• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Odyssey: A New Beginning [T] [Best Veteran 4Q '12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
The Dark Unknowing
"I demand an answer Varren!"

Varren looked up at Erratt, who was standing over him. Erratt was considerably larger than Varren, and most would have been quite intimidated by the situation. But Varren wore that same wicked smile he always wore. Staring up at Erratt, he began to speak. "I'm just showing Sovereign his heritage, just as you have."

" What is that supposed to mean? I've taught him about his proud bloodline of powerful dragons! What you just did-"

"What I just did, my dear Chronos, is shown him the other half of his power." Varren stood up, and despite his stature, he seemed to be standing on even ground with the dragon. "You've taught him so much about his dragon blood. But what about the lurking darkness in his soul...?"

Thieve's Forest
Sovereign looked everywhere, but it was nowhere to be seen. He searched and searched, but the scorching flames not only made things difficult because of the heat, but also the constantly shifting light that came with it.

Then, a glimmer. A light flash that only just barely caught his eye. As he approached its source, a feeling of pride welled up inside.

He came walking out of the forest, holding the dead body of the King of Thieves by the neck. He dragged it as he approached the other Sentinels. "Another victory for the Silver Tribe," he said as he held up the corpse with a grin on his face. He threw the body on the ground. "Should we make an example of him? Tie up his body outside the forest? A sign of what will happen if you cross the Silver Tribe?" Sovereign thought for a moment. "And maybe just scare the masses a little."

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Plains of Valkaria

Zane walked in the front of the Gold Tribe group. He didn't speak to the others at first. He had a lot on his mind he wanted to ponder over. Things kept flooding in, and he wasn't sure what to make of them. So much had happened since four Gold Tribe members left Liberty Town. But besides that, so much more was piled up in the last week. Zane wasn't sure what to make of all of it. He understood what he was supposed to do, but no matter how clear certain things became, it still left questions about the new answers. The crystals have been revealed, but now so many questions came up about its origins, and the extent of its power. The Silver Crystal was pretty straight forward. It acted as a sealing for whatever this 'Dark God' was. The original Pokemon of Valkaria fought him, and they used the power to seal him. But it still raised the question: where did they find the power to create something like this in the first place? Where did it come from? The Gold Crystal was a bit more complex to Zane. From what he read, its main function upon creation was to secure the Silver Crystal should anything happen. But it had many additional function as well.

He recalled in the back of his mind at the words he read in the catacombs. The Gold Crystal had inside it the sealed memories of all who encountered it, including the original Gold Tribe members of ancient times. It had the ability to repel the mind control affect of the Silver Crystal. It had the capability to absorb large amounts of energy inside of it, but also to release energy into other objects as well. Zane pondered on that last ability for a moment. He looked back at the old Alakazam in the back of the group, thinking on why an ability like that should exist. The Alakazam caught his eye, and smiled at Zane, who quickly turned back forward and continued walking. Before anymore could be thought on this, TrueStriker came from the side of him an spoke quietly.

"What would you say the chances are that this trip is free of...incidents?"

Zane looked forward, the peaks of the Korhal Mountains stretched in front of him on one side, and the vast sea of smoke coming from the Thieves Forest on the other. There was certainly a situation going on there. Zane was sure the Silver Tribe was involved in some way. The question was, would they be able to pass without drawing attention? Without any, as TrueStriker put it, incidents?

"Well, we're a relatively small group, but I suppose that remains to be see-"

Zane stopped himself mid-sentence, also stopping in his tracks as he repeated in his mind Hanso's words, and then aloud to himself. "...Incidents." He muttered under his breath.

"That was it!" He said aloud. "That was the reason the original Gold Tribe made the Gold Crystal's power able to be released into other objects!". Zane concluded Zane smiled and proceeded to walk forward, proud of himself for solving one riddle, but still accepting that there would be many more abound. He turned back to Hanso, trying to justify why he just did what he did.

"I just figured something about the Gold Crystal. You remember how one of the scrolls said something about energy transfer with the Gold Crystal? I figure out why it would do that. Just in case anything were ever to happen to the Gold Crystal, the power would remain in something else. If there were any incidents, it would act as a failsafe."

Sword and Shield, who overheard Zane and TrueStriker, spoke up from behind. "I guess that's good to know. If ever anything were to happen to it, we could try and transfer that power. Except...we probably don't know how..."

"We don't." Zane answered still with a smile. He then gestured to the Alakazam. "He does." The Alakazam hung in the back of the group, looking at something that supposedly buzzed near his head, trying to concentrate on it to clasp it with his hands. Zane shrugged. "Just something useful to know, I guess. We outta be prepared."

He turned back to Hanso again, remember his original question. "Either way, I think we'll be alright. If we do run into something, we are more than capable of handling it. I mean, it's not like anyone is actually expected a group of Gold Tribe across this path, right? So the most we'll likely run into is patrols." Zane gave Hanso a smile, proceeding to walk due north-east.

The Gold Tribe traveled for a while. Thus far, nothing interrupted their journey during the first leg of it, as they passed through the narrow pass between the Korhal Mountains and the Thieves Forest. Throughout that part of their journey, Zane constantly looked towards the forest, expecting something to happen. The smoke came to Zane as an indication of armies or war or battle just around the corner, and they were about to step right into it. But so far, nothing came.

They had been traveling for a while now, until finally they came upon the leg of the journey that was familiar to most of them. Zane looked around the pass. Even as night quickly approach, he recognized it immediately. He looked towards the mountains above, and the forest to the side, noticing the leaves and trees positions much as they were before. Char from flames and holes in the ground were still noticeable.

Earlier that week, this was where the ambush took place. This was where Dark Lightning fell.

Zane looked up into the sky. Darkness covered it, expanding across the horizon and engulfing it. Zane hesitated. As much as he'd like to continue on, it wasn't the best idea to travel by dark. Ancients patrol more fiercely. Besides, they needed to rest, especially with the old Alakazam with him. Although Zane didn't get a single complaint from him so far. Either way, this was as good a place as any to stop. Hopefully, their presence will go unnoticed.

"We should camp here. We'll set up closer to the mountain side to attract less attention from anything in the Thieves Forest. Wildfire, mind getting a fire going?"

Wildfire nodded and head to find a better spot further away from the forest, as the rest followed, and as they found a spot, they began taking off their gear, and relaxing. For now.

***​

Thieves Village

Scar got up off his seat when Genevieve mentioned that she had been contacting someone in the Gold Tribe. He had never thought it possible to coerce or otherwise convince in any way one of them to cooperate. They held their standards and morals very highly. Well, apparently not as high as he thought. He was impressed. As much as she was known for her ability with words, to see it in action at this extent was quite amazing.

