• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

✜ CHECKMATE : redux (OOC)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Is it okay for me to put this here for now? The first post isn't done yet, but i wanted to have the rest here XD

Looks good so far! You may put up what you've got and fill it in later, I did that too ^^ Just let me know when you are done so that I won't miss it.

I notice the three of us so far have included pets. ;);) This can be a good thing. Definitely. Because there is a certain thing happening in Act "0" where a pet fits really well. You may also do it without a pet. But. Most people are too cool to have any dead family members laying around in convenient urns, right?​

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Oh poo, Limanya's post just remimded me. I forgot to mention that Vinnie plays the electric guitar. Ill just sorta stick that in his interests if nobody minds....

@Vato: Nice song! Moonsetter is the better Sunslammer, IMO. But nothing can touch Coolkid or Clockstopper :P Fuschia ruler is pretty cool too, and Orange Hat. (okay im gonna stop now or we'll be here for ages)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
.personal specifications
✜ Name: Adrian Smidth
✜ Gender: Male
✜ Color: Green
✜ Class: SMITH
✜ Age: 15​

.home situation
% House:
Just another square shaped two stories house plus a basement and an overly tended to garden on a long, dull street in Brisbane, Australia. The outer walls are white but blue color lines the windows.
On the bottom floor is a big hallway with a staircase, a huge living room, a kitchen, a water closet and a room where Mrs Smidth keeps a lot of junk, as Adrian puts it.
On the upper floor are three bedrooms, a bigger bathroom and a smaller living room.
In the basement is a room with washing machines, a room with garden tools and stuff and a door leading to the garden via small stairs outside, as well as a room where Mr Smidth keeps a lot of junk, as Adrian once again puts it.

% Family:
Mother, father and two older twin sisters. Plus a pet bunny.​

.leitmotif
# General theme:
Crystalanthology (http://homestuck.bandcamp.com/track/crystalanthology)​

.good personality traits
+ Alert
Adrian is never really lazy, dozing off or easy to sneak by or lie to. Coupled with his suspicion, this makes him a person who is as good as always ready to get going and take action.​
+ Diplomatic
Adrian seeking approval from others has developed into him striving to make peace between others whenever there is dispute, to try and make everyone happy. He really doesn't like getting into verbal fights.​
+ Wild and rapid imagination
One way of dealing with unhappiness with oneself is to flee into imaginary worlds inside your mind. Adrian does this a lot and is therefore "trained" to see unpredictable possibilities where others see hopelessness.​

.bad personality traits
- Suspicious
Since he sometimes fakes his own intentions and interests, Adrian has become suspicious of that others might do the same. He thus has a bit of trouble trusting people, even if acts friendly on most occasions.​
- Tendency to worry about anything
There might not be any scientific explanation for it, but Adrian gets easily stressed up and worries about things that are about to happen, or just might happen. Luckily, this doesn't make him narrow minded but rather heightens his alertness more.​
- Low self esteem
What it all boils down to. Adrian has grown up as a friend to some really rad dudes but as a teenager he has troubles when he begins to realize that his interests aren't really the same as theirs. He wonders if there is something wrong with him and does his best to keep up the belief that he is really one of the cool skater dudes and not a dreamy superherogeeky bunny lover.​

.interests and hobbies
¤ Skateboarding
This is one of those things he has been doing forever. He used to be really great at manuevering the board, but ever since he started doubting himself and if he really was as cool as he acted around his friends, the board hasn't really been cooperating...​
¤ Superheroes
In younger days, he and his friends used to read comic books and collect toys together, but now the others have put that behind them. Adrian wished that he had too, but he still keeps his figurines and action toys on shelves in his room. He has watched every superhero movie and is fascinated by their stories and powers. Especially Thor. Who was also a god. Just, wow.​
¤ Animals, especially bunnies
Adrian likes most animals, but his mother is afraid of cats and his sisters dislike dogs and his father doesn't think animals without fur is worth having so a couple of years ago they got a bunny for the boy to shut him up. He is black and named Jet. He has long ears and large feet and is somewhat of a jerk and annoying at times. At other times, he is Adrian's shoulder to cry on.​
¤ Playing the drums
A little under a year ago when Adrian's feelings were about to boil over, his sisters were unexpectedly friendly and hinted that their dancing was partially to take their mind off troubling things and that he should try to learn an instrument or something. Adrian bought some bongo drums and later got a whole drumset on his birthday. The whole Smidth family has since regretted this, because even if playing does make Adrian more relaxed, he isn't really bearable to listen to yet.​

