• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Valora Region fakemons

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2013
Impressive, however the eyes on Mochi don't really look like a pokemon's eyes.
Also Torayuki looks like it needs some shading

LHT

I do pokemon sprites sometimes
Years
I've added Chimbolt, Yethunder, Pandling and Bearfrost. :)

Trainer Jun

Team Rocket Veteran Trainer
Years
These are by far the best fakemon I've seen yet! And do I hint a little splicing and fusion hidden in some of these? :D Overall, these are very good. Very good indeed.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
These are some really good fakemon. They remind me of Digimon, but only a little bit, and in all honesty that's fine.

Are you breaking the size requirements though?

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
These are very, very good indeed. You've captured the Nintendo-esque style very well.

LHT

Years
These are by far the best fakemon I've seen yet! And do I hint a little splicing and fusion hidden in some of these? :D Overall, these are very good. Very good indeed.

Haha you got me (It's April 1st, so...). xD
And thank you. ;D

These are some really good fakemon. They remind me of Digimon, but only a little bit, and in all honesty that's fine.

Are you breaking the size requirements though?

No, I didn't broke any of the size requirements, they still fit in the 96x96 requirement. ^^'
And thank you. ;D

These are very, very good indeed. You've captured the Nintendo-esque style very well.

Thank you. ;D

Trainer Jun

Years
Haha you got me (It's April 1st, so...). xD
And thank you. ;D

I posted that on March 28th, so :P I really mean that they are well done, and you can almost not tell if there was a base sprite you may have used for some of your fakemon... So, was there some splicing going on there? ;)

LHT

Years
I posted that on March 28th, so :P I really mean that they are well done, and you can almost not tell if there was a base sprite you may have used for some of your fakemon... So, was there some splicing going on there? ;)

For example, Glampuff (which I've taken out of the Pokedex because I sold him and his pre-evo) had Cherrim's head largely modified, but the remains were made from scratch.
Or Taegon, which has Garchomp's eyes adapted to his head and body, etc.
I say, in some way, yes, there are some splicings. :)

BUT, just to be clear, I only did this in some sprites, not in all of them, just to facilitate my work.

I love Firabburn, it looks great

Thanks. :D

Last edited:

Trainer Jun

Years
For example, Glampuff (which I've taken out of the Pokedex because I sold him and his pre-evo) had Cherrim's head largely modified, but the remains were made from scratch.
Or Taegon, which has Garchomp's eyes adapted to his head and body, etc.
I say, in some way, yes, there are some splicings. :)

BUT, just to be clear, I only did this in some sprites, not in all of them, just to facilitate my work.

You did well. I almost didn't notice the similarities.

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
All of these sprites are quite nice, but I see quite a bit of referencing in Torayuki. You used a base for it, didn't you?
If so, you should really give some credit for it...

Last edited:

LHT

Years
I added more fakemons from commissions, revamped Taegon and took Torayuki out, since his sprite need revamping if compared to his artwork.

Firabburn looks bootiful. :'D

All of these sprites are quite nice, but I see quite a bit of referencing in Torayuki. You used a base for it, didn't you?
If so, you should really give some credit for it...

I 'used', correctly, I already took him out, he's under some serious revamping.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Haha, yes! Another Ghost/Flying type, exactly what Pokemon needs! Perhaps you could put your most recent sprites in new posts as well as the OP, it's kind of annoying to track them down when you're not sure what's the newest thing.

LHT

Years
Haha, yes! Another Ghost/Flying type, exactly what Pokemon needs! Perhaps you could put your most recent sprites in new posts as well as the OP, it's kind of annoying to track them down when you're not sure what's the newest thing.

Good idea. :)

Added two more fakemon requests.
hounsphere_zps268511c8.png

63fc508229b2eb63656d302102c52bf3-d61ag6a.png

Last edited:
Years

The head looks kind of flat considering the contrast is low on this one, and the forelegs look dull because of the lack of detail. The legs aren't the biggest problem, just its right foreleg looks awkwardly positioned. There's still room for improvement. I would say you mastered this style perfectly.

LHT

Years

The head looks kind of flat considering the contrast is low on this one, and the forelegs look dull because of the lack of detail. The legs aren't the biggest problem, just its right foreleg looks awkwardly positioned. There's still room for improvement. I would say you mastered this style perfectly.

Thank you. :)
I can't fix these ones (requests, commissions, etc.) because, well, they are requests and commissions. :\
I'll try making some fakemons of mine in this style. ^^

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
I don't see the logic in not fixing it if you agree with Logiedan. Maybe you don't give the fix to the guy who requested it, but it'd help you become a better spriter. So why not?

Back