"I see." Scar began, unsure how to respond to her. He wasn't in the habit of giving compliments, even when one deserved them. Still, he wanted to acknowledge in some way without the appearance of it. "This is good news. We have an even stronger lead. Perhaps for a long time, should this...mystery member choose to continue to cooperate."

The stomping of large feet was felt below Scar. The soft rumble of the dirt below his feet made him realize who was on approach, and by the turn of his head, Scar saw Sovereign, carrying the body of the King of Thieves. A grin of satisfaction rained down upon his face, seeing the illusive 'king's' lifeless body.

"Another victory for the Silver Tribe," he said as he held up the corpse with a grin on his face. He threw the body on the ground. "Should we make an example of him? Tie up his body outside the forest? A sign of what will happen if you cross the Silver Tribe?" Sovereign thought for a moment. "And maybe just scare the masses a little."

"Hmm, not a bad idea. It would serve as an example to those who try to rise up against us. Instilling fear is a powerful tool. Roswell was heralded as one who was supposedly untouchable, even among Alpha Alliance citizens. It would surely serve a purpose."

Scar's eyes wandered up, as he saw the familiar sight of the Aerodactyl he sent to Auron in Silver City swoop down below, a note clutched between his claws.

"Ah! But first...our orders." He said, clearly delighted by the progress of everything that had happened so far. He unrolled the rolled up note, and began to read. Slowly, his expression began to change.

The Sentinels are not to engage the Gold Tribe directly. Patrols may be increased across the south and southwestern borders of Cape City and the surrounding villages, but direct intervention by the Sentinels is, at the moment, not allowed.

The Sentinels involved in the Thieves Village raid are to report to Cape City and help in securing its borders, as well as ensure the city is prepared for an attack, should it come.

-Auron​

Scar flipped the note over, wondering if that was all of the message. He read it one more time, then passed it on to the other Sentinels. A sour expression was across Scar's face, as he crossed his arms. Once the note had hit all of them, Scar eyed them and spoke.

"I don't understand it...we have them. We have them now! We can end them! Why? Why does he act so?" Scar questioned. The Inferno didn't bother with an answer to him, but instead turned his attention to the Aerodactyl messenger.

"Inform the army to mobilize at once. We make for Cape City."

Scar shook his head in disbelief, looking down at the body of Roswell. "Well, we might as well take this trash with us as well. Set his corpse up in Cape City. More of a view anyways." He said, a displeased tone could be heard in his voice. Scar didn't understand it. Auron had the perfect opportunity to crush the Gold Tribe right then and now. He knew where they were. He knew where they were going. He wouldn't let this go so easily.

Scar looked back at the other Sentinels as grin on his face. "Lord Auron said we couldn't get involved directly. Well, let's see just how indirectly we can get involved."

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Ragnaros 'Bloodthirster' Phylax

Bloodthirster was walking besides the whole group, as he would rather not stomp into anybody. Bloody accidents needed to happen only in the battlefield. And the Gold Tribe seemed to need their legs now, as they needed to travel for quite a few time before they reached Cape City - and the idea of this travel made him smirk his red eyebrows together. They could be seen by the Silver Tribe any time, surely, and when that happened.. incidents is what is called. Hanso, nearby, spoke the word to Zane, drawing Ragnaros' attention into overhearing their conversation.

"What would you say the chances are that this trip is free of...incidents?"

He looked forward, to the great cloud of smoke above the Thieve's Forest, and he frowned a bit. Weren't those fools aware of the Silver Tribe? He let out a stream of air as a quiet laugh. They thought the trees could protect them! Hah! Serves them right.

Ragnaros stopped along with Zane, observing him carefully; their leader had come to a realization, apparently. "...Incidents." He muttered, and the Salamence's mouth opened half in question.

"That was it!" He said aloud. "That was the reason the original Gold Tribe made the Gold Crystal's power able to be released into other objects!". Zane turned back to Hanso under Ragnaros' stare.

"I just figured something about the Gold Crystal. You remember how one of the scrolls said something about energy transfer with the Gold Crystal? I figure out why it would do that. Just in case anything were ever to happen to the Gold Crystal, the power would remain in something else. If there were any incidents, it would act as a failsafe."

Sword and Shield, the great Snorlax walking besides Ragnaros, jumped into the conversation. "I guess that's good to know. If ever anything were to happen to it, we could try and transfer that power. Except...we probably don't know how..."

"We don't." Zane answered still with a smile. He then gestured to the Alakazam. "He does." The Alakazam was staying in the back of the group, apparently trying to clasp something invisible that bothered him. Bloodthirster was overcome by an urge to laugh, but he managed to hide it. I bet this old psychic has forgotten his own abilities, much more the abilities of a crystal... "Just something useful to know, I guess. We outta be prepared."

"Either way, I think we'll be alright. If we do run into something, we are more than capable of handling it. I mean, it's not like anyone is actually expected a group of Gold Tribe across this path, right? So the most we'll likely run into is patrols."

The Silver Tribe had vanquished the thieves, just like they should have done with the Gold Tribe, only they... didn't. It was as if Auron wanted them alive and well. Else he would have trapped the road between Albia and Cape City - wasn't it obvious, that the Gold Tribe, with all this talk of freedom, would try to liberate the city next? Yes, it was. And Auron wasn't stupid. He was up to something... Ragnaros was sure the others would have noticed, too. It wasn't hard, waging war against a traveling group as big as themselves. If he was a Sentinel, he would have sent the ancient Aerodactyls in constant search for them from the skies of Valkaria, and then, they surely wouldn't stood a chance in hiding.

The group traveled for a while, with Ragnaros refraining from sharing his thoughts with the others. He thought of it as pointless wander in the realm of the mind, baseless assumptions on the enemy movement. The Silver Tribe could have focused its efforts elsewhere, too. Where, they couldn't have known. For now, they just journeyed to the narrow pass between the Korhal Mountains and the Thieves Forest. Ragnaros had his eyes fixed on the cloud, trying to resist flying in there and seeing what was going on for himself. The place was surely full of ancients, and a Sentinel or two, or all of them as a raid inside that particular forest seemed to be of great magnitude.

By night, they found themselves in the area fatal for their brother, Dark Lightning. Ragnaros acknowledged his honorable sacrifice, although he was on the verge of deeming it pointless; he would have found a way for the Gold Tribe to escape the trap of the ancients, had he have more time. But the past stayed where it is. The dusk now blended with the horizon, forbidding them from proceeding forward. The chances of another ambush were higher with this darkness surrounding them. So, the Gold Tribe settled down, with Ragnaros still resisting the urge to fly. He simply sat down like a beaten up dog, with his head resting on a grass patch; he didn't care about being close to the bonfire Wildfire created. His body was warm enough to begin with, his tough skin didn't let cold in and the flames that were burning inside his belly begged to come out and raze, destroy something.

