• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
lol I can't control a console controller to save my life haha. Maybe in Mario Kart and the likes, but when I tried to steer the character in Halo, chaos ensued.

But I've been wanting to become more of a gamer, but on a PC that is. Eventually I'll get myself a PS, is the plan though. But PC first :3

Honest

Hi!
Years
I only want to start PC gaming just for Amnesia and it's sequel, honestly. Otherwise, I'm fine with my PS3 and Wii. 8D

I do need to buy Mario Kart Wii though :c

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I need to get new games for my PS3 before PS4 overshadows the damn thing >>

I was going to do the opposite, with the PS4 coming out soon why waste money on PS3 games? :o

I'll buy any I missed on the store >< probably be a lot cheaper by then as well.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Mario Kart <3 Strangely enough it's not part of my childhood memories, but rather my teens :p We retrogamed that a lot on an old N64.

Amnesia ;; I tried that, had half a heart attack and went on to only watch clips of it on youtube.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Hehe, the price reduction's exactly what I was thinking off. =P With me not being able to afford a 3DS, I doubt a PS4 is in my future anytime soon.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
The PS4 won't play previous Playstation games. Something about it not playing disc based games...

Yeah, but, there's going to be a way to play them on the PS4, even though it's not backwards compatible. I thiiink a separate group is going to handle that, so you can purchase PS3 games on your PS4 or something.

Years
Well it's hard to say right now, Sony haven't really said anything about it yet so the information is pretty limited. We'll only really know as time goes on...

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I need to start completing my huge backlog of PS3 games ready for PS4. Lol. I have way to many I haven't ever completed. Such a waste.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I need to use my PS3 more. It's pretty much a netflix machine right now. :/ Last game I bought for it was Metal Gear Rising back in february.

Though with Last of Us out now I'll finally use it again...once I get around buying it.
I do need to buy Mario Kart Wii though :c
Yeeahh...don't bother. It's terrible. Get Mario Kart DS instead if you have a DS.

Or if you really want a kart racer on Wii, Excitebots is probably your best bet. Sonic All-Stars is also a great choice but the HD versions are better.

Man I could talk about the Wii's library all day. My favorite video game library this past gen. Zack and Wiki, Mario Galaxy, Rhythm Heaven Fever, Wario Land: Shake It, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Warioware Smooth Moves, Punch Out, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Trauma Center, Little King's Story, Another Code R, etc. Probably my favorite home console of all time (not including handhelds, otherwise the title belongs to the DS.) if Gamecube backwards compatibility is taken into account.

Man, thinking back, DS+Wii+360 was gaming bliss last gen.

Years
I've never had anything against Mario Kart Wii, I personally really enjoyed it! I always loved playing online, unlocking characters, winning cups, it so much fun.

Aha Spino, I've heard so many times about your love for Rhythm Heaven Fever and Wario Land: Shake It, I'm still yet to try those out.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Mario Kart Wii's biggest problem was that it was unbalanced in every way. Characters were unbalanced, Funky was so much better than Donkey Kong or Wario. Vehicles were unbalanced, there was no reason to use karts or outdrift bikes when indrift bikes were so much better. Items were unbalanced, the ratio in which certain items appear was screwed up, nevermind how some items were just straight up stupid.
Mario Kart 7 is Mario Kart Wii done right. From the track design to the balance. It's a contender for the best Mario Kart game.

And I know I tend to express my undying love for Rhythm Heaven Fever every chance I get, but I don't recall throwing out praises for Shake It! every time. :P Unless you're confusing it with Wario Land 4.

That said, Rhythm Heaven Fever is my game of the generation. I absolutely recommend it to anyone.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
That was the problem I've had with Mario Kart Wii too. I mean, when I was racing with my friends, we tend to think that certain karts guaranteed your victory (well if you had the skill to back it up that is), in which common characters were at common placements.

I've watched my step-sister play Rhythm Heaven Fever, which it looked pretty fun!

Years
Yeah I definitely agree that the game had a lot of flaws and such, but I still enjoyed it immensely. There's just something about it which just really makes me like it. :3

I haven't really played any games like Rhythm Heaven Fever really, might need to save up a bit of money and then splash my cash on some recommended games some time.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
qik1373668112o.jpg

Ah, Steams summer sale...

Anyone get anything?

I've gotten some things (L4D1, Strike Suit Mega Pack, Greed: Black Border and Star Raiders) and a list of other things that I'm thinking about buying.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I haven't gotten anything yet. I was hoping The Walking Dead DLC would be on sale, even if only slightly, but it's not. I know I can get it 20% off at GMG but I've heard it's only like an hour or two and while I liked the original, I haven't heard people raving about 400 Days so I'll probably pass until it hits ~$2.

Aside from that there wasn't really anything I wanted that I don't already have, so I'll keep an eye on the indie games but beyond that I still have plenty to play.

(My Steam Sale creed is if I don't think I'll play it by the next time a Sale rolls around, I don't buy it.)

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I'm too busy playing Mario & Luigi Dream Team. Got it two days ago and it's going to suck up my time for a while XD (Disappointed at Bowser not being the first enemy you battle though!).

I'll check the steam sales for some cheap indie RPG's as I do every year though.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back