• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Solar And Lunar Editions, Rm2k

It's official:the new CBS will be the "official" one. Should I personalize/improve it

• Yes, give it a custom flair

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • No, the standard is perfect

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters

usami

biohazard
Years
  • Age 33
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 5, 2021
yah i dont mind if you use them thats why i told you i put them in my topic.

MissingChu

aka d3ad connection
Years
hello

I'm back! When will the site be up? Edit: and, DarkMage, at your first post The Enter Hero Name, it doesn't work in the English RM2k. Do you have the patch?

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Patch

I'm still waiting on my friend to give me the "story" part of the game... I'm doing mostly the custom systems and hard stuff. So, it shouldn't be too long before the demo and site is up. Sooo, the patch. I can't remember where I got it, so if I find the link, I'll let you know. Also, if I can't find it, I might be able to locate it on my computer and send it to you.

The only other alternative is to use RM2K3 (2003) translated by RPG Advocate where the Enter Hero Name comes fixed. Good luck!

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
hey Darkmage, could you if you can,
attach a file with all the coding you've done?
And is there a way of fixing the problem
when the letters run together?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years

*believes that there's never a need to triple post... as there's the infamous edit button*
*believes that NO ONE should use rm2k3... try looking up stuff on Don Miguel and witness the pain...*

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Daegon_Kimeron > If you download the game and open it in RM2K(3) you can look at the coding. In the meantime, I'm writing a tutorial for all the complicated aspects that go into making a decent Pokemon game. If you can't understand it by looking at it, just wait for the tutorial. And to fix the font, download the following attatchment. It is the font fix for RM2K

Frostweaver > If you look at the dates the posts were posted, you can see the first two in the long chain of three is inexcuseable. They were on the same day on a similar topic. There, I concede defeat, frostweaver. However, the third post was four days after and totally unrelated, in my eyes justifying its existence. So don't be going around and imposing your beliefs on others, especially when they are totally impractical.

As for RM2K3, you raise a highly controversial part that I really don't want to argue right now, so I'm going to leave it as simply as I can: Technically, I am using none of the features that can only be found in RM2K3, so there are no problems opening it in RM2k. That is the only way in this situation I can respect the delicate legal balance between RM2K and RM2K3 because, as I mentined in some of my previous posts, this project is a collaboration between a friend and myself. Since my friend uses RM2K3, I am using it too to avoid compatibility issues. We're having enough trouble as it is getting it all together, so lets not be making crude assumptions, frostweaver.

Now that my little rant is through, thanks for playing my game. I'm looking forward to feedback.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Darkmage, thanks for the patch but it
didn't work. I've tried the demo and it's really good!
But for the battle system, why don't you create a common event
(First pokemon thing) so that it brings out the second
member of your party (1: trainer 2~4: pokemon) like me.
However, this limits the pokemon you have.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
???

Daegon_Kimeron > The way I am working it is slightly different. If you have the pkmn in your rm2k party he's the one being sent to battle. So, the party would be
1. Trainer
2. First PKMN in lineup
and the other pkmn in your party would be set by variables and common events. So, if I were to set Umbreon as my first pkmn to be sent to battle, I would add him to my rm2k party.

Shining Arcanine >
Btw, I wonder if you realize that this is illegal... Nintendo shut down the last attempt at this.
Would you kindly specify exactly what I am doing that is illegal? Making an unofficial pokemon fangame?

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
I think SA is talking about PIO, a Pokemon Mass Multiplayer RPG which Nintendo threatened to sue. I'll download the demo ASAP. I jsut got to do some things first.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Well this isn't a MMORPG, just an unofficial fangame, so I don't see what's so bad about it. Enlighten me, Shining Arcanine.

I just finished the Trainer Card part of the menue system. It's a direct rip, so it looks perfect! Maybe this coming weekend I'll update the demo and put the RPG_RT.exe in the same package! It looks really good!

It has just come to attention that occasionally with so many of you guys downloading my site is exceding its bandwidth limit. If when you try to view the site and you get the following message, just come back in a few hours:

Temporarily Unavailable

The Tripod page you are trying to reach has exceeded its hourly bandwidth limit. The site will be available again in 2 hours!

Thank you!

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Last edited:

Daniel-Son

Ooh.. Flashy
Years
Wow thats great, another demo. Now I got the feeling I'm coming back to PC more often :)

I know there's a new demo coming this weekend but I really wanted to play your current demo now, but when I finished D/L it, it says I don't have permission to open the file. Do you know why this happens?!?
I hope it's not my computer, if it is I can't play it!

Last edited:
Back