• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I know this probably isn't very simple if possible, but is there any way to edit the battle animations in Ruby? Mainly, I want to edit signature moves only used by one Pokemon which, in my hack, have been replaced. I already know how to edit everything but the animations. Specifically, I want to edit the animations for Mist Ball, Luster Purge, Doom Desire, and Ice Ball.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I believe that you were able to get it in R/S/E, as though you could put it on that white stone in mosdeep city.
But I'm not sure, since it's not noted on the items list comming with XSE.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
I believe that you were able to get it in R/S/E, as though you could put it on that white stone in mosdeep city.
But I'm not sure, since it's not noted on the items list comming with XSE.

Ahh, were you watching this video? Or speaking of this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JbmJJmbDds

If so, that item is just something that a rom hacker made for a created event in the game. It doesnt exist in a real pokemon game.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
No, I've never even seen that video.
But I guess you're right. It's so long since I've played R/S/E.
The reason is just that I need it for a script, so that I can use it for a Jirachi event.
I guess I need to make that item myself then x3.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2011
I searched and couldn't find the answer.

I was testing my rom hack and I remembered that you don't have the pokemon or pokedex part of the menu bar right away. (Leafgreen hack)

How do you make those menu bar options appear? (edit: probably a scripting question)

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I searched and couldn't find the answer.

I was testing my rom hack and I remembered that you don't have the pokemon or pokedex part of the menu bar right away. (Leafgreen hack)

How do you make those menu bar options appear? (edit: probably a scripting question)

Use either or both of the following commands:
Code:
setflag FR_PKMNMENU
setflag FR_POKEDEX

..Beyond

Cut your losses.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 29, 2014
For ROM Hacking programs, I suggest using Windows XP, anything over 1GB of RAM will be plenty, and a 320GB Hard drive will be WAY more than you need.

ROM Hacking apps don't need very heavy system requirements. But if you want to emulate DS games, you'll need a better system.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Well Darthatron answered the first part of your question good enough so about the second, Im guessing your having problems with patching Flora Sky because you dont have the right base. You need the "Pokemon Emerald TrashMan" rom. Google would be your best friend for that matter.

I appreciate the clarification. I'll look that up.

You need to emulate Windows to get XSE or Advance Map working. WINE can do the job perfectly well.

I'm looking at the WINE site, but I'm a little confused as to which one I should be downloading for Mac. Can you tell me specifically which version I should be looking for?

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
How many different grassy patch animations can I put into my hack?

Actually, I want to have the same animation, but three different palettes for the grass (snowy, normal etc...). Can I do this, and if so, how?

Thanks.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
How many different grassy patch animations can I put into my hack?

Actually, I want to have the same animation, but three different palettes for the grass (snowy, normal etc...). Can I do this, and if so, how?

Thanks.

You can only use one palette without hacking the games engine with ASM. Needless to say, it's no easy task. Though it has been done before. I think it was colcolstyles, though I don't think he will give out the code.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PuhblRrXqw

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2011
Out of curiosity, how did you try to use those commands?

#org $script
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1200
if 0x01 goto $done
message $talk
$talk 1 = I got you an Eevee for your\n birthday. Be responsible!
boxset 6
givepokemon 133 5 0x8B
setflag 0x1200
setflag FR_PKMNMENU
setflag FR_POKEDEX
applymovement 1 $move
$move 1 ; #binary 0x12 0xFE
pausemove 0x0000

I'm kinda newbie. KINDA.
But that's the only script I can't get right. Do I have to put in boxset or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back