• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon: Phoenix Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
^ what do you mean his starter choices >8)

The music is great, it has it's own feel in each song and they all connect to each other as in they feel like they come from the same game. Bravo. Route 1 is probably my favourite because it just gives you that new game feeling like when you first walked out onto Route 1 in the old games :P Cannot wait for this game to be finished.

PhantomTwilight

possibly sane
Years
  • Age 28
  • NJ
  • Seen Nov 9, 2014
Oh Ehm Gee.

This is by FAR the best pokemon fan made RPG I've ever seen! Not only are the visuals stunning, but the MUSIC, oh yes the music - especially "Battle! Vs Guardian!".....It's AMAZING. The story, the everything has me speechless.

I can't wait for you to release it!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
If you choose Alto does Aria appear anywhere in the storyline? It would be nice to have the one you didn't pick as a sort of rival also. (that you meet in the middle of your journey rather than being a childhood friend)

It seems a bit wasteful otherwise.

Great job on this game so far though, I've been following this for a while. I really hope this gets seen through to the end.

On another note, has the pokedex been decided? I didn't see anything in this thread about what the pokedex will look like.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2012
This game looks SPECTACULAR!! Can't wait to play! Honestly, you guys should go work for nintendo! This is WAY better than any of the recent pokemon games! Is it possible for you to give me an estimate of when a demo or beta version will be released? Or how far progress has gone? Once again, looks amazing!

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
This game looks amazing. Can't wait for it's release...
The graphics looks amazing. Well, everthing does...

Could you tell me the progress of this project? 10, 50, 99%???
Just curious though..

I just can't wait to get my hand on this.
Keep it up !!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Stop asking for progress or release dates please. It's against the rules.

Currently, I'm trying to get the engine finished. Meaning, the programming. Which