.appearance
Adrian Smidth is around 180cm tall and weighs a bit less than his mother thinks he should. He's definitely closer to being skinny than being the least bit fat. His hair is sandy blonde and seems to have an eternal wavy out-of-bed look. It's not like he puts a lot of effort into it, the salty sea breeze just makes his hair look like this. His eyes are big with a soft blue color, which does seem gray in daylight but might gleam greenishly in dim light. Eyes you want to trust. At least until you see how rushed and worried he often gets. Other than that, his face is friendly and somewhat boyish, with just the slightest tint of a goatee springing up. In one of his ears, he wears a golden ring. Mostly to look cool, and he often fiddles with it when he's in deep thought or feeling stressed up.

Since he's an avid skateboarder, his physique is moderately good without being really muscular. He's not the one to train for the sake of training, even though he sometimes worries about not being healthy enough. His usual choice of clothing is rather skinny jeans and long sleeved t-shirts, preferably ones with bright pastel colors. For no particular reason other than it makes him look strangely confident, which mostly helps himself calm down. Often, he wears gray or beige hood shirts on top of that.

This is, kind of, him, ish. But Adrian has a softer face in my mind:
Spoiler:

.first post

Spoiler:

Last edited:

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
Years
Name: Rachel Lee
Color: Purple
Class: Mage

Home: A small house in Queens, NY.
Family: Mother, father, and pet ball python named Reggie.
Theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkfPvJQAaIE

Good personality traits: Rachel is a girl who loves to entertain others, and is pretty good at cheering people up. She never takes herself too seriously. She is a great improviser, so she can adapt to new situations fairly well. Her mind is creative and clever, so she can come up with unusual answers to tough problems. She doesn't discriminate, and treats everyone as individuals.

Bad personality traits: Rachel always wants to be acknowledged, not necessarily in the spotlight, but she prefers to be, and she gets irritated if she's ignored. She also has a hard time being honest about her emotions, both to others and herself. She procrastinates on everything, even things she enjoys. She is an awful swimmer, and has an irrational fear of geese.

Interests and hobbies: Rachel's main passion is theatre. She's been acting ever since elementary school, and even though it started out as small class skits, her love for it carried through to bigger performances. While all genres of theatre appeal to her, she adores musical comedy. She also just likes music in general, not caring what genre it is. While she can sing pretty well, she doesn't play any instruments, unless you count the kazoo. She also enjoys all types of fiction, whether it is a mystery novel, a sci-fi movie, or magical girl anime. She plays games as well, and while it's usually board games, she does enjoy RPGs. The only sport she participates in is fencing, and while she's not that great at it, she still does it because it's cool.

Appearance: Rachel is a third generation American-born Chinese, so while she looks Asian, she doesn't really think of herself as such. She has long black hair that reaches her mid back. She typically keeps it tied up in a bun to keep it out of the way. Her skin is tan, and usually doesn't burn, but can if she isn't careful. Her eyes are brown, but she likes wearing colored contacts. Her body and height are pretty average, standing at 5'3 and weighing 130 lbs. She only wears make up and jewelry for costumes and special occasions. Her typical attire is pretty boring, since Rachel doesn't try to look fashionable. It's essentially just T-shirts and blue jeans with a light jacket, but when the weather is cold, she likes to wear turtlenecks and oversized pullover hoodies. She wears the same pair of black sneakers every day, usually with colorful socks.