Along with his thoughts of battle, the crystals were brought back to his mind.
All this talk of crystals reeks of fantasy... the dragon thought. Their abilities seem supernatural... common Pokemon wouldn't be able to create such wonders. These shouldn't even be amongst us. Here's to this odd war they have caused, where Auron doesn't desire the immediate destruction of the Gold Tribe, but rather promotes it...

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
The Swift sighed. The traveling was going slow. What was there for a Scizor to do on this excursion? This is going to damned slow. We need to get there. I cannot do this for much longer. He decided to go do some recon to pass the time. "I'm going to go do some recon. To pass the time." Jirmonji told whoever was listening. He darted off into the distance far, far ahead of the rest of the group. It felt good to be running again. One could only take so much of walking in a mob. He had to run free.As he scanned the horizon for threats, he thought about the events of late.

The riots he had started with Gallant were on purpose, though being captured was not exactly part of the plan. The arrival of Sovereign was also not supposed to happen. They surely would have died if the rest of the Gold Tribe had not arrived. I owe them my life, and more. I swore the oath. I am theirs. He was grateful. He just wished that the Sentinels had not been there. Otherwise, the city would've been theirs months ago. The battle that had insued their almost-execution was the largest one he had been in since Gold City. He had escaped that blasted Tyrannitar to run right into Zane "Vigil" and Defender, who had run off. They had eventually defeated the Ancients and Sentinels with the arrival of the Alpha Alliance army. They even managed to defeat two of them. The Golden Catacombs had been some-what of a success, if it could be called that. They had learned various information, and met perhaps the oldest member of the Gold Tribe still alive. Now they were off on another escapade within days.

The Swift returned to reality with a jolt. He said to no one in particular, since there was no one around, "Damn. How long have I been out?" He realized he had passed out in the midst of his thinking.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Kyusu "Kasey" Fuella Arashi
Gold Tribe
Albia
Delayed Messages

"Just come with us already," the Salamence said bluntly, ignorant as he was. "I'd say what we're doing here is more important than warning your family . . . no offense."

Kasey sighed. "Perhaps," she said simply. "But in some cases, perhaps not. You've all done well so far without me, but there are some important matters awaiting me at my home. Not the least of which is delivering news of my brother's death to those it affects most dearly."

"No, we will not force you to come," the Bisharp, Vigil interjected. "Well, Bane, our urgency has just picked up tremendously. One of ours may be in some trouble, so we must depart immediately. We have our path, and you have yours. Yet should you choose to accompany us . . . ," Vigil took off the bag hanging over his shoulder, sifting through it and pulling out a map of Valkaria. ". . . We will be traveling along this dotted path due northeast, making for the pass between the Korhal Mountains and the Thieves Forest before turning further northeast to Cape City. Find us there."

Vigil looked around, signaling the other Gold Tribe members to move out. He turned back to Kasey to offer one last bestowment. "Arceus protect you."

As Vigil turned to leave, the Gallade accompanying him turned to Kasey. "If we had a few minutes to sit in one place, I could help you establish a connection." The Gallade began to walk away with his comrades, but as he did so he sent a telepathic message to Kasey. Her mind reeled slightly, still unused to the feeling of telepathy and especially unfamiliar with others being the ones to contact her. "We're gonna be stopping sooner or later anyways, I'm sure. So, unless your own plans take you elsewhere. . . ."

Kasey looked at the Gallade with a level expression and nodded her understanding. She considered the offer as the Gold Tribe members marched away, Vigil taking the lead. Certainly a psychic-type would be able to establish a connection with Rai, considering he wasn't all that far away. He was, perhaps, a few villages away. For what reason, Kasey was unsure, but it was still too far for her to make a connection on her own. If she stayed here, Rai might move in the opposite direction and she would have to go chase him, wasting even more time. If she went with Vigil and the others now, she could kill two Pidoves with one Geodude.

"That's a stupid expression," Kasey mumbled aloud as she thought that last sentence. She quickly glanced around, making sure nobody heard. Luckily, everyone had already gone. She berated herself for her childish stupidity.

"Okay," she said, her mind made up. She silently ran after the Gold Tribe, deciding to shadow them for a time. It would only take her a few minutes to catch up, and then she could wait for an opportunity to take the Gallade up on his offer.

* * * * *​

Kasey stood in the foliage near the mountainous region the Gold Tribe had stopped at. The place had been ravaged, presumably by a previous encounter the Gold Tribe had had in this area. It was dark out now, and they were setting up camp. Kasey decided that this was as good a time as any. She emerged from the forest and walked towards the newly established campsite.​

Garet

GhostFire
Years

Hanso had been looking ahead, glancing at the smoke rising from the forest, when Zane stopped himself mid-sentence, also stopping in his tracks. The Gallade stopped a few steps ahead once he realized this, turning back to raise an eyebrow at the Bisharp.

"That was it!" Zane said aloud. "That was the reason the original Gold Tribe made the Gold Crystal's power able to be released into other objects!"

Hanso remained silent, waiting for an explanation. Zane turned back to him as they resumed walking. "I just figured something about the Gold Crystal. You remember how one of the scrolls said something about energy transfer with the Gold Crystal? I figure out why it would do that. Just in case anything were ever to happen to the Gold Crystal, the power would remain in something else. If there were any incidents, it would act as a failsafe."

So that's what he'd been thinking about. After some moments of thought, Hanso recalled the particular passage that Zane just referred to. Yes, it made sense, thinking about it...yet...would it happen automatically? Or would they, or the Keeper as Zane pointed out, have to do that themselves? Maybe they could use it as some sort of ruse-- What am I thinking? Hand the Gold Crystal over to the Sentinels? For what purpose?

Zane turned back to Hanso again. "Either way, I think we'll be alright. If we do run into something, we are more than capable of handling it. I mean, it's not like anyone is actually expected a group of Gold Tribe across this path, right? So the most we'll likely run into is patrols."

Hanso glanced back at the forest, one eye flickering for an instant as his head was turned away. 'I mean, it's not like anyone is actually expected a group of Gold Tribe across this path, right?' Right, sure, only a Sentinel, no big deal. One who would, if she felt like it, let the other Sentinels know, and they could be waiting with an army of Ancients on the other side of the pass, for all the Gold Tribe knew. Especially if the Silver Tribe was responsible for the situation in the Thieves' Forest. Hanso felt as if he'd be jumpy for the rest of the trip. What had he done? No big deal, we can all fight. I can teleport us out, if we need to. What might Genevieve think of that, though? No, it wouldn't be too much trouble, since Hanso was still, technically, in the Gold Tribe and would act accordingly.

The Gallade suddenly squashed his thoughts on the matter and turned to working on keeping his 'white room' empty, or as empty as possible. Some of his thoughts and feelings kept jumping in. Didn't think I'd be so...fretful. It didn't help that Hanso kept an eye on their surroundings, often scanning the ground ahead for other minds that might be lying in wait.

