• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Community Red Blue Remastered Project

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 4, 2016
Discord invite url: https://discord.gg/sgaBNJh
Repo: https://github.com/wisejustin/Red-Blue-Remastered

Hello community, I Was wondering if anyone would be interested in working together to re create Red/Blue (With Johto Postgame) to commemorate the Gen Ones 20 year anniversary (but with better post game)
What i see this project as:
-Entirely Re Scripted Kanto
-Leaf/Red sprites (OW and Backsprites)
-Original E4 Members
-Blue as rival (could carry over to johto when beaten in kanto e4? or could keep silver as johto rival?)
-Re Created lost maps IE: Currulean cave, saffari zone, cinnibar island
-Lance in Kanto's story to lead up to E4 (kinda like how gen 2 did it)
-Giovanni as gym leader (and team rocket story)
-Team Rocket kanto story
Optional: (But i personally want to be added)
-Johto Postgame
-Way to pick one Johto starter (like ORAS did with stephen asking about stones red blue green)
-way to trade wirelessly (gameyob emulator works for me but thats flashcart to flashcart so not really needed to be worked on)
-Mt Silver Update (Like a new boss trainer? or a trainer thats in the story like blue? maybe the opposite sex rival?)
-Gender Based Rival (say i pick male, rival will be female and vise versa, so 2 rivals blue and the gender opposite)
-A Battle Tower implemented to rebattle updated gyms Kanto and Johto tiers
-Roaming Kanto Birds instead of Johto Dogs
-Gold/silver in Johto Postgame main story
-Prof Elm Gives Johto Starter after beating E4 (first time into johto)
-Breeding staying in goldenrod
-Running shoes
-Bike in currulean
If anyone is interested i would love help, ive had a few mock ups of this that Mateo has helped me on and a few others but i never really had time to finish, let alone learn much about rom hacking, i have basic knowledge, not enough to do much on my own though, thats why i want this to be a community project, anyone can pitch in and whoever does i want the endgame credits to be everyone whos worked on the game! so it would basically give credit to skeetendo as a whole not just one person. comment and let me know what you think, add ideas,ect ect, i would love for this to progress and i would love to see this as a finished rom hack.

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2023
I was just thinking of this too! My ultimate DREAM is to have a game that has a full-sized Kanto from GenI, with Johto from Gen II
One thing I did not like was how Kanto was made much smaller to save cartridge space in GenII, but for HeartGold and SoulSilver they once again made Kanto smaller, which makes no sense because obviously we could fit the full-sized Kanto map from FireRed in there.

If I had to go about this, I would hack G/S/C because it has most of the features already implemented: the day/night cycle, 251 of the Pokemon, and both areas to explore.

I don't know anything about ROM hacking but I would find a way to make Kanto's GenII map the same size as GenI. And then find a way to get some of the interiors back into the game: Viridian Forest, making Mt. Moon and Diglett's Cave bigger, SilphCo, Rocket Corner, SeaFoam Islands, Victory Road. Can anyone here tell me a full list of interiors that were removed in GenII for Kanto?

Extra things that were in Gen II (Mt Moon Square) should be added into the GenI Map like Mateo did with Red++

I think fixing and adding a few parts of the Kanto map for GenII would be much less time-consuming than adding an entire new Johto to Gen I, let alone adding a new area, adding the train, and 100 more Pokemon and updating the moveset, and a whole bunch of other things.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
This is a good idea since i consider the Gen 1 pokemons the best looking and im looking for a Gen 1 pokemon game with with Gen 4 Physical and Special attack feature.
Mega evolutions for Gen 1 would be a great idea as well.
I myself dont have any knowledge on hacking/modding/coding etc but maybe i could help with ideas.

IronElephant

Trainer
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 15, 2016
Get in touch with the guy making Pokémon Heart Red. Either way, I would love to see a remastered red and blue.

Kabocha❤

Feeling sleepy...
Years
Sigh, the reason why GSCHGSS made Kanto smaller was because Kanto was a bonus, something to do after beating the main game. Hacking any of the GB/C games is a terrible idea, if you really want to make this hack, work with Emerald. It has everything the older games have, along with many features of its own, not to mention it looks graphically better and how much easier it is to hack. This is too much work for a group of newbies anyways, so I advise you take it down a notch and make a simpler hack.

Back