• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Defeat the Elite Four & Champion with 1 Pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Defeat the Elite Four + the Champion with just 1 Pokemon! Can you do it? How many times? Under what circumstances? With what Pokemon, on what Leagues? Have you done it before?
Here, we can have some sort of a database-challenge crossover of soloing the Elite Four & Champion.

Rules:
-You may bring only 1 Pokemon. You cannot bring any other Pokemon, even if it's just to switch in so you can use an item. This is not allowed; only 1 Pokemon may be brought. The others must not be in your party at all, but in your box.
-Items are allowed to be used. But, as previously stated, you may not bring other Pokemon to use so you can heal. (This also means Revives will be useless, as you can't use them without at least a 2nd Pokemon.) If you use items, please say so.
-You must do so in one setting; no saving in between trainers. If you do save, it will not count. This is to prevent people from saving before, and losing over and over until they win. This is not allowed. You must defeat them all in a row without losing. No saving in-between members. Be honest here.
-No cheating, and/or hacking (*view last sentance as well). This means all Pokemon must be legit, along with moves and stats. Gameplay cheats such as speed enhancements, etc. are requested to not be used. (Emulators are not prefered and are discouraged.) Traded Pokemon, of course, are allowed (and so is migrating); but Pokemon obtained via hacking are not allowed to be used. Please be honest here.
-Despite the no hacking rule, you can hack in a different Pokemon as a starter @ level 5, this is allowed. It will, though, instead be registered in the hacked section.
-For the Kanto (FireRed+LeafGreen), Johto (HeartGold+SoulSilver), Sinnoh (Platinum), and Unova, it would be the 2nd time through, the rematch. So that would be after the Sevii Islands, after 16 badges, and after obtaining the National Pokedex respectively. The 1st time through doesn't count.
-You may only enter 2 times per pokemon per region. So you can't enter with 5 Venusaurs on the Sinnoh league. The 2 that will count will be your best one with and without items.

Format to Submit:
-Tell your username: Poke Communtiy and in-game.
-Tell what Pokemon you won with.
-Tell which Elite Four and Champion you beat (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova).
-Tell what game you did it with.
-Tell the level of the Pokemon used.
-Tell if your Pokemon was hacked in or obtained legitly.
-Tell if items were used or not.

Notes:
-This is only the Elite Four and Champion, not the Gyms.
-Remeber, items can be used, as long as one Pokemon is taken. If they are, please say so.
-You aren't allowed to give your Pokemon a held item if doing it without items. However, if your Pokemon has an ability or move that allows it to obtain an item while still within the Elite Four & Champion and without you giving it anything, than it may use that. But only held items your Pokemon has gained within the battles, not that you've given to it, may be used.
-Fill in the submit format if you want to be listed, or you may not.
-Feel free to elaborate on your miny adventure, and tell how it went.
-Remember, this is for the 2nd time only with Kanto (FireRed+LeafGreen), Johto (HeartGold+SoulSilver), Sinnoh (Platinum), and Unova.
-Let's see how many Pokemon we get beat them with! They will be listed in National Pokedex order.
-Emulators are strongly discouraged. The only reason emulators are allowed at all is because some of the older games' batteries may have died, so that the save battery doesn't work and such. In those cases only I'd allow people to use an emulator that is an exact copy of the official game. But it is still requested that they aren't used.
-I may ask to confirm certain things before entering you,
-Please be honest.
-Good luck.