Eventually, as night fell, the Gold Tribe stopped at the place where they had been ambushed by the Silver Tribe. Hanso smirked for a moment. Ambushing an ambush...he'd have to remember that in the future. Zane said, "We should camp here. We'll set up closer to the mountain side to attract less attention from anything in the Thieves Forest. Wildfire, mind getting a fire going?"

Hanso followed the Infernape and, when a suitable spot was found, set down his own gear but remained standing. He turned full circle, eyes and mind scanning the surrounding area for other--

There was one.

The Gallade tensed, but he resisted the impulse to unsheathe his arm-blades, keeping them in as he did more than a cursory scan. Oh. Bane. At least he had an excuse for not trying to act as if nothing was up...yet. Hanso walked to the edge of the group, folding his arms as he waited silently for the Ninetales to approach. It seemed like she wanted to take his offer. At least I'd be doing something right.

Last edited:

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Daricka "Wildfire" Cambar

Daricka didn't complain about the simple task given to her and set herself to setting dry wood in a pile, removing as many tender branches as she found in the pile so there would be less smoke. Once the brittle branches and twigs were arranged in a cluster away from any trees the fire might catch onto, she crouched down next to the pile and held out her hand to it. Her arm ignited with the dark flames that marked her before said flames rolled down her arm in a fashion similar to water and off of her fingertips, sparking into a blaze once they touched the dry wood. Once the fire sparked to life, the flames slowly changed from the inky black and midnight blue of Daricka's flames to the paler reds and oranges of a normal fire.

The fire now burning brightly, it's flickering light casting illusions of shadows at the edge of its light, the Infernape settled back on her heels and allowed the pack to slip from her shoulders to the ground. Stormy blue optics scanned the growing darkness beyond the fire as Daricka remembered the battle that had taken place here, as well as Dark Lightning's sacrifice. She closed her eyes, taking a silently giving the Zebstrika her gratitude.

When she reopened her eyes, she caught sight of Bane approaching their temporary campsite, the firelight dancing over her fur. TrueStriker was already waiting to greet the Ninetales, so Daricka merely rose to stand but kept her position by the fire.

Nakuzami

Years
Gold Tribe
Plains of Valkaria
Approaching Truth

As Kasey walked towards the Gallade, she realized that his muscles had been tensed up. He had probably been startled by her presence, even though she had been shadowing the group all day. That, however, had been at a distance and the Gallade had probably not been paying close enough attention to notice her. She could be sneaky when she wanted to be.

Standing near the Gallade was an Infernape, a member of the Gold Tribe that Kasey could not recall noticing earlier. At the time her mind had been a bit clouded, and even now she wouldn't doubt that some of the Gold Tribesmen would remain unnoticed by her. She was good at noticing the presence of other beings, but that didn't mean she payed them any particular attention.

"So," Kasey said as she took one last step towards the Gallade, "now that you have the chance, care to let me take you up on your offer from earlier?"

Years
  • Seen today
Accatosh "Blitzkrieg" Coronis

After Flying for quite some time from his hidden cove towards the edge of the Korhal Mountains Accatosh landed on a nearby cliff, where the mountains and the thief's forest created a choke point... he thought for a moment, remembering how Pokemon would be ambushed in this area. he looked off into the distance and wondered if there were any more Gold Tribe members left... or was he the last and only survivor? He shook his head clearing his mind as He scanned his surrounding, although it was night, he was able to see the lights of Cape city... then something caught his eye, a small camp fire, around it there was a group of the most interesting group of Pokemon, A gold colored Bisharp, a Galade, a rather large Snorlax, an Infernape, and a Salamence. Accatosh thought for a moment, there could be eather one of two things, either members of the Gold Tribe, or Silver Tribe waiting to attack something. Either way he couldn't find out who they were until he actually met them face to face. he silently let out a growl angered that he lost his golden leg band, as he jumped and gently glided down to the ground towards the camp. he landed a ways off to the left where the Galade was facing, where the shadows hid him... then he recognized the Snorlax as Sword and Shield. He slowly walked out of the shadows into the fire light. "Sword and Shield," Accotosh greeted, "nice to see you again... old friend." Accatosh bowed his head in respect to the Snorlax.

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Plains of Valkaria

Zane began unpacking his own bag as the others began doing the same. The air was getting significantly colder, which made the warmth of Wildfire's fire all the more comforting. He sat next to it, some of the others doing the same. Gallant was busy conversing with Speculum about something (though from the angle, he looked more like he was lecturing him about something, or maybe it was just the memory of Gallant constantly doing it in the past that made him think so). The Swift, who seemed edgy staying to long in one place, elected to go ahead and scout, Zane nodding his head in assent. Wildfire and Sword and Shield meanwhile sat silently next to the fire, their expression both suggesting they were deep in thought. He wondered if they both thought about the same thing he did, about Dark Lightning. It had been almost a week since the ambush, and yet the memory of it was still fresh in his mind. He closed his eyes as he pictured it, feeling worse about it. But he was suddenly interrupted by a voice nearby him.

"Something troubles you, young one?" The voice said. Zane opened his eyes to see the Alakazam staring at him, seated on the grass beside him. Zane eyed him, then turned his look towards the flames, which crackled in the night.

"Just thinking over things. Things that happened."

"Ah." He said, joining Zane in staring at the fire. "Yes, yes. Much has occurred in these troubling times. Much pain. Much loss."

"Too much." He retorted to the old Alakazam, which responded him to turn to Zane, placing an arm on his shoulder.

"Fear not young one. The troubles of the world may be many now, but none are permanent."

"Even if that's true. Even if we do somehow pull out of this and stop, how much more will we lose along the way? We've lost a lot of good people. Friends. Brothers and sisters."

"It is the unfortunate position we find ourselves, but all war is with sacrifice. Those you have lost have not perished for naught. Rather, it was their time. They had their destiny, their path unfolded before them, and they chose it. Now you all must do the same. Everyone has a path they must take. Decisions they must make. Even you, Vigil."

Zane might not have said it to the old Alakazam there, but his words actually did make him feel a bit better. He wasn't sure how he did it, but there was something about being consoled by an old hermit-like figure that soothed him. Perhaps it was the cliché itself. Nevertheless, Zane gave the old Pokemon a weak smile, but was unable to respond as he saw from one side TrueStriker and Wildfire notice someone to the edge of the forest. Zane looked over to see who they were staring at, preparing to fight if need be, only to see it was Bane, who seemed to have been following them.

"So," Bane said as she took one last step towards TrueStriker, "now that you have the chance, care to let me take you up on your offer from earlier?"

Zane smiled from behind, and at that moment, another voice came, addressing the large Snorlax Sword and Shield. It was a Salamence, an oddly colored one.

Sword and Shield," He greeted, "nice to see you again... old friend."

