• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Heh! My Sympholy Overworld looks so cool in the Game!

SuperNova

I've got it to work now, and it is a great game. I've decided to stop at the first town though, as I don't want to get too far with the story before the actual release of the game.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
There's practically no other story developments revealed :P You get to go through a huge forest and battle a gym leader, but the only main plot devices are at the beginning. Thanks for liking it XD

Plateface

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Dec 12, 2007
Ye mate, I've downloaded the trial and installed it and re-installed it..

Why the hell arent you coming on MSN? Haver you blocked me.. :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Yatta! That was a pretty awesome demo ^^; I got stuck fighting a grubble thing but oh well Im gonna try again later.

It went a bit slow for me though, I thought it might have been the rain but its probably my computer. Need any help sprite-wise?

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Hope you liked it Kyledove ol' buddy! Sorry about the bugs, some people seem to get 'em... the lag is a case of you do or you don't... I'm lucky and I don't, I'll try find a way to reduce it.

If you want my utter honesty, I've always wanted to replace the standard FRLG graphics with some sexy custom ones like yours, which are frankly beautiful and the best I've seen (ya know, custom grass, trees, rocks, paths...). But I would hope to not have to replace all of the FRLG style buildings (as in ones drawn with FRLG style proportions and shading) as a result. So I guess the criteria would be that they still look good with the buildings being used in Acanthite, which probably wouldn't be an issue anyway. Would you be up for something like that?

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
wow thats a pretty big request but I respect your honesty ^^; I dont think Id literally be able to do that seeing how I cant even make my own custom world for myself it would take me even longer to create a completely new custom world for acanthite and I wouldnt want to have you guys waiting on me.

I was thinking more like pokemon wise or something. *shrug*

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
wow thats a pretty big request but I respect your honesty ^^; I dont think Id literally be able to do that seeing how I cant even make my own custom world for myself it would take me even longer to create a completely new custom world for acanthite and I wouldnt want to have you guys waiting on me.

I was thinking more like pokemon wise or something. *shrug*

XD that's alright, I figured I'd ask seeing as the ones you have in your sig make me drool. You're incredibly good. All I'm really looking for in that respect is custom grass, trees and rocks, and the paths too probably everything else would remain the same. But I CAN see why that's a bit too difficult. Thanks anyway buddy!

So yeah... erm... you're good at overworld sprites aren't you? How'd you like helping out in that area? Or maybe one or two custom buildings? I'd be very happy if you wanted to do anything at all for Acanthite, so anything you'd like to do and would be happy doing, do it ;)

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Still doing stuff here :)

Doing more of the main game's progression. I'm gonna have to worry about patching up that annoying battle system later.

Anyways, here's what's happening in Kamon's life today.

Steer clear of spoilers if you don't like them. This is a taster of an intriguing plot point.

Spoiler:

And in other news!

A new staff member, jacob_coutino has provided an AWESOME final design of Anjewl and Diavil, two of the game's leading legendaries. (Specifically, Anjewl is pretty much the same as before but in a different pose, Diavil has had no prior fully satisfactory designs but this one is awesome)

fakemonsketch7.jpg

His work is of an outstanding quality and it's great to have him aboard.

Also, we're thinking of adding another 7 Pokémon to the total number of species in the world to make the final number be a lovely round 650 (obviously not all of them will be in Acanthite, because that's a silly number, but for reference it's a comfortable number). More on this later.

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2006
fang... why haven't you shown us in acanthite diavil's concept! it's gorgeous!!! supraoutstandous!!!!! oh, and i "want be you friend":P

Digiko

The l33t lurker!!!
Years
This game looks like it'll be AWESOME. 8D The screens are awesome.

I haven't played the demo(well, much) because I can't figure out how to install the fonts.. I'm stupid like that. xD Where is the control panel..? Actually, I went a little into the game without reading the text, and it looked ownful. But if I could get help there, I'd love it. O_o;;

Digiko

The l33t lurker!!!
Years
It worked, thank you. 8D

After going through the demo, I only found a few awkward things... In the second town, if you go on the bridge and go up, you can go into the water. O_o xD Even so, you still can't get the item you need cut for... Aw, darn it! Sometimes, if I didn't faint the Pokemon, the battle would end... No EXP for me. D: I would have played the whole thing through, but it froze on me when a Felbin tackled me... O_o If the same thing happened to Pokemon Master2006, they must be trying to take over us all. Run.

Plateface

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Dec 12, 2007
Well im a team member and I get no assistance in getting it to work. :@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back