Spoiler:

First post:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I notice three out of four of us so far have put "creative" or "imaginative" as a good personality trait. I just want you to keep in mind to make your character unique! :) Of course, coupled with the other traits, our characters won't really be similar anyways.

@ PsychoJigglypuff - looking good so far! I like the theatrical thing and the fact that she has a snake :D Also, singing could be an instrument of sorts ^^

In some fanverses/interpretations of Homestuck, instruments or singing are pretty important. If everyone does pick an instrument (or singing) we'll see if we can make something of that! Well I already know exactly what we could make of that. So yeah, for those who haven't written your SUs yet, it would be nice if you included an instrument ^^

EDIT: I've just written up my post for ACT 0 / the Entry Phase. It turned out long O.o But it was so much fun to write. I hope I've been giving you enough space to do your own thing but still enough optional direction. You'll see when everyone has signed up so that we can start.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I see! I guessed that :p

So now we wait for Retro and PsychoJigglypuff and one more player to join. I hope you are excited because I'm excited ^^

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
@ Shawn - Neat, no stress :) And I'll be explaning every part of the RP when we get there so no previous knowledge of Homestuck is necessary, but it won't hurt of course.

Actually, why aren't you reading Homestuck yet? I think you'd like the kids and trolls and everyone~

OOC @ everyone - Actually, the start of the RP is already created in your SUs. When you are accepted, please copy the text from the "first post" section in your SU and post it in the IC thread. If you have already been accepted, feel free to make the post whenever you like.

This is part of "Act 0", or the "Entry Phase". Act 1 won't begin until we really, hm, enter the game so to speak :] We won't move on with the next post until 6 players are accepted.

Also, PsychoJigglypuff and Retro Bug, I'd be happy if you wanted to delete your OOC posts in the IC thread :3 I did with mine.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
So putting a terrible skeleton for the time being. So yeah, I'll be joining this with a MALE PRIEST.

EDIT: The SU is done and ready to be reviewed.

Name: Liam Drummond
Color: This color seems good. So "Light Blue."
Class: Priest

Home: Edinburgh, Scotland. It's a two story, suburban home. Three bedrooms and a bathroom on the top floor. Staircase leads down to the entrance/foyer. Ground floor has a living room, a dining room and a kitchen. The backyard has a large porch area. Front yard has a flower beds in the front along with a small front patio built around the entrance. A white fence borders the entire property.
Family: Liam was born in Ireland, but quickly given up for adoption. In an odd twist of fate, a Scottish family decided to adopt him seemingly dispelling the timeless rumor that Irish people and Scottish people just don't get along. Maybe it's because they live in the United Kingdom. Liam now lives in a suburban home outside Ediburgh, one of the largest cities in Scotland with his adoptive mother and father and little sister. While he has no official pets, his mother tends to a bunch of local stray cats by offering food and water to them.
Theme song: Radioactive- Imagine Dragons

Good personality traits:
+ Honest and straightforward
+ Intelligent and fairly clever
+ Witty
+ Exudes strong leadership
+ Eccentric, but not necessarily creative
+ He forgets words every once in a while, which can be cute.
Bad personality traits:
- Cold/unemotional
- Sarcastic
- Arrogant (though this can be a strength as he is confident)
- Picky about pretty much everything
- Over thinks things
- Hates certain words, like "verily."
Interests and hobbies:
-> Sports. Liam is exceptionally active and loves most sports. He doesn't necessarily consider himself a "jock", but has been labelled as such by his peers. His favorite sports include Rugby and Basketball.
-> Collecting. Liam collects…things. His obsession with things comes in waves and has collected: buttons, staplers, rocks, cards and at one point bugs. He has calmed down and has refocused. Now he collects video games and video game memorabilia. He still keeps his old collections though.
-> Social adventures. A broad term to describe the fact that Liam loves to engage in social events, discussions and debates. Especially debating pointless issues like endings to books and video games.
-> Reading. Liam reads just about anything, but has a particular interest in history and mythology.
-> Video games. He's a big time gamer. Let's leave it at that.
-> Japanese anime, manga and culture. He's pretty much obsessed.
-> Making funny voices.