Sword and Shield turned and face the Pokemon, and his face instantly lighted up in delight. "By Arceus, Blitzkrieg?! Is that you? How…how are you alive? I thought you were dead! He used his large paws to get off of the ground, and ran to what Zane deduced was his friend, and embraced him. "Haha! I can't believe it! How have you been alive all this time? Where have you been?"

Zane crossed his arms, looking over to both opposite sides of the camp, seeing two new faces, both of which wore Gold Tribe emblems. It had been a while since any new ones managed join them, and here two popped up almost at once. He smiled, happy at the sight. Sword and Shield turned to Zane and spoke.

"Vigil, this is my old friend Accatosh Coronis, known as "Blitzkrieg". I haven't seen him since Gold City. Blitzkrieg, this is Vigil, and the rest of the tribe."

"A pleasure to meet you, brother." Zane said to the knew Salamence, smiling brightly at him, before turning over to the Ninetales who appeared as well. "And a pleasure to see you decided to come as well, sister." He said to Bane.

Cape City

The City of Marble. That was the nickname given to the Cape City upon its construction. Unlike Albia which was made primarily of wood and stone, Cape City was crafted from the finest marble to be dug out from the realm of Valkaria. It is a city built for width rather than height (similarly to Albia), mainly because of the extremely cold temperatures that come down upon the city's skies from the mountain air. However, surrounding Cape City is an outer wall that encircles the entire bulk of the city, thick and sturdy (similar to Eternity City). So in other words, Cape City is almost a hybrid of the best of both Albia and Eternity City mixed into one giant metropolis. Except the uniqueness of Cape City doesn't end there.

About 100 years ago, during the War with the Order of Neoverse, the Gold Tribe discovered an old underground city below Cape. It was probably once one of the cities for the older times of Valkaria, before whatever fate befell that resulted in its demise or abandonment. Whatever it once was, it was re-armed and repopulated by the Alpha Alliance, renamed into Old Cape City, and used primarily for the Gold Tribe as training grounds for students (as Gold Tribe Academy was in Cape City above). Some of the exercises of the Gold Tribe trainees involved the vast array of caverns that surrounded Old Cape, tunnels that seemed to go on for miles, many ending in dead ends, while many others leading to the most surprising of places. To this day, not even half of the paths of these caverns have been explored.

But this was all before the Silver Tribe invasion. After Auron conquered Cape City, he set up the majority of Ancient forces in the base below in Old Cape, although numerous others patrol the Wall of Cape City as well. Cape City itself has fallen on hard times. When the invasion occurred two years ago, Cape was the first to fall, and the Silver Tribe made no expense to surrounding villages, destroying most of them. Hundreds of smaller villages around Cape and Shine City were destroyed, leaving thousands displaced and without homes. When all of Valkaria was soon taken, the refugees who had nowhere to go filled Cape City, even if it was under the control of the Silver Tribe. Now, Cape City is the refugee center of the world, all homes which remain intact are crammed, and even then there isn't enough room, so many finding their homes on the streets. To top it off, the Silver Tribe seem to have no interest in governing, the city almost without food and food riots occasionally breaking out, though they are often quelled by the Ancients in a small amount of time. The once brightly paved marble streets are dirty and ruined, much like the spirits of the Pokemon who call this place home.

Scar hated this city in particular. The very sight of it made him sick. But it also made him slightly concerned. If Cape City was any indication of the state of captured cities, then their other ones, if not properly managed, would soon follow in its fate. Scar has said to this of Auron before, yet he continues to do nothing, and let their captured territories rot. If, or rather when, they retake Albia and Eternity City, and this situation is repeated, he wondered how long it would take for them to turn into this as well. To Scar, Auron appears to have no interest in maintaining his so called 'Silver Tribe Dynasty'. But this was all speculation on his part. He assumed Auron had a plan behind all this. He probably just couldn't see it. Although he could see the rotting of the city…

Scar proceeded with the other Sentinels to the Stoneguard, the main structure of Cape City, its capital building, a once beautifully decorated marble structure in the center of Cape City. Now, because of lack of maintenance and care, it was beginning to wear and crumble. In fact, the entire city looked like that. Heck, the Pokemon inside the city, who terrifyingly pushed themselves off the road to clear a path for the Sentinels, looked like that. Scar did his best to ignore those Pokemon, even if there were so many to the point that they literally looked piled on these streets.

Once in front of Stoneguard, Scar opened the large doors, and headed inside. The building was long as the Hall of Albia, though not quite as short, approximately two levels as opposed to the Hall's one. The first level consisted primarily of many other doors and rooms, most of which have been transformed into meeting areas, tactician rooms, and storages by the Silver Tribe. The upper level was altered into bedrooms for the Sentinels, each with a private room of their own. With the recent deaths among them, many are empty.

"Well, I don't know about you." Scar began, stretching his arms out. "But I've had enough of…well quite honestly everything for today. I'm going to bed. You do what you wish, and we can reconvene in the morning to see how to handle this…Gold Tribe problem."

Scar said nothing more to them, as he departed to the upstairs area. He was still quite disappointed by Auron's orders about the Gold Tribe, but his weariness from the travels and the events in Eden Forest outweighed his anger. He just wanted to sleep. He felt like he hadn't done so in a long time…

Garet

GhostFire
Years
"So," Bane said as she took one last step towards the Gallade, "now that you have the chance, care to let me take you up on your offer from earlier?"

Hanso nodded once, unfolding his arms. He turned when he heard another voice, then calmed his worried mind as he saw that it was a Salamence - another Salamence. From what Gladius was saying, this was a friend of his, Accatosh Coronis, known as "Blitzkrieg". Really need to calm down, you know. Especially if you're gonna be helping Bane here. Hanso turned his attention back to the Ninetales. He wasn't sure if Zane had introduced the Gold Tribe to Bane or not. "Name's Hanso SharpEye," he said, backing up a couple steps in order to be closer to the fire. "Known as TrueStriker." What had Genevieve said about titles? That they were ridiculous?

Hanso mentally shoved those thoughts away. He needed his mind clear, if Bane's brother was a long distance away. "It's warmer next to the fire," he added, directing this to Bane, as he lowered himself into a sitting position. Closing his eyes, Hanso cleared his mind enough to be sure that he could reach out with his telepathy. "Which direction is your brother?" he asked Bane, even as his telepathy-sense extended toward Albia. That was a likely place to start from, though hopefully this wouldn't take too long. Hanso knew that the initial contact would be unreadable at first, and he wondered if Bane's brother would recoil from a foreign mind.

That gave Hanso pause, though to the others' eyes, he only seemed to be sitting with his eyes closed. He then opened a channel between his extended sense and Bane, adding, "For that matter, you're the one who knows whether it's the mind of your brother or not. I'll hold the connection once we find him."

