Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old 3 Weeks Ago (11:15 AM).
Kyo Razorblade Wolf
Goofball

Location: In my house, In my state, in my country, on my continent, on my planet
Nature: Calm
Have you thought about having an optional patch to remove the colored text the npcs speak?

I don't know, having the girls speak red while boys speak blue always seemed sort of pointless addition to me.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (10:03 PM).
RichterSnipes
Simpleton

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by Kyo Razorblade Wolf:
Have you thought about having an optional patch to remove the colored text the npcs speak?

I don't know, having the girls speak red while boys speak blue always seemed sort of pointless addition to me.
Seeing as it's nonstandard for the rest of the series, and all other RPGs in general, I could definitely see myself including this. Right now, though, I wouldn't want it forced on people who want the rest of the stuff from the Extras patch. I wouldn't want to include it as its own patch, either, as that's something that people can add to their hacks on their own without much of a hassle. Only if I split every part of the Extras patch into its own patch would I consider doing that...but then I'd have an unruly amount of files to deal with.

I really need to learn how to create a patching program. That, or get help from someone who can do that. At this point, I feel including one is long overdue, and I feel terrible for not having one.

Who says hacks have to radically changes things up from their base games?
Red doesn't necessarily think so. He's literally spinning in circles thinking of a "definitive" version of his adventure in Kanto!
Want to see what he has in mind? Click him for a throwback worth experiencing!
Old 3 Weeks Ago (11:25 AM).
yaya0
は真優勝

I am using other patches in addition to yours and I found, to my annoyance, that your latest patch in combination with mine crashes on getting the Running Shoes. Did you change anything to do with that?

Black: 4384 2214 8123
White: 2451 4209 5117

Blaze Black:
0733 5921 9828
Old 3 Weeks Ago (01:29 PM).
RichterSnipes
Simpleton

Quote originally posted by yaya0:
I am using other patches in addition to yours and I found, to my annoyance, that your latest patch in combination with mine crashes on getting the Running Shoes. Did you change anything to do with that?
The only thing I changed concerning the Running Shoes was that you can now run indoors. A quick test on my end shows no problems with obtaining them.

Red doesn't necessarily think so. He's literally spinning in circles thinking of a "definitive" version of his adventure in Kanto!
Old 3 Weeks Ago (05:59 AM).
yaya0
は真優勝

In other words, my patch (not yours) is the problem. I was able to switch to version 3.8.3 and get the Running Shoes, then switch back.

Black: 4384 2214 8123
White: 2451 4209 5117

Blaze Black:
0733 5921 9828
Old 3 Weeks Ago (11:52 AM).
RichterSnipes
Simpleton

Quote originally posted by yaya0:
In other words, my patch (not yours) is the problem. I was able to switch to version 3.8.3 and get the Running Shoes, then switch back.
That may or may not be the case. All I know is that my patch is not the problem. It could be a whole host of other issues, not necessarily your patch.

Old 1 Week Ago (04:27 AM).
Deokishisu
Mr. Magius

Nature: Relaxed
Is the sound effect that plays when the player jumps over a ledge included?

Amazing work, by the way! My nostalgia is at full blast whenever I play around with this. Thanks!
Old 1 Week Ago (08:08 AM).
cakeisgreat

I have an issue to report.

I am currently trying to play v3.90 of this rom hack, and have tried to patch it onto a FireRed BPRE 1.0 with Multipatch. However when I try patching it, it comes up with "failed to apply patch" error. Can anyone help?
Old 6 Days Ago (11:56 AM).
link491

Quote originally posted by cakeisgreat:
I have an issue to report.

I am currently trying to play v3.90 of this rom hack, and have tried to patch it onto a FireRed BPRE 1.0 with Multipatch. However when I try patching it, it comes up with "failed to apply patch" error. Can anyone help?
What you want to do is use Lips (Lunar ips) to patch a clean version of fire red BPRE 1.0, this should work flawlessly.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links