Appearance: Liam's Irish roots are fairly present, and as a result the fact he is adopted is readily present at any family gathering. With his long, fairly wavy blonde hair and blue eyes, he rather sticks out compared to the slightly darker tones (in hair and eyes) of his Scottish surroundings. His bright blue eyes are usually obscured by a pair of glasses. His face has few impurities, though his aversion towards shaving keeps a bit of stubble on his face. Despite being active and outdoors a fair amount, Liam is pale, a trait he blames on his Irish heritage. Liam is also tall, especially for his age standing at 6'2 (188cm) with a thin, yet athletic build coming from his extensive career in sports. Liam has notably long limbs, which is helpful when playing basketball, and suggests he is not done growing yet.

Liam's style of dress is...random at best. Normally, he wears a colorful t-shirt, a pair of blue jeans, an old pair of sneakers and calls it a day (cold weather hardly bothers him so he usually skips putting on a jacket or coat in the morning). However, Liam is known to recognize an occasion and dress up to meet the formalities required of him. He will wear button shirts, ties and dress pants if an situation calls for it, but if he wants to "bum" it out, prepare to see something of a slob. Never fear, Liam is hygienic so he always appears clean and "fresh" (though he hates when you use that word in such a context).

Liam also favors wearing a few accessories, notably leather belts and his fancy rolex watch that his father gave him for his 15th birthday.

First post:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
You are accepted, Raikiri!

Now, go post that first post in the IC thread :) That still goes for Limanya and Lt Col too.

Let's talk about something in the meantime.

What would be the strangest thing to use as a weapon, but could still work?

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Name: Penelope Cruz
Color: Cadmiumlemon | FFE303
Class: Rogue

Home: Nova Scotia, Canada. She lives in a three-story town house. There is at least one bathroom per floor, there is two on the first level and a set of stairs connects each floor. Penelope lives on the second floor in a spacious room that is covered with posters of her favorite bands (One Direction mostly). Her older siblings live in separate rooms on the third floor and she rarely goes up there. The first floor is where the kitchen, dining room, parent's room, and family room are all located at.

Family: Twin older (by three years) siblings, Genevieve and Gavin that mostly stay secluded to their own rooms or in Gavin's case never in his room. Her parents both work odd hours, with her dad being a police officer and her mother being a nurse they're always on call in case danger happens.

Theme Song: Only Girl (In The World) - Rihanna

Good personality traits:
- Upbeat: Penelope's attitude is always in a cheery state, she never lets anything get her down. She really doesn't get the point of being solemn because those people never have any fun. Cheering people up or "infecting" people with her happiness is something she always tries to do. If she can get someone to laugh or just stop thinking about something that's really bugging them then Penelope's even more happy. There's always a pep in her step, Penelope can never sit still, not that she would want to, she's always on the move.

- Trusting: Seeing the good in someone is all Penelope focuses on no matter how many times they've screwed up she feels like people deserve another chance. She has no problem trusting strangers that she has just met, now, she isn't trusting in a way that would leave her dead on the side of the road. If Penelope senses a "goodness" in a person she'll put her faith, time, and effort into being their friend and trying to get to know them. She has no problem disclosing any of her personal information to someone she just met, she finds it refreshing.

- Easy Going: If there's one thing that encompasses Penelope it's her lax nature. She never appears to get angry on the outside, there's always a smile on her face. If anyone were to say anything negative about her she would just shrug it off and then perhaps compliment them for their honesty. Penelope just likes to be around people, she's a very, very social person. Nothing pleases and relaxes her more than talking (in general but) to other people and being around them even if they aren't in the best of moods.