Years
  • Seen today

Accatosh looked at the Bisharp known as Vigil and the rest of the tribe, "a pleasure as well brothers and sisters, to meet you all."

Accatosh addressed the remainder of the group since, the Galade and the Ninetales seemed to be preoccupied with something else of great importance. "I don't suppose your in the mood for a story are you?" he said looking around at the group of tired pokemon, as he lowered his body to the ground and looked at his right leg where his beloved gold band once was, a sad expression came across his face.

After a while of silence, Accatosh turned to Sword and Shield and said, "I have been in hiding after battling the Silver Tribe Leader, "Auron", the battle was gruesome but I some how survived, and ended up with only this," he showed the scar on his left wing, "after that I have been training, here in the Korhal Mountains in my hiding place. I believe I have survived thanks to the grace of Arceus."

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
Gold Tribe
Plains of Valkaria
Psycall

Before Kasey received a response from the Gallade, another life force entered the camp. Kasey glanced in the direction it originated from and saw a green Salamence, obviously different than the one that had been traveling with the Gold Tribe earlier. She viewed it as a matter of little importance to her for the moment and turned back to the Gallade.

The Gallade nodded in response to her question as she turned back to him. "Name's Hanso SharpEye," he said, backing up a couple steps, getting closer to the warm fire. "Known as TrueStriker."

"It's warmer next to the fire," he added, stating the obvious. He lowered himself into a sitting position and closed his eyes. "Which direction is your brother?" he questioned via telepathy after a moment's pause. "For that matter, you're the one who knows whether it's the mind of your brother or not. I'll hold the connection once we find him."

"When I searched for his presence in Albia, he was not too far northwest of the city." Kasey took a seat in front of Hanso, closing her eyes and clearing her mind as she allowed his powers to mix with her own. As their minds mingled, Kasey modified the search radius to where she had last sensed her brother. When this didn't prove fruitful, she increased the range of the search.

Sure enough, the signature of her brother's mind appeared within a few kilometers of his original location. Using Hanso's added mental strength, she send a thought through the clouds to where her brother was, attempting to establish a connection. She waited for a moment, focusing.

She strengthened her focus, and waited.

And waited.

Finally, she felt something. She entered her brother's mind and felt him flinch in surprise. Kasey gave him a moment to adjust to the feeling, considering she had not contacted him in a while and hadn't spoken to him via telepathy for some time before that.

"Heeeeeeeey, what is this? Where are you and why are you probing me? You know it's annoying!"

"I love you too, Rai. Long time no argument. I'd ask you how you've been, but that's not why I contacted you," Kasey retorted.

"Then why have you contacted me?" Rai questioned, annoyed.

"I need you to meet me in Cape City. I'm currently traveling with the group of Gold Tribe that Sai accompanied."

"Sai? You're with him? How is he? It's been a while since I've seen either of you," Rai said.

"We'll talk when you get here. Now, are you coming or not?" Kasey's tone was becoming one of annoyance. She sighed inwardly as Rai asked about their younger brother, but she would prefer to deliver the news to him in person.

"Fine! Fine, we'll be there. We were actually heading in that direction anyways. See you there," Rai relented.

"See you then. I'll contact you once we reach Cape City." With that, Kasey severed the connection and opened her eyes.

"Thank you," she said to Hanso. She stood and took a more comfortable position near the fire, laying down not inches away from the flames, the hot lick of their tips comforting in the cold night.​

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
The Swift scoured the land for his comrades. He had not seen a single one of them since he went on his recon mission. He was moving so fast that all that could be seen was a cloud of dust with a red blur in front of it. Nothing would keep him from his group. Damn it, damn it, damn it! Where are they? He hadn't found them within a hundred yard radius, so he was widening his range. Damn it! If any of you people can here me, try and give me a clue where you are! He hoped that his message found Hanso...or anyone for that matter. He was lost.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Sovereign
Sovereign circled Cape City, carrying the dead corpse of the King of Thieves with him. He had to find just the right spot to put it on display. The message needed to be strong and clear. As he did so, he began to wonder exactly what had compelled him to the idea in the first place? Was this honorable? Putting your enemy's body on display doesn't seem like the kind of thing that he would think of. He was brutal on the battle field, but there was a certain amount of respect he usually held for fallen combatants.

And yet here he was, on a most gruesome mission. As he pondered it, he was suddenly overcome with an intense migraine. His vision became blurry, and there was a ringing in his ears. He fell on his knees and dropped the body on the ground.

As the world came back into focus, he saw a face he never wanted to see again. That disgusting smile. Those awful red eyes. Varren stood before him, but he was not sure how.

"How's it going Lover-Boy?" Varren said in an unusually comfortable tone. Sovereign just stared at him as he tried to catch his breath. "Come on. Don't be like that. I'm here to help you."

"You're dead. You can't be here. It's impossible." Varren took a few steps towards Sovereign, and cocked his head.

"Come now. If I was dead, how could I be here?" This was a quandary. It seemed like everything Sovereign knew was being brought into question. "Did you like it?"

"What are you talking about?" Asked Sovereign. The world began to darken around him as Varren approached ever closer.

"The darkness, Sovereign. It's living in your very soul. I only gave you a taste of what you are capable of. You could become a god. The gift you've been given, combined with that darkness inside you, is a very rare combination. One that only Hydreigon have been able to tap. But you are capable of so much more."

Sovereign could not see beyond the veil. All he could see was Varren. "What do you get out of this deal?" It was a fair question. Varren's smile grew when he heard those words.

"All I need is access to your Dragon Blood. Then I can give you infinite power! But as things stand, I'm being blocked. All I need is your permission. And everything in the world can be yours." Varren offered his hand to Sovereign. But Sovereign only stared. Infinite power? Such things do not come without a hefty price.

Do not trust him Sovereign. He will destroy you, and he will take everything you leave behind. He is a being of the darkness, and is very clever.
This voice Sovereign heard now was familiar, but not Varren or his father. He could not place the voice precisely, but he listened. "No deal," said Sovereign.

"That's fine," Varren said as he retracted his arm. "You will come around in due time. You will need what I offer," he said as he faded into the darkness. The veil lifted revealing that many hours had passed. "I guarantee..."

Sovereign found that he wasn't in the same place he had been when Varren appeared. And this was quite odd. But the place he now stood was perfect for displaying the King of Thieves. He returned to the city and collected what he would need: a large post, a long rope, and someone who could tie knots. Sovereign punched a hole in the earth right in front of Cape City, and placed the post, with the corpse of the former "King" dangling from the top, his feet roughly 5 feet from the ground. He wasn't sure if this was honorable, but he knew that it would help bolster Auron's cause, and that was good enough for him.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Plains of Valkaria

Zane sat upon the ground with the others as the newly arrived Salamence Blitzkrieg sat and told of his story. He made a look at Bane and TrueStriker for a moment, who still seemed to be conversing with each other for a moment, before turning his attention to Blitzkrieg. Sword and Shield sat on the right of him. The others joined around as well. Zane listened, looking over at the scar he had on his wing as he described his fight with Auron in Gold City.