-----
Legitly obtained Pokemon

Kanto
Charizard (1) [1 - Jobrjo/JOBRJO ; Lv. 100 ; Items used ; FireRed]
Blastoise (1) [1 - The Opera Ghost/ADAM ; Lv. 96 ; Items used ; Red]

Johto
Alakazam (1) [1 - myrrhman/ZERO ; Lv. 86-87 ; Items not used ; Silver]
Gengar (1) [1 - myrrhman/A ; Lv. 66-69 ; Items Used ; Silver]
Dragonite (1) [1 - MDL/ZACHARY ; Lv. 84-87 ; Items used ; SoulSilver]
Meganium (1) [1 - myrrhamn/A ; Lv. 52-57 ; Items used ; Gold]
Xatu (1) [1 - myrrhman/A ; Lv. 64-67 ; Items used ; Gold]
Bellossom (1) [1 - bewbs/CHLOBO ; Lv. 100 ; Items used ; SoulSilver]
Politoed (1) [1 - myrrhman/A ; Lv. 56-60 ; Items used ; Gold]

Hoenn
Blaziken (1) [1- adrianyogi/ADRIAN ; Lv. 100 ; Items used ; Sapphire]
Swampert (1) [1 - Mockingjay/JESSI ; Lv. 96 ; Items used ; Ruby]

Sinnoh

Unova
Ninetales (1) [1 - bewbs/WHOPPI ; Lv. 100 ; Items used ; Black]
Meganium (1) [1 - bewbes/WHOPPI ; Lv. 100 ; Items used ; Black]
Eelektross (1) [1 - bewbs/WHOPPI ; Lv. 92-97 ; Items used ; Black]

----------

Hacked-in Pokemon

Kanto
Snorlax (1) [1 - myrrhman/BLACK ; Lv. 75-77 ; Items used ; Red]

Johto
Blastoise (1) [1 - The Opera Ghost/ADAM ; Lv. 76-78 ; Items used ; Crystal]

Hoenn
Golduck (1) [1 - Buzz Buzz/HAN ; Lv. 69-72 ; Items used ; Ruby]

Sinnoh

Unova

----------
In regards to being similar to the solo run thread:
1) This is not a solo-run. People can beat the game with a complete Pokedex if they want. This is really something for them to do after the game is complete. This is just and only for beating the Elite Four & Champion.
2) It's more than a challenge. A challenge is for beating the game. This is more of something to do afterwards; something to train your Pokemon for. This will also serve as a database, so someone can go, "Oh, someone beat the Johto League with a Venusaur! Let me train up my Blastoise and see if I can do the same!" and such. They may try to do it with the same Pokemon, but with lower levels or no items. The possiblities are immense. It would be great if we could try to beat them all with each Pokemon- who knows how far we could get!

Basically, this is largely an end-game quest; something to do after having beat the game. It also serves as a compendium, as well as a place where people can attempt to top someone else. It's almost like a mini-challenge.

Last edited:
Years
Allow me to go ahead and address this. I will also add to the OP.
1) This is not a solo-run. People can beat the game with a complete Pokedex if they want. This is really something for them to do after the game is complete. This is just and only for beating the Elite Four & Champion.
2) It's more than a challenge. A challenge is for beating the game. This is more of something to do afterwards; something to train your Pokemon for. This will also serve as a database, so someone can go, "Oh, someone beat the Johto League with a Charizard! Let me train up my Blastoise and see if I can do the same!" and such. It would be great if we could try to beat them all with each Pokemon- who knows how far we could get!
Basically, this is largely an end-game quest; something to do after having beat the game. It also serves as a compendium, as well as a place where people can attempt to top someone else. It's almost like a mini-challenge.

The Doctor

What!?
Years
Oh Sure yeah I'll try this man, seems simple enough to do. Um, lets see. I'll do it on RED ( if i can find my save ) with Blastoise and on Johto with Blastoise. I'll post pics after it, note that I done it as a solo run ages ago so I'll try it again.

Red Completed.

Last edited:
Years
Oh Sure yeah I'll try this man, seems simple enough to do. Um, lets see. I'll do it on RED ( if i can find my save ) with Blastoise and on Johto with Blastoise. I'll post pics after it, note that I done it as a solo run ages ago so I'll try it again.

Red Completed.
NeVerMind... I was wrong lol.

