-
Well, at least her style has improved.
But come on girl! Get better Pokemon! Get an Eelektross! Snatch up a Galvantula! Makes yourself a LITTLE more intimidating! Gosh. Well, if any other Leaders return I really hope their team improved somewhat.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Glad that Elesa is returning as a gym leader. I just want Skyla to return and then im good!

Years
...-le sigh-
Well, at least her style has improved.
But come on girl! Get better Pokemon! Get an Eelektross! Snatch up a Galvantula! Makes yourself a LITTLE more intimidating! Gosh. Well, if any other Leaders return I really hope their team improved somewhat.

Since when did Gym Leaders needs to be intimidating? Sure, you look at her Pokemon and think "BAH THIS IS NOTHING", but then that's when she starts spamming Volt Switch, which could very easily mess you up.

blue

gucci
Years
Just because Brycen has made an appearence at Pokéwood doesn't indicate that he still remains as Gym Leader, if anything it could go against that as he replaced his Gym status to become a Judge at Pokéwood or whatever the deal is with that. That means either a leader from BW takes his place or again we get a new one.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Since when did Gym Leaders needs to be intimidating? Sure, you look at her Pokemon and think "BAH THIS IS NOTHING", but then that's when she starts spamming Volt Switch, which could very easily mess you up.
It is so easy to bypass Volt Switch, especially if we can find a Wooper before then. Then Volt Switch is just useless. Plus it never even gave me a huge problem, but that's just me. I think intimidation is good, because they're supposed to prepare you for the Elite Four and they need to be challenging. Why should Gym Leaders be so easy all of the time?

@Forever - I'm just glad that in the trailer, they showed one Emolga and not two. So there's a slight chance she'll have something in replace of that, and GameFreak just doesn't want to show it yet.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
^ Precisely. Want to beat Clay? Grab any generic Grass type and hit him with a Vine Whip. Skyla? Use a Volt Switch. Drayden/Iris? Ice Beam the heck out of them with a Vanillish.
I would just like the new Gym Leaders to be somewhat of a challenge. I mean, that's what they're SUPPOSED to be. An intimidating Gym Leader is something that everyone should feel when going up against one! D: I mean they're ACES at what they do, not novices. So hopefully, whether or not they're low leveled, the new Gym Leaders are at least tough for the spot they are at.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Looks like Artie is the third Gym Leader. The third badge place looks like it would fit the Insect Badge:

3129r84.png

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Isn't the Insect Badge a little narrower at the bottom?

Insect_Badge.png

That one in the image looks more evenly oval shaped. New badge/gym leader?

Yeah, I don't think it's going to be the Insect Badge. I mean, sure there could be a way to get to Castelia early via boat, but I just don't feel that it's going to be the third Gym again, if at all. The second Badge has to be Homika's. Look at it! It reminds me of nothing BUT Poison!

Korsola

エレクトロニック
Years
I'm actually shocked, if that is Elesa (and I think she is) then she's the first one in Pokemon history to dye her hair...though I like it better the way it is now, it looks cute :3
Yes, Brycen's back. Now we just need an fire gym leader so we can have Electric, Ice and Fire ;)

I agree, she does looks cute! She seems to be a lot more mature and more tough than her previous look which makes me like her even more than I did before. It was such a shock seeing the change in the trailer lol.

I imagine her being one of the later gym leaders (7th or 8th) because of the majestic stage that she's on and the increase of fans.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I agree, she does looks cute! She seems to be a lot more mature and more tough than her previous look which makes me like her even more than I did before. It was such a shock seeing the change in the trailer lol.

I imagine her being one of the later gym leaders (7th or 8th) because of the majestic stage that she's on and the increase of fans.

Someone said she is still Nimbasa's Gym Leader. It seems to go in the New Starter City, new town with Cheren's gym, new port City, Castella City, Nimbasa. From there I'm guessing you can actually choose which way you wanna go other wise thanks to the map we may be going in same city order.

I haven't seen anything to say differently yet.

blue

gucci
Years
3129r84.png

So you receive the badge outside? either that or that's how the interior of the Gym looks.
Also I can't really figure out how the second badge looks like, maybe a purple poisonous tail?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I still think that since he was mentioned and specifically not called a gym leader that means he isn't one.

I'm glad we're having some returning gym leaders though. It makes the most sense story-wise for some of them to stick around and some of them to change.
That's what I was feeling like they were trying to indicate. Yeah and especially since two years isn't really that much.

In the anime trailer for B2W2 Elesa appeared as an Electric type gym leader with brunette hair next to her Zebstrika, I wonder does this mean she is still a leader? After all she was quite difficult and Nibasa City is still part of the storyline, I'd like to see how she'd look in game with darker hair.
I would assume so since the Bolt Badge was in the background when she was on the stage.

I love Elesa's new look so much! Like, I honestly didn't like a thing about her in Black and White but now she looks so cool! With her being a model you can only expect her to color her hair and whatnot.

I'm still rooting for Brycen to be a Gym Leader still, and then him making movies will just be a hobby or something.
Fantina took part in Contests and doubled as a Gym Leader so I don't see why Brycen couldn't do the same. Although the contest area was located in Hearthome... Then again Giovanni was a Gym Leader and the Head of Team Rocket so he balanced his position with his syndicate.

Looks like Artie is the third Gym Leader. The third badge place looks like it would fit the Insect Badge:

3129r84.png
Eh doesn't look like Burgh badge too me like Scarf said.

I get the feeling she will be more around the line of 5th or 6th rather then that late. She was also shown on a stage with fans cheering for her earlier in the Anime series when Ash faced her, so I dunno if that is much of an indicator. And her Gym was already pretty amazing as it was a theme park theme.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
3129r84.png

So you receive the badge outside? either that or that's how the interior of the Gym looks.
Also I can't really figure out how the second badge looks like, maybe a purple poisonous tail?
To me it look like it might be a stack of Koffing over each other with one on top with a giant X...
I think Elesa will be around 5,6, or 7th if she does keep her spot as gym leader (I'm hoping she does).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
@Kenshin: Well that's true. Who knows, he may have closed his gym for a wee bit and doesn't come back until you see him at Pokewood. Like a little side story kind of deal. Maybe he fails and returns home?

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
The top of Homika's badge looks like a skull-and-crossbones. Maybe the round things are bubbles or something.

Hoping that burgh leaves. HE WAS BORINGGGGG and a honey addict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back