• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years
We have 2 TV's working with a cable output. One in the living room, and one in the basement. There's 2 TV's unplugged downstairs, although one got soaked from the rains after Irene. There's a final TV in my room, that I can only play my XBOX on, as there is no cable wire connecting to my TV.

My dad said something about removing all our old TV's...but they're big and clunky.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 2, 2024
All the computers in my house are HDTVs with the exception of one CRT TV that is used in a room.

Also, I'm annoyed when trying to play older video games on an HDTV :/

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
All the computers in my house are HDTVs with the exception of one CRT TV that is used in a room.

When your TV doesn't upscale things well, things go horribly.

On the other hand, my PC's graphics card upscales things well enough to make sub-1080p content tolerable. Actually, more like, pretty good. Same goes with my 3DS and DS games.

Years

I finally was able to convince my dad to ditch our old desktop after 7 years for a new one. Our new one has all that HDTV stuff in it. XD

It was the oldest, slowest, most horrible computer you could imagine. Took like 5 mins to load a webbrowser, for instance.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years
Our old computer had dial-up service, and that was a huge pain in the butt. Calls couldn't come in or out when someone was online. Thank goodness we got Broadband after getting our new computer, because it's so much faster, and calls can come in and out.

I think we had our old computer for about 8 years until water got spilled into the keyboard accidentally, we still had Windows 98. Windows 98 is so ancient...

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
I miss dial up, I mean I used to get so much reading done whilst pages were loading up.

Also new edition...Only took me 13 pages to notice.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
People still have landlines? xD We got rid of ours years and years ago, since you can use a cellphone in a house, lol.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
People still have landlines? xD We got rid of ours years and years ago, since you can use a cellphone in a house, lol.
Landlines where I live are cheaper when a family with 4 members or more uses a single dialnum, than cells. I use a cell, too, but that's because I live by myself most of the time.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I don't have a cellphone, so right now I'm kind of glad that we have our home phone. =3= it's also a way for my mom to call the house without picking one of us to call on.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I think it might have went from football -> TV -> phones -> landlines. or something. xD;

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Well I talked about phones because of dial-up xD

But football! Notre Dame is playing! Notre Dame is...losing...;____;

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years
Notre Dame is...overrated.

Always has been, always will. I don't know why ESPN and NBC are so in love with the Irish, they haven't done anything impressive in years. Maybe even since Lou Holtz retired from Notre Dame.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
YOU'LL NEVER GET MY NOTRE DAME EMBLEM ;____;

Well NBC has a contract with Notre Dame to play every game, so there is that, lol. But we're winning now! So there! It's so ironic...we're so good at pretty much every sport except for the one we're known for. :( We'd be really good if we didn't throw the ball to the other team so much!!

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years
But, the main thing really crippling Notre Dame is they can't close out games (@ Michigan this year), or they make boneheaded decisions costing them wins (vs. Tulsa last year.)

That's what is costing Notre Dame, they seem to always make the same mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back