Last edited:

Joshawott

Banned
Years
Interesting idea for a thread! I've actually managed to do this twice as far as I can remember, both of which were done during a solo run (hey, that rhymed!) Anyhow, here are my submission forms:

PokéCommunity Username: Joshawott
In-Game Username: Josh
Pokémon: Pidgey
League: Kanto/Johto
Game: SoulSilver
Level: 76
Items: Used

Pokémon: Shinx
League: Sinnoh
Game: Platinum
Level: 80

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Just out of curiosity, are HM slaves allowed if you can't go through an area without a certain HM your Poke of choice can't learn?

Years
Interesting idea for a thread! I've actually managed to do this twice as far as I can remember, both of which were done during a solo run (hey, that rhymed!) Anyhow, here are my submission forms:

Pokémon: Pidgey
Level: 76

Pokémon: Shinx
League: Sinnoh
Game: Platinum
Level: 80
Haha, thanks :) I'll add yours, but 1st I need to confirm some things. Just curios, do you stick with just 1st stages or something? I find it interesting that you beat them with 1st stage evolutions, as well as with such levels. Care to share how you did it? Also, in both cases, this is after beating them the 2nd time, right (after getting all 16 badges and after obtaining the National Pokedex; each one respectivly)? I find it quite... wow-ing that you can beat an Elite Four & Champion who have levels from 50s-70s with just a level 76 Pidgey. Remember, this is exclusivly for the 2nd time! I'm not saying it's impossible, I jusr finding extremely... difficult.
P.S. assuming your name is Josh, so is mine :)

Just out of curiosity, are HM slaves allowed if you can't go through an area without a certain HM your Poke of choice can't learn?
Is there such a situation? I'm not aware. If so, then yes; it would be allowed soley to use the HM. However, you could not switch it in, even to use a Revive or something. If you do so, you'd automatically be disqualified.

Last edited:

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
PokéCommunity Username: Bewbs
In-Game Username: Chlobo
Pokémon: Bellossom
Level: 100
Items: Used. Bellossom held leftovers and I also used a lot of x battle items. Full restores and pp healers were also used.

Move set
~ Sunny Day
~ Solar Beam
~ Sleep Powder
~ Synthesis [egg move]

The hardest was Koga because of the type disadvantages. Will was probably the easiest and Bruno and Karen weren't too bad. I had lots of fun battling Lance. I loved doing this challenge, the highlight for me was when my Bellossom OHKO'd Lance's Garchomp. I might not have needed Sunny Day because I honestly used up all of my x battle items. Those x battle items made the difference between winning and losing. It was an act of impulse really.

Years
PokéCommunity Username: Bewbs
In-Game Username: Chlobo
Pokémon: Bellossom
Level: 100
Items: Used. Bellossom held leftovers and I also used a lot of x battle items. Full restores and pp healers were also used.

Move set
~ Sunny Day
~ Solar Beam
~ Sleep Powder
~ Synthesis [egg move]

The hardest was Koga because of the type disadvantages. Will was probably the easiest and Bruno and Karen weren't too bad. I had lots of fun battling Lance. I loved doing this challenge, the highlight for me was when my Bellossom OHKO'd Lance's Garchomp. I might not have needed Sunny Day because I honestly used up all of my x battle items. Those x battle items made the difference between winning and losing. It was an act of impulse really.
Alright, your registered! Interesting story, I'm sure you needed those PP items lol.
But just to make sure, this IS the 2nd time, correct? After you've obtained all 16 badges. I assume so, seeing you have a level 100.

So is this a community wide event type thing to try to beat all the leagues with all the Pokemon? If so then I'll do my part. Regardless, I have a video of my Snorlax solo, the part you're interested in is about 2:13 on.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll_Q5qgExsk
I'm currently unable to visit youtube on this computer. So I can't update yours now (unless you enter the submit format), but I can later once I get to another computer. You aren't forgotten!

