• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon You Hate Running Into?

Tom Cruise

Pokémon Master
Years
What are some of the Pokemon that you just hate to run into in the wild? Either trying to get through that cave or maybe just a small patch of grass there is always one poke that keeps popping up.so tell me in the comments below.

I wish all zubats would just die.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
Anything that can Poison/Paralyze/Confuse my pokemon. Nothing worse than just getting started on a new route and getting paralyzed or poisoned in the first battle. I went through probably 10 Paralyze Heals on Route 110 in Emerald because of Elecktrikes with Static. =/

Also, shouldn't this be posted in Pokemon Gaming Central? It deals specifically with the games so it makes more sense for it to be in that forum. Maybe a mod can move it for you when they see it. c:

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Zubat Zubat Zubat Geodude Zubat Zubat Zubat. So damn annoying.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I generally hate Pokémon which I can't escape from.
For example, Mirage Island was ANNOYING. Shadow Taggin' Wynauts all at me. I generally like Wynaut, but encountering them so much and can't escaping is irritating. I wasn't training my Lv 78 Rayquaza there so yeah.

Zubats/Woobats don't trouble me a lot these days, I've gotten used to them.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
Zubat Zubat Zubat Geodude Zubat Zubat Zubat. So damn annoying.

Basically this right here. Tentacool get annoying too when you're surfing, but it's mostly the most common Pokemon that one usually runs into that get on my nerves.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
any pokemon with the abilty Sturdy annoys me as I have to waste two PP knocking them out.
Shadow tag does not annoy as I always fight the pokemon for exp.

Years
Any rock types early in the game. I tend to have very little that is effective against them. Late game...Golbat, I'm thinking either Victory Road or Mewtwo's cave in R/B, I forget which. Those things drove me nuts.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Pokemon who do not have the EV points I want for any of my Pokemon, usually Pokemon who give out HP EVs, Def EVs, and SpD EVs.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2014
Pokemon that dont let me escape (shadowtag, etc). But i hate running into any pokemon every two seconds!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
This is only game related, so I will move it to Pokémon Gaming Central.

But Zubat is definitely my least fav pokémon to run into :( It's nothing I want to capture more than once, and it's not as easy to take down as you'd want in the beginning of a game unless you have a rock or electric type. Speaking mostly about Kanto here.

-moved

Years
Zubat and Tentacool are equally annoying to run into IMO. I also don't like encountering Pokemon that happen to be faster than mine with all that "Can't Escape" message and it's extremely annoying.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Any of the ones with movesets that just make them especially annoying to battle:

Tranquill - Air Slash, Detect, Air Slash, Detect, Roost...

Watchog - Confuse Ray, Super Fang, Hypnosis...

Volbeat (remember Volbeats in RSE?) - Double Team, Double Team, Double Team, Moonlight...

Geodudes or Gravelers with Self Destruct or Explosion (most common in DPPt).

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Golbat, surprisingly. I hate running into Golbats because I tend to run into them a lot when I'm trying to train Grass types and I always get stuck in the battle for one reason or another. If I don't manage to escape right away then I consider the entire experience to be wasted time.

Years
Spoiler:

I think that video sums up about how I feel with Zubat, which is one I really hate running into. xD

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2013
I don't really mind encountering most Pokemon because I can just take them down and move on.
However, when I'm level grinding at Mt. Silver, it makes me wanna scream whenever I see a tangela. They're just more annoying than anything else to me for some dumb reason.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
Raticate. He's underestimated; Super- and Hyper Fang can really dominate the early and mid game, and he's fast enough to be annoying to deal with.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Zubats are weak and only a problem to Grass and Fighting-types.

The Pokémon I hate the most is Emolga. You spend some time cycling around a route to make shaking grass appear, and when it finally does, instead of Audino, you get Emolga, who will spam Double Team and paralyze you on contact. They don't give much exp when defeated either.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Anything that carries Arena Trap and prevents a quick escape is frustrating, especially if I'm trying to train an incredibly weak Pokemon and it gets trapped. Top spot goes to Zubat though, Supersonic and Leech Life gets frustrating. Especially if it outspeeds some of the slower Pokemon on my team and the fact that I encounter them every two seconds doesn't really help either. Although my top spot goes to anything that can Poison Point or inflict status on me while I'm training. Its just frustrating running to the Pokecenter or having to waste your money on Antidotes. ):

Back