• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
I definitely feel like these are my favorite trio of starters since the Hoenn starters, and they've always been my favourites..

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If it weren't for Froakier it'll be the same for me...Fennekin is my favorite fire starter since Torchic, and Chespin is equal to Treeko, and Snivy...actually I like all the grass staters...

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
Years
If it weren't for Froakier it'll be the same for me...Fennekin is my favorite fire starter since Torchic, and Chespin is equal to Treeko, and Snivy...actually I like all the grass staters...

Grass has always been one of the best starters, and I already know I wanna choose Chespin. I just wonder what the gym order will be....
Grass usually works as the 'easiest' choice, as it tends to be able to take down most early gyms (Traditional since gen I)
I like fennekin, but I don't think I like it as much as cyndaquil....
and Froakie...doesn't seem like a good water choice, not my favorite by far.

Nakala Pri

Fennekins design is just, brilliant! There really isn't enough fox Pokemon, but this one is a charm!

Chespin is cute and jolly, just looking at it makes me smile! It is so lovable and... well, one of the best Grass type Pokemon I've seen! (Bayleef and Virizion take the biscuit!)

Froakie, uh... hmm, weird, freaky. I just can't... appreciate it's design. Its like they got effortless at the end, but maybe its second evolution will be a success?

But in the end, Fennekin is just the best!

blue

gucci
Years
In terms of type combinations for the starters here's what I'm hoping for: Fennekin - Fire/Psychic, Chespin - Grass/Dark, Froakie - Water/Ice. I'm not sure what the rumors are since I've tried my best to avoid checking for spoiler reasons but I'd be happy with those.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Poor Froakie doesn't get much love, personally I like him the most out of all the new starters. I kinda understand what features of its design might be unappealing and make him less "cute", its yellow eyes and white hands for example. Even so I think that most of Froakie appeal is suppose to come from his personality, like we saw in the anime he seems to fight in this cliche serious ninja style which is suppose to contrast with the fact that he's a tiny frog.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2016
About the rumor around fenekin type, I think it can be psychic/fire or Fairy/fire.

After read the fennec symbolism which speaking about kindness emotion etc.. we can see a link with pokemon like flabébé/gardevoir etc..

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I kinda don't want Froakie to become Water/Flying, since I want to use Talonflame in my team. I want it to become Water/Fighting. Water/Ice would be okay, since that would allow me to put Pangoro in my team.

Yumetaro

MAI RIBBONS
Years
Chespin looks cool, he seems like that quirky little derp that wants to be your friend.

So I guess I am going with Chespin.

froakie is just so cool also

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Even though there's a Torchic event once the games are out, I'm still sticking with Fennekin through and through.

I just pray it's Fire/Psychic. Or Fire/Fairy either combination is cool with me.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
Favouring Fennekin to the extreme in the hope that'll evolve into a White Spirit Fox as a Psychic/Ghost-type. But that hope will probably slap me in the face.

Years
Favouring Fennekin to the extreme in the hope that'll evolve into a White Spirit Fox as a Psychic/Ghost-type. But that hope will probably slap me in the face.

Well I do admit that's an interesting typing, but Fennekin's line will mostly be part-Fire since each starter retains their Grass, Fire or Water type throughout its evolution line, but some evolutions can give the starter a second type. The fact Fennekin has been confirmed to learn both Psychic and Psybeam has certainly made me know it will probably become part-Psychic when it evolves.

EJ Nero

Water forever
Years
A Fire/Psychic starter, that would be amazing. I'm still sticking with my water pokes though and will get Froakie. I'm sure its evolutions will not disappoint (none of the water finals have in the past). I hope it's Water/Fighting too, and could totally see that being the case given the design. But it's a frog so Water/Poison perhaps could be a less preferable option.

Think Final Evolutions:
Fennekin: Fire/Psyhic
Froakie: Water/Fighting or Water/Poison
Chespin: Grass/???

Bobith

Tossin' balls since '99
Years
The fire/psychic typing will make Fennekin a beast. It also has my favorite design of the three. Chespin is okay as well, however Froakie is pretty awful. Mudkip was the last decent looking water starter, in my opinion that is.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
Ghost/Psychic or Fire/Psychic doesn't really matter to me. As long it's going in one of these two type's direction. If it's going to be a Pure Fire-type or Fire/Normal that'll dissapoint me, then it will be no different than Ninetails.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 6, 2023
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but it looks to me like the third line on Fennekin's forehead is a closed third eye, further enforcing the fire/psychic typing. Froakie does look like he'll be water/fighting because of the ninja throwing bubbles, so will that leave Chespin as a grass/dark?
If this is the case, then each starter will have a typing advantage and disadvantage against the other two.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Ghost/Psychic or Fire/Psychic doesn't really matter to me. As long it's going in one of these two type's direction. If it's going to be a Pure Fire-type or Fire/Normal that'll dissapoint me, then it will be no different than Ninetails.
I'd rather have its evolutions be pure Fire than Fire/Fighting.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 31, 2013
As of now right, I like Froakie the most because he is a Frog and a Water type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back