Bad personality traits:
- Flustered: Despite her all her bests efforts Penelope still gets flustered when she cannot get something right. She's not good at working under pressure in a time crunch, because she knows that anything she does will be far from perfect when stressed. That's why she tends to take everything slow and steady so that there won't be any mistakes that will effect her or anything around her as well.

- Stubborn: Going side by side with is her getting flustered is her frequent stubbornness. Penelope doesn't know how to simply ask people for help, she was always told by her father to "suck it up and do it yourself" so that's exactly what she does. She doesn't like airing the troubles she has out there and relying on other people for help. If she can't do it by herself Penelope won't do it at all or if someone has partaken in it she won't share the prize/be happy with her work. This results in Penelope being very hard on herself so she's a little bit of a perfectionist.

Interests and hobbies:
- Cheerleading/Soccer: True to her upbeat, peppy self Penelope's involved herself with cheerleading, mainly because it gave her something to do rather than going home. Though, the one thing Penelope dislikes is that everyone thinks of her as some brainless, vapid person who doesn't know how to be nice to people. For that reason Penelope tends to stray away from the rest of the cheerleading squad, but not much otherwise she'd be outcasted from them. Penelope also plays soccer for her school's team and she believes that she does really well at it eventually enough to get her a scholarship to go play for an University.

- Culture: Penelope is absolutely fascinated by the cultures people live in, especially those from different countries. One day Penelope hopes that she can visit these places that she reads about online and experience it in real life. She's always doing some sort of research on the various religions and social norms of those in different societies as well. Right now, she just started on a project for school about Scotland, she absolutely adores their accents.

- Rapping: A passion known by very few people, Penelope has always had a thing for the hip-hop/rap genre. When she's alone in her room she'll put on an instrumental and start going with the flow, she even keeps a journal with her lyrics scribbled down in purple ink. She has no plans on becoming a mainstream or even underground artist it's just something that Penelope loves to do in her free time it helps get her mind off of things.

Appearance: Penelope inherits a lot of her darker feature, such as her hair and skin tone from her mother who is from España. Her extremely dark brown hair is long, and wavy (when not in braided) and is usually braided with a yellow bow at the end of the braid. She usually keeps the braid over her left shoulder and constantly touches it when talking. The thin eyebrows she also got from her mother, while her sorta larger nose she got from her father who is from Québec. Many of her friends tell Penelope she's pretty, especially that they're jealous of her lips that are plump even if they haven't been kissed yet. Her lips are usually covered in lip gloss or lipstick depending on what she is wearing that day. She has hazel eyes that are surrounded by long eyelashes (some people are convinced that they're fake).

She has a rather petite frame, but she's still taller than most of the girls her age. Casual, flowy floral dresses is what Penelope chooses to wear on most days if she feels like getting cute. Heels are something that Penelope hates wearing she'd rather just wear cute, trendy shoes that match whatever she's wearing and can walk the most comfortable in. Though, she has to be in her cheerleading uniform a lot due to them always having practice. Penelope loves showing off her legs because they're her favorite feature about herself, long, toned but covered with a few scars. Her calves are all the evidence she needs to convince anyway that she plays soccer without actually showing them her skills. With both her parents knowing two different languages and having two different dialects it has given her her own unique one. It sometimes is embarrassing for her because Penelope's pronunciation of words can make it hard to know what she says but she tries her best to enunciate.

First Post:

"Want you to make me feel like I'm the only girl in the world
Like I'm the only one that you'll ever love
Like I'm the only one who knows your heart
Only girl in the world..."

