• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

DashBlacK

DashBlacK ~ The Last Chader
Years
Hey guys! I am trying to play the hack Pokémon: rijonAdventures. I am emulating it on my Android phone using the gameboid app. Whenever I start the game i get an error code 0001 and I am also not able to save the game. I tried changing the save type to Flash 128KB and it still don't work. Guys please help me out, I want to play this hack super-bad!

EDIT: It actually says "A 1M sub-circuit board was not recognized." "The game cannot be saved."

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2019
VBA "error opening image"

Hello guyz
I tried to open my VBA after many months (maybe one year :P) but i m gettig the message "Error opening image [rom's directory]" in every rom i have.
I tried to download again the emulator but nothing happen :(
Anyone can help me ???

PS: I used search but i didn't find anything so i posted it.

Renii

Se(Renii)ty
Years
Get rid of the old one that you have and download the latest version from it's site. It is one of the bugs that were fixed.

And try searching on Google if that doesn't work.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2019
Get rid of the old one that you have and download the latest version from it's site. It is one of the bugs that were fixed.

I tried version 1.7.2 and 1.8.0 (beta 3 version),but nothing happen.

And try searching on Google if that doesn't work.

Before this topic i tried to find a solution in google.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... I wonder if your folders that contain your ROMs have certain unicode characters in them that VBA cannot read? VBA cannot read all unicode characters (which are special text characters that come in the language packs installed with Windows). So try renaming the folders to something that can be read. Like I'm sure characters like "é" and A-Z and 0-9 can be read, but there are many that cannot be read.

I had that problem once with a program. I wonder if that's the same problem that's happened to you?

If that's not the case, then the ROM might be corrupt. Try using a fresh FireRed ROM, if the one you've downloaded didn't work, download a different one from off a different site.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Yeah, friggin slow and i can't even get it to work in NO$GBA.
Even the patch codes don't work for Pre-Patch EXP.

Tell me the settings you have so i can speed it up.
MY SETTINGS:
3D - Softrasterizer, Uncheck all boxes.
Emulation - Enable Advanced Bus-Level Timing

So, if you say i should use NO$GBA.
What are the patch codes?
Fix Codes?
And how can i apply it?

First of all, you don't need to use No$GBA. It's outdated and has issues.

Secondly, what version of DeSmuME have you got? If you've got 0.9.7, then it's all good.

Thirdly, here's the settings on DeSmuME that I have it set to:

3D: Softrasterizer - all boxes checked
Sound: Any of them, make sure the Advanced Bus Timer box is deselected for the sound settings.
Emulation: If you're using an ARM7.bin, ARM9.bin or firmware.bin on the emulator and the boxes are selected, then it will slow down the Emulator. So if you want it faster, then deselect the boxes for ARM7, ARM9 and firmware, don't forget to also have "Advanced Bus Timer" deselected.

If it's working, then the only problem everyone is going to have... is the EXP problem in B/W, which I know is an Emulation problem as well, as no one has gotten to that stage yet (except for a patch, which is permanent to a ROM, so make sure you have a clean one if you're going to patch it with an EXP patch).

Feel free to copy and paste the message below or edit it in any way:

~How to make DeSmuME faster~

1. Make sure the Advanced Bus Timer box is deselected for both sound and Emulation settings, please note that it is turned on by default in Emulation settings.
2. Deselect the boxes for ARM7, ARM9 and Firmware, as they will slow down the emulator.
3. If there's areas with many objects that it renders slowly, try using the frameskipping option, by clicking Config > Frameskip and select any number, the higher the number, the more frames it'll skip per second.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2019
Hm... I wonder if your folders that contain your ROMs have certain unicode characters in them that VBA cannot read? VBA cannot read all unicode characters (which are special text characters that come in the language packs installed with Windows). So try renaming the folders to something that can be read. Like I'm sure characters like "é" and A-Z and 0-9 can be read, but there are many that cannot be read.

I had that problem once with a program. I wonder if that's the same problem that's happened to you?

If that's not the case, then the ROM might be corrupt. Try using a fresh FireRed ROM, if the one you've downloaded didn't work, download a different one from off a different site.