Last edited:

Joshawott

Banned
Years
Haha, thanks :) I'll add yours, but 1st I need to confirm some things. Just curios, do you stick with just 1st stages or something? I find it interesting that you beat them with 1st stage evolutions, as well as with such levels. Care to share how you did it? Also, in both cases, this is after beating them the 2nd time, right (after getting all 16 badges and after obtaining the National Pokedex; each one respectivly)? I find it quite... wow-ing that you can beat an Elite Four & Champion who have levels from 50s-70s with just a level 76 Pidgey. Remember, this is exclusivly for the 2nd time! I'm not saying it's impossible, I jusr finding extremely... difficult.
P.S. assuming your name is Josh, so is mine :)

Correct, because in using the first stage of a Pokémon the difficulty level is cranked way up. As for how I did, it more or less came down to strategy (well, that and the use of x items). As for your other question, sort of. I beat the Elite Four both respective times with Pidgey, but sadly, not with Shinx (Bertha was next to impossible).

Years
Correct, because in using the first stage of a Pokémon the difficulty level is cranked way up. As for how I did, it more or less came down to strategy (well, that and the use of x items). As for your other question, sort of. I beat the Elite Four both respective times with Pidgey, but sadly, not with Shinx (Bertha was next to impossible).
Wow... that's amazing, haha. May I ask, what was your Pidgey moves? That's very, very impressive.
Also, as I said, only the 2nd time counts. So Shinx will not be entered, sorry. But still, your Pidgey feat is rather amazing :O
Congragulations!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Is there such a situation? I'm not aware. If so, then yes; it would be allowed soley to use the HM. However, you could not switch it in, even to use a Revive or something. If you do so, you'd automatically be disqualified.

Well Pokes such as Blastoise can't learn Cut to get to the Dark Cave and into Lavender Town in Kanto and Sceptile and Blaziken can't learn Surf to get to Mossdeep and Sootopolis City to name a few situations like that but it's good to know that HM slaves are allowed if only to get across otherwise inaccessible areas.

Years
Well Pokes such as Blastoise can't learn Cut to get to the Dark Cave and into Lavender Town in Kanto and Sceptile and Blaziken can't learn Surf to get to Mossdeep and Sootopolis City to name a few situations like that but it's good to know that HM slaves are allowed if only to get across otherwise inaccessible areas.
It appears you have a significant misunderstanding of this challenge :)
This isn't for beating the game. This is solely and only for beating the Elite Four & Champion. You can bring 100 Pokemon with you on your adventure if you wish. However, this challenge is specifically for the Elite Four & Champion. It's almost something to do post-game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
This isn't for beating the game. This is soely and only for beating the Elite Four & Champion. You can bring 100 Pokemon with you on your adventure if you wish. However, this challenge is specifically for the Elite Four & Champion. It's almost something to do post-game.

OIC, was thinking that this was meant to be an entire run with only one Poke tbh. Still sounds interesting, I'll get around to this by the time I can find a copy of Emerald again.

Years
I got a question before I started this. If I want to do this without items, can I use a hold item regardless?

Good question. I just added this to the notes~vvvvvvvvvvvv
You aren't allowed to give your Pokemon a held item if doing it without items. However, if your Pokemon has an ability or move that allows it to gain an item while still within the Elite Four & Champion and without you giving it anything, than it may use that. But only held items your Pokemon has gained within the battles, not that you've given to it, may be used.

Last edited:
Years
Um. No

That is what we call a VIDEO, it easily shows everything you need to know.
Oh... well I was using the same computer that couldn't view youtube. I'll view it now, thanks.

Edit 1: Alright, I saw it. However, how did you make it go so fast? Remember: "Abosolutely no cheating and/or hacking. This means all Pokemon must be legit, along with moves and stats. Trading, of course, is allowed (and so is migrating); but Pokemon obtained via hacking are not allowed to be used. Please be honest here."
I'll let it slide now, but from here on out speed enhancers are also illegal.

I'll get to your as well myrrhman.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back