Limbs moved in every direction as Penelope twirled around in her yellow dress that was covered with a generic white flower print. She sung along with every word that came out of her iHome that was located on her white oak dresser, which she had been sitting until this song came on. Every move she made was made with such overemphasis it made Penelope seem like she was drunk rather than gracefully dancing. The chorus is when she sang her loudest into her invisible hand mic. Both her mother and father had already begun their evening shifts trusting her older siblings to look after her, which meant that if Penelope stayed out of Gavin's way he would stay out of hers. Vieve on the otherhand was more soft spoken and the two rarely interacted, some would doubt they were even twins due to their extremely different personalities. Though, Penelope wasn't above ratting Gavin out for one, sneaking out of the house passed curfew and two, doing drugs.

If one were to stand in Penelope's wooden doorway, even though that would be extremely difficult (and somewhat creepy) seeing as she always keeps her door closed. The door itself was also wooden but painted white, not that one could see the white as it was covered in posters. Her queen size bed was pushed horizontal against the far wall and to the left, which is also beneath two sets of open-curtained windows where one could see the busy street in front of her house. She had cheetah print sheets, actual cheetah print not leopard print that most people misidentified as cheetah print. The unmade bed was messy, she hated Algebra homework, well, any homework and thus left it there. Her desk was pushed vertical against the upper righthand corner (if you're still standing at the door that is...), it too was white. Her adorable collection of stuffed animals were spread out on top of the wooden bookstore that was to the left of her dresser, which was located on the wall where the door was. It housed several popular series Twilight, The Hunger Games, Divergent, and many others that she hadn't read in awhile. The most prized stuffed animal was a small, blue bear named Blueberry who remained somewhere underneath the mounds of blankets she had on her bed, at least that's the last place Penelope reminded seeing him.

"You couldn't even be tripping
You can't afford a vacation
I'm out in Haiti with Haitians
I go to Asia with Asians
You mad dusty, you a lil dusty possum
I just come through with the six like my name was Blossom"

Thankfully the song had changed to rap, which Penelope delivered flawlessly even mimicking Nicki Minaj's voice that was her favourite part. As the song continued on Penelope found herself too energized to remained seating so she chose to do something with her energy by going to fetch the mail. Without putting on shoes she jumped down the beige-coloured carpeted stairs two at a time while humming the song that had been playing previously. The first floor was covered in family photos, Penelope blamed their mother who never, and that meant never missed a chance to take a photo. Penelope guessed it had something to do with the fact that they were rarely together as a family and with Vieve and Gav departing to college it would only be her in the house for the next two year. She arrived outside after traveling through the living room, which connected to the dining room, which lead into a path where you could either go left to the kitchen or straight to the door that led outside, of course Penelope chose outside. It was chilly and the breeze blew Penelope's knee length dress as she wrapped her arms around herself. The mailbox was a standard one, there wasn't anything special or fancy about it, which bored Penelope and made her wish she had Bedazzler. Out of the corner of her eye all she saw was a blur before another set of hands wrapped around her with a strength that was much greater than her own.

"You will die in seven days..." The person was trying to say it eerily as they made reference to the early 200 movie, but the stench that wafted off the clothes immediately gave the person away.

"Gav, what are you doing out here?" Penelope inquired, but only received a sigh in response. She shrugged her shoulders and continued toward the mailbox but yet again the same blur moved passed her and beat her to her destination.

"Junk, junk, something for youuu," At the "you" Gavin threw her package up in the air and continued to walk forward as if he hadn't done anything. Instinctively her quick reaction time came alive as she lunged forward and snatched her cardboard box out of the air before it had a chance to smash into the concrete.

"Thanks!" Normally one should be mad after their sibling deliberately tossed their stuff in the air without caring about the outcome but Penelope had grown so used it she now brushed it off without a second thought.

That was the end of their daily interactions as Gavin carried on as if Penelope wasn't there while she stared at the box she held in her hands. The last thing she had ordered was a textbook about Scotland where she learned the capital was Edingburgh but the largest city was Glasgow and that's as far as she had gotten. Someday she hoped that she would be able to visit Scotland it seemed like a beauty country from all the fantastic photography she had seen though she knew that they wouldn't show her anything but. When Penelope's hazel eyes glanced up Gavin was no where in sight, he was always sneaking off someplace as if he was some sort of secret agent. Darting back up to her room she sat down at the chair that was in front of her desk.

