• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

rapid whalelord

<--She's a ribbon queen...38!
Years
my goal is palkia right now but if it takes to long i'll just look for one with an hasty nature and get regigigas for my regi set or even giratina.

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
I'm taking a little break from chaining for shinies because it just makes me sooo angry all the time ><
I'm finally going out to catch a ditto and start some breeding I'm super excited....imagine hatching a shiny awww how cute!

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
I'm taking a minor break as well. I need Will-O-Wisp for my Mismagius Orko so I'm having to play through Battle Tower. First time I've actually went through this far because I simply didn't care. I'm using this:

Staraptor
Bronzong
Roserade

I had no idea what to pick for my 3rd Pokemon, and it shows. I've hardly had to use her. Staraptor has swept just about everything so far but now I'm using Bronzong more; weird how a wall is sweeping stuff!

I still need a lot more BP but I should be ok. Later I'll have to import a Leftovers from FR, and then my Mismagius will be complete.

I think, however, I'll train another one. I've been debating with myself on something.... My two physical Pokemon are kinda handicapped. Metagross has to have Ninjask, and with Tyranitar he brings Sandstorm, which most of my team roster as of late could do without that.
But aside from Staraptor, I don't have another Physical Pokemon, so I thought I'd look one up.

I didn't have to look far.

In fact, I already had it.

So, I'll probably train Ferrigno the ferocious Machamp next. Kinda wish I had named it He-Man now though to go with Orko. LOL!!!

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
well i didnt know SRing was kind of boring lol. First time actually sticking with Sring and im not going give up til i get a shiny. so far ive only did 50sr but i think about every day i will do about 100. or should i be more?

@DDD if you need anyone to practis your team on give me a pm ^^.

Last edited:

rapid whalelord

<--She's a ribbon queen...38!
Years
i know how you feel i've given up shiny palkia i did about 1786 approx. i fell like seeing something new other than the pokemon i'm SRing 4 to the point i'll feel sick even.but i shall not give in giratina and or regigagas will be mine.

The Graceful Assassin

Dispose Of The Betrayer....
Years
i know how you feel i've given up shiny palkia i did about 1786 approx. i fell like seeing something new other than the pokemon i'm SRing 4 to the point i'll feel sick even.but i shall not give in giratina and or regigagas will be mine.
hey you want to race for giratina? i too have given up on palkia but im not doing the same for giratina i really like the silver.

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
Personally i do 500 resets a day, and i know for a fact that some people do more.

Soft resetting for a pokemon can be boring, but you can do so much more while you're doing it, watching tv, talking to your friends etc etc, thats how i found mine.
Regigigas:Talking to friends
Rayquaza:Talking to my aunt and my sister
Torchic:watching the simpsons while talking to my brother
Regirock:Talking to my friend again
Registeel:Watching tv

just remember to have the sound up when your doing it and you should be fine, rapid whaleord you shouldn't have given up on palkia after only 1786 resets, if you had to take a break you should have just saved the game and not played it for a while, palkia is too much of a kickass shiny to give up on.

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
Personally i do 500 resets a day, and i know for a fact that some people do more.

Soft resetting for a pokemon can be boring, but you can do so much more while you're doing it, watching tv, talking to your friends etc etc, thats how i found mine.
Regigigas:Talking to friends
Rayquaza:Talking to my aunt and my sister
Torchic:watching the simpsons while talking to my brother
Regirock:Talking to my friend again
Registeel:Watching tv
just remember to have the sound up when your doing it and you should be fine, rapid whaleord you shouldn't have given up on palkia after only 1786 resets, if you had to take a break you should have just saved the game and not played it for a while, palkia is too much of a kickass shiny to give up on.

wouldnt that be hard to keep track of the numbers if you watch tv? well im sring atm and im at 60 ^^

Years
wouldnt that be hard to keep track of the numbers if you watch tv? well im sring atm and im at 60 ^^

Numbers aren't that important. I havent done any more for uxie. This may be my last post for a week, hopefully I run into another access point. I'll MOST LIKELY have some in about a week and a half to two weeks. Wish me ALL OF YOUR LUCK FOR UXIE!!! Hopefully I'll get a signal...

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years

No, i just have a small writing pad and a pen on the arm of the chair, and i look down for a second to check if it's shiny or not, and if it isn't i add a tally, it's really easier than you think trust me ;)

Thats how i got all of my soft reset shinies, it stops you from getting bored.

Years
No, i just have a small writing pad and a pen on the arm of the chair, and i look down for a second to check if it's shiny or not, and if it isn't i add a tally, it's really easier than you think trust me ;)

Thats how i got all of my soft reset shinies, it stops you from getting bored.

Well, I just give up on that because I'd rather talk or something while SRing. BTW, how did u get that shiny card? I really want one for myself.

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
Well, I just give up on that because I'd rather talk or something while SRing. BTW, how did u get that shiny card? I really want one for myself.

I made it myself, and i do talk to people while soft restting, if i'm not watching tv while soft resetting i talk to my friends and family, and i have the pad on the arm of the chair while i'm sring, it's easily possible to do both.

Tabatha

Years

I know exactly how you feel about this one....I did SR for a shiny dialga for weeks I was at at least 5000 (I stopped counting after 1000) I literally spent 8-10 hours a day resetting.....Of course I did other things like watch tv and talk to people but it just got soooo bad to the point where I couldn't sleep because the cry of dialga was running through my head and the music that was playing there haunted my dreams I just had to stop and do something else see other pokemon....It might not have been so bad if I had pearl as well so I could switch it up....but yeah it was awful.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Nice freaking huge sig shinyhunter011.... >.>'

Guess what? I beat Tycoon dude, so I got 20 points! All I have to do is crush 7 more trainers and I'll have 32 points, enough for W-O-W TM.

Then I'm gonna play my PSP and go to sleep.

Tabatha

Years
Nice freaking huge sig shinyhunter011.... >.>'

Guess what? I beat Tycoon dude, so I got 20 points! All I have to do is crush 7 more trainers and I'll have 32 points, enough for W-O-W TM.

Then I'm gonna play my PSP and go to sleep.

Gratz!!!!!!!!

I finally caught my ditto.... I ended the night with 13 charmander eggs and 16 eevee eggs and now I'm just going to hatch a bunch of them! I know the chances of hatching a shiny are really really low just like finding one without the radar but I know one day I'll hatch one and untill then I'll just have a bunch of pokemon to trade =)....I tried my empoleon with the ditto but they didn't get along so I guess I'll have to catch a few more dittos before I breed some of my other pokemon....

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I have tried to do other things while SRing but I always get to turn it of if I'm watching tv or talking. Also the noise from the tv normally distracts me. I have tried using head phones but on my GBA Sp I don't have headphones for it so I can't have the sound on or I will get moaned at so I am always looking at the screen.

Nothing new from me at the minute.

Years
What do you mean you made it? Did you have some sort of table and input the shiny sprites? Or is there a card-making site with that many slots? Update on Uxie: Only about 100 more resets done since last post. I NEED IT TO SHINE! JUST PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY AND SHINE! Nice sig SH

Last edited:

Tabatha

Years
Wow, Shinyhunter. Giant sig. o_o

Sorry for not being on. Busy and all with life, but I managed to get a box of shiny charmanders hatched, one modest with awesome IV's.

I'm going to try radaring later. Wish me luck!

You hatched a whole box of shiny charmanders!!!!!! wow you are soooooooooo lucky! I'm hatching charmanders too this really gives me hope on getting shinies....I have a trade lined up to get a bulbasaur and squirtle so soon I'll be breeding for shiny ones of those too as well as the eevee project I have running

Back