"You're lucky you got away with only that." Sword and Shield uttered to his friend. "Auron is a tough opponent. The toughest. Back in the Gold Tribe, he was the best fighter. Now, he's even more powerful."

"Yea, but we've all improved on this journey." Lyn "Guardia" Reed interjected. "Every day, we get stronger. Every major fight we've fought, we get better." At this moment, Bane, the newly arrived Ninetales, made her way closer to the fire, sitting down with the others. "And everyday, we get more numbers." She said, smirking at Bane as well. "I'm sorry about your brother Calamity, by the way." Guardia said to Bane. "He was a good friend. A great fighter. He saved our a$$es back in Albia."

Zane nodded in agreement, remembering what he heard about the sacrifice of Calamity. It also made him look around and remember Dark Lightning too. But Lyn was right. Every day, they were getting strong, and gaining more members of the Tribe. In Albia, it was Gallant, the Healer, and the Swift. After the battle, it was the Prince of Light. In the Catacombs, it was the old Alakazam. Today, it was Blitzkrieg and Bane. One can never know what will happen tomorrow.

But with that, one can never also know who could be lost as well. Dark Lightning and Calamity were among the casualties, but also missing apart of their group now was Noctus Gamble, who had apparently betrayed them. Who had apparently started all this misery to begin with. Zane had not forgotten that. He wondered if they would confront him soon as well.

He looked across the campfire, at all the others, seeing the flux of faces that gathered, but realizing one was missing. "Hey, anyone seen the Swift?" Zane asked them. "He's not back yet, and it's getting late. We should be heading to sleep soon. Defender may need us."

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Genevieve L'esprit
This wasn't where Genevieve wanted to be. This was supposedly a strategic move. Go to the enemy's target and wait for them there. They were not to intervene with the Gold Tribe or act directly with them before then. It was almost an assault on her character, as if Auron hadn't trusted her intel. She had departed to her own private room, just her and her racing thoughts. No calm would come over her. It was only agitation and pent up anger. If she had been a fire type, the building would be burned to the ground in a great conflagration.

"Auron has his reasons. Auron has his reasons. Auron has his reasons. Auron has his reasons. Auron has his reasons. Auron has his reasons. Auron has his reasons," she began to recite to herself over and over again, her body curled up on the bed, her back planted firmly against the wall. "Damnit! Why don't we act?!" She shouted out to the shadows, her only company. "We have them! Cornered like rats!" Leaping from the bed, she grabbed it with her mind and with a gesture, it went flying end over end and crashed violently into the opposite wall. The bed shattered on impact like a bundle of sticks, splinters raining down on her in every direction. Everything looked in shambles, just like how the world was becoming.

Squatting and wrapping her arms tightly about her knees, Genevieve began to rock back and forth. She hadn't been right as of late. More hostile, reckless and often times more maniacal. "Auron has his reasons. Auron has his reasons. Auron has his reasons. Auron has his reasons. Auron has his reasons," she chanted again, almost as if it was a petty form of self assurance. "Why doesn't he trust me? Why doesn't he trust me? Why doesn't he trust me? Why doesn't he trust me?" She cast a quick glance out her window towards the night sky, so calm and peaceful, completely unlike the hell raging inside her mind. An unfamiliar noise reached her ears when she stopped and listened. Laughter, raucous and disturbing laughter. It wasn't unlike that of a strained clown gasping for air. It took her several minutes to realize that the laughter belonged to her. Why was she laughing? There was nothing funny. It mattered little. The creepy, hypnotic chortle carried on from her lips. A lonely, demented succubus laughing to herself in darkness.

It was among the laughter that something new happened. Her face began to feel wet, a stream of tears flowing from her eyes and dripping silently to the ground. Genevieve brought a hand to her face and began to wipe away the tears. When was the last time she had cried? It had to have been years. Why was she crying now? Nothing made sense in her head at this moment. It had been so long since she had felt real, raw emotion, this felt foreign. Something about it still didn't seem right. This wasn't a situation for tears, yet they flowed freely. It was a time for anger.

Trying desperately, she forced her eyes shut, the outside world nothing but a needless distraction to her now. Her mind attempted to flee to the world only psychics knew, but it couldn't run home. Everything was too clouded, too jumbled. She couldn't even escape to the place that gave her greatest serenity. It was like her own mind and body had betrayed her, preventing her from finding solace from whatever insidious meltdown her mind had started.

She shot up with a jolt, her fists banging ferociously on the cold floor. It wasn't fair. Why was her body doing this? Why would her own mind betray her? Her once carefully controlled emotions had been loosed from their cages. A rampaging Tauros seeing red. She needed a distraction, but where? There was nothing to do in this Arceus forsaken town. Maybe the other sentinels weren't all sleeping? Who could she go to? Certainly not that lunatic Sovereign. That multi-personality buffoon attempted to kill her the last time they "talked". Genevieve began to giggle inappropriately at the thought. It wasn't even a laughing matter, but her body did it without reason. Scar? The Mienshao was definitely one of the least objectionable members in the area. At least he wasn't a dense brick wall.

Genevieve picked herself up slowly, her body swaying under the exertion. Stumbling into the hall just outside her room, she made her way over to his room in a most laborious manner. With a powerful blast, she blew the door open. The door swung on its hinges, the only thing saving it from erupting like her bed. "Scar!" She shouted into the room, her body following after her voice. "I am in need of your services." It was quite easy to see that something was very off with her by the way she spoke. Her normal manner of formality and eloquence had been eschewed for bluntness. "Entertain me with your mind, or make room in your bed. Let it be known, I have no intention of sleeping." She slammed the door shut behind her.​

Years
  • Seen today

after hearing what each had to say about his story, and about what has currently happened to the group, Accatosh was about to respond when Zane spoke up first

"Hey, anyone seen the Swift?" Zane asked the group. "He's not back yet, and it's getting late. We should be heading to sleep soon. Defender may need us."

"who is this Swift? and Defender? I know no such names," Accatosh thought out loud. As he stood up onto his legs ready to help as he might. "I think it would be best if we traveled in pairs to find your friend," he advised, "considering the current events that have happened and the state of the country it would be best." as he said this he looked at the rest of the group, his advice seemed to stun them. Why would they be so... so stunned by my advice, is there something I should know?

Last edited:

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Daricka "Wildfire" Cambar

As TrueStriker and Bane moved closer and closed their eyes in silent communication, Daricka turned her attention away from them and to the source of a voice she had heard only moments before. A small turn of her head, and she pinpointed the source of the voice: a green Salamence with a scar marring its left wing. Though she had not heard what he had said, the Salamence appeared to have been speaking to Sword and Shield, as now the Snorlax was quickly rising to greet the newcomer as an old friend would, exclaiming delightedly, "By Arceus, Blitzkrieg?! Is that you? How…how are you alive? I thought you were dead! Haha! I can't believe it! How have you been alive all this time? Where have you been?"