Eagerly Penelope opened the box that now sat on her lap and the only thing in the box was a CD disc case, how odd. Per usual she flipped to the back, that's where all the juicy information was placed...

"✜ If a PLAYER is slain, the KISS has to be given to the corpse and the DREAMSELF will come alive.
✜ If a DREAMSELF is slain, the PLAYER will nevermore dream on the MOONS.
✜ If a PLAYER with a dead DREAMSELF is slain, the player enters the AFTERLIFE."

Okay, that gave away nothing to Penelope. Maybe this was one of Gavin's games? Or Vieve's? They were the gamers, she had stopped playing video games and board games when she was ten. She preferred doing activities, such as Cheerleading and Soccer because it got her involved though sometimes she watched Gavin play a game called "NBA 2012", he hated a player called "Kobe" whoever that was...

"Hello, you have been chosen to participate in CHESS, a feat that will be accredited to very few individuals. CHESS is an innovative, exciting new computer game meant to revolutionize gaming and life as we know it. Bringing you features from popular genres such as Simulation, Role-Playing, Adventure, Action, Strategy, Puzzle, and many more. Each of these features has been molded and refined to their maximum level. Upon installing the game, you will enter a world of mystery and suspense, all while enjoying the perfection that is CHESS."

The text made little sense to Penelope but she happily placed the disc into her computer after it had finished loading. Now, all she had to do was wait for the home screen to whatever "Chess" was to pop up.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
PsychoJigglypuff, you are accepted! Go ahead and post your first post in the IC thread.

Retro Bug, you need to finish your first post and then post it in the IC thread. Accepted other than that ;)

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
nooooooooooooooo

retro.......y u change characters?

vinnie and vieve foreverrrrrrrrrrrrr

(i like penelope better anyway. rooftop rapping ninjas>>>>>>>>)

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Ahaha, Vieve was best left behind. I was kinda done with that character. New RP, new character. I agree Vinnie & Vieve forever, but who's he going to go after now?! (I'm glad you like Penelope better!)

Also, sorry my first IC post is so short. I couldn't think of anything to prolong it and didn't want to just "fluff" it. My forth coming posts will be better!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Posts don't need to be uber long ^^ So I apologize for my next one which will be just that :p

NOTE: you guys can split the rest of Act 0 up in however many posts as you like. You do NOT have to do it all at once. I just did that so that you would know what you have to do WHEN you get there.

COLOR - the color you choose will naturally be your chosen color here.

TASK TIME LIMITS - you will have the same time limits as Adrian. You are free to pause in between (OOC) and play it out however you wish, using the walkthrough or not.

KERNELSPRITE - you can prototype it with anything. It will take on part of the form from whatever you prototyped. You do not have to prototype twice, the game is content with only one. But it's probably easier to talk to (it will do that later) if it has a face so...

WALKTHROUGH - the walkthrough will exist whenever you begin playing the game. Just like it existed when Adrian began playing the game. For time hop reasons which will hopefully become even more important and weird later on :>

FAMILY - your family can still be in the house when you make the person on the screen go through the portal. But things will probably get really sad and horrible later on if they are.

PORTAL - end your post when you go through it.

Get going! :) Let me know if you have any questions.

EDIT: Seriously, ask in this thread if you have questions because others probably wonder the same ^^

HUMAN PROTOTYPING - yeah, you can select another human being on the screen with your cursor and put them into the kernelsprite. They'll feel like they just had a cold, eerie shower IRL. When they are prototyped on screen. You can also prototype whatever inanimate object you want, so.

THE DEPLOY BUTTON - it just appears like a button at the top of the screen and clicking it will make a menu with the two machines drop down. Clicking them will let you build the machine somewhere on the screen, as if you were placing down a building in a strategy game or something.

Last edited:
Back