I don't know why but when i moved vba and rom in the work screen it worked :D

The last time i played with vba,it haven't problem to open the rom in the same folder :/

Thanx for your help...

Problem = Solved => Topic = Locked ;)

Forbidden1

csgo
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2020
No$Cash DS emulator errors

when i open nosgba, i get :

No$gmb mfg...
last error code 000000003

then

unable to set directory:
C:\documets and settings\user\desktop\pokemon blaze black\patching station

then

current directory is:
C:\documets and settings\user\desktop\pokemon blaze black\patching station

then

No$Gba Fatal
Unexpected Error.

Uh, wot? this never happened to me before. im pretty sure its because i reformatted my XP, but, im not entirely sure. what do i need to download / fix to make no$gba working?

Forbidden1

csgo
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2020
Maybe stupid question but have you tried download it from different source?

the problem was fixed on my old computer.
now i got a new one, windows 7, and im trying to play blazeblack.
after the "pokemon company" logo, the game turns into a black screen.
help? :3

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Never, never, never, NEVER use No$GBA for Gameboy Rom Hacks. It's never compatible. Use VisualBoy Advance instead. It will fix everything. Just remember to set the save type to Flash 128K.

Edit: If it's a DS game, you might have deleted those files and it cannot find them. It's a really buggy emulator. Try DesMume.

Yeah, I've heard bad things about No$GBA. My emulator is kind of a mess. It's a VBA Mac version that's a few years old, yet it works completely on my WINDOWS VISTA computer. VBA is the best choice for players of hacks.

Forbidden1

csgo
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2020
oh, blazeblack is a sideshow hack for Pokemon Black. so yeah its a DS rom. i have the save file and the .nds for it, i just dont know why it doesnt work for windows 7 but works on xp.
i only use nosgba because i can go up to 150~800% speed/frame rate.
with desmume, its gonna go down drastically.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2011
Does anyone know of a way to convert save states between emulators? I've been playing Red and Silver on my Android phone using GBCoid. It works great except I tried transferring my files to my PC and use an emulator like VBA so that I can trade between games to get pokemon who evolve through trading. I've tried everything I can think of, but maybe there's a step I'm missing. It may be impossible, but if not, your help would be greatly appreciated.

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
Years
oh, blazeblack is a sideshow hack for Pokemon Black. so yeah its a DS rom. i have the save file and the .nds for it, i just dont know why it doesnt work for windows 7 but works on xp.
i only use nosgba because i can go up to 150~800% speed/frame rate.
with desmume, its gonna go down drastically.

Desmume is good for comps with around 1GB ddr5 VRAM, and 4 gb ddr3 ram iirc
Try running programs on 7 in XP compatability mode. It's in properties if you right click.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2011
Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere, i could find it with the search. I was playing through a Pokemon Ruby ROM hack and it froze while i was holding spacebar to speed up playing, which i probably should have been more cautious about since it happened with another hack too. anyway i saved while it was frozen and when i loaded it up again it was still frozen.
Can the save be unfrozen or is it unfixable?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
How can I edit Trainers, I know how to do it in Unlz but of course the pallete is different so it looks messed up, so when I try and change the pallete in APE, It gives me a warning that it's 'Dangerous' to change the pallete, the reason is when I click ignore, the game freezes when I view my trainer card.... HELP!

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
Years
I searched the threads and couldn't find a solution to this so here goes:

My desmume emulator won't let me save in-game anymore on Pokemon Volt White meaning it won't save after Ghetsis is defeated and I can't do aftergame. It keeps saying there's already a save file and it is impossible to save over it. I used save states most of the game and deleted my in-game save (which was very old) just in case it was blocking the new one but it still persists. I do have a previous playthrough I used in-game saves and savestates on in there that went to after-game just fine. What I think the problem is, is that I keep loading the save state that still thinks I have a save file on the menu screen I haven't erased. Does anyone know how to fix this? The fate of the after game portion of my walkthrough depends on it and I really hope I'm not screwed here. Another weird thing about this is that the in-game save I erased WAS part of this playthrough I'm having problems on so it DID save fine at one point.

Back