Blitzkrieg? Daricka was sure she'd heard that name somewhere within the Gold Tribe before, and judging by Sword and Shield's reaction, the Salamence was one of them. The dark-flamed Infernape nodded her head to the Salamence, her definition of a polite greeting. "Greetings, brother," she said in an even tone.

"A pleasure as well, brothers and sisters, to meet you all," Blitzkrieg intoned. "I don't suppose your in the mood for a story are you?" Not seeing any reason not to listen, Daricka retook her seat by the fire, slightly away from the others but close enough so she could hear the Blitzkrieg speak. "I have been in hiding after battling the Silver Tribe Leader, Auron. The battle was gruesome but I somehow survived, and ended up with only this." He lifted his left wing, allowing Daricka a better view of the scar on it, before continuing, "After that I have been training, here in the Korhal Mountains in my hiding place. I believe I have survived thanks to the grace of Arceus."

The story impressed Daricka, shown by a slight lifting of her brows. To survive a fight against Auron was a great feat in itself, but to escape with only a single scare was even more incredible. Though, she believed it had more to do with skill and luck than Arceus' grace. The god Pokemon didn't help her much in her younger life, so she didn't put much faith in the legendary creator.

"You're lucky you got away with only that," Sword and Shield said to Blitzkrieg. "Auron is a tough opponent. The toughest. Back in the Gold Tribe, he was the best fighter. Now, he's even more powerful."

"Yea, but we've all improved on this journey," Guardia interjected. "Every day, we get stronger. Every major fight we've fought, we get better. And everyday, we get more numbers." At this, she smirked at Bane who had apparently finished her psychic quest with TrueStriker and was now sitting even closer to the warmth of the fire. "I'm sorry about your brother Calamity, by the way," the Zangoose said to fire fox. "He was a good friend. A great fighter. He saved our a$$es back in Albia."

After a moment of silence, in which Daricka took the time to remember yet anther fallen brother, Vigil questioned, "Hey, anyone seen the Swift? He's not back yet, and it's getting late. We should be heading to sleep soon. Defender may need us."

Daricka's brows furrowed slightly. Vigil was right; they needed to rest, but she doubted they would be able to do so while worrying over where The Swift was. "I'll send a signal up," she rumbled, pushing herself to her feet and moved a few paces away. Weariness dragged at her movements, though it didn't show much in her stride, as Vigil's mention of sleep reminded her of how tired she was.

Lifting her hands, she formed a weak Focus Blast that glowed a dull blue. Her arms ignited with a partial Flare Blitz and the dark flames poured into Focus Blast, making it even darker so there was only a dim throb of light in the center of the orb of energy. Turning her head skyward, she sent the mixture toward the stars with only a portion of the power she usually used. When the orb was only a couple meters above the trees, it lost what little power she had given it and dissipated into small flares of slowly brightening flames that soon disappeared as well. Under different circumstances, she may have sent up a fully powered Focus Blast, but right now she didn't want any unwanted eyes to notice it. Hopefully this small signal would be enough for The Swift to find his way back to them.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Ragnaros 'Bloodthirster' Phylax

Bloodthirster lifted his head, jerking it towards the end of the group. New arrivals, he thought, watching Sword and Shield charging at another Pokemon he wasn't familiar with. His eyes were fixed on the oddly colored Pokemon... then, after some speculation, he realized it was a Salamence. Like him. A Salamence they could be related with. He strongly believed there was a relation between every dragon in Valkaria; though he never got to know much, apart from his mentor. And he wasn't sure he wanted to know more of them dragons. Perhaps their ideals differed greatly...

As he was laying on the grass, he got up and subtly approached the others, the sound of his heavy feet being muffled by the grass. He took a better look at the Salamence, guessing his battling capabilities instead of being focused on his odd coloring; his scales had caught a name or title, Blitzkrieg, and he was sure he had heard that before in the Gold Tribe. He hadn't accessed the memories of back when the Gold Tribe was whole in a long time, but now that he was, he could remember hearing of a shiny Salamence, and the title Blitzkrieg rung a bell or two.

"I don't suppose your in the mood for a story are you?" the shiny Salamence was saying with a sad expression, glancing over at his foot. Bloodthirster instantly deemed his emotion as weakness and smirked his eyebrows in disturbance. Dragons were mighty Pokemon, not sensitive psychics. He was curious to see how well this Blitzkrieg did in battle... as long as he didn't get in the way of Sovereign. Bloodthirster would make sure the Sentinel Sovereign was preoccupied - he owed him, anyway; being called a coward for the sake of Genevieve wasn't something he liked. He would crush the Tyranitar with all his might-- he was snapped off his thoughts when the newly found member of the Gold Tribe spoke again, after a while of silence.

"I have been in hiding after battling the Silver Tribe Leader, "Auron", the battle was gruesome but I some how survived, and ended up with only this," he showed the scar on his left wing, "after that I have been training, here in the Korhal Mountains in my hiding place. I believe I have survived thanks to the grace of Arceus."

Grace of Arceus, sure, he thought, mildly sarcastically. But lookie here, we've got somebody from the neighborhood on board. How come I never saw him in the mountains? He was probably hiding real good... he would've mocked him for that, if he wasn't hiding just like him, after Auron's invasion.

"You're lucky you got away with only that," Sword and Shield said to Blitzkrieg. "Auron is a tough opponent. The toughest. Back in the Gold Tribe, he was the best fighter. Now, he's even more powerful."

"Yea, but we've all improved on this journey," Guardia interjected. "Every day, we get stronger. Every major fight we've fought, we get better. And everyday, we get more numbers." At this, she smirked at Bane who had apparently finished her psychic quest with TrueStriker and was now sitting even closer to the warmth of the fire. "I'm sorry about your brother Calamity, by the way," the Zangoose said to fire fox. "He was a good friend. A great fighter. He saved our a$$es back in Albia."

A moment of silence passed, in which Bloodthirster had approached closer to Blitzkrieg. Then, Vigil spoke. "Hey, anyone seen the Swift? He's not back yet, and it's getting late. We should be heading to sleep soon. Defender may need us."

Sleeping for him would have to wait - he was in little need of it, anyway. The others could sleep for as long as they wanted. Wildfire went about her business of sending a blast of energy up the air to inform Swift; Bloodthirster glanced at the sky, disapproving the Scizor's naive behaviour. Quickly refocusing back at his old intentions of approaching the Salamence, he looked at him straight in the eye.

"Blietzkrieg," he said slowly, "do I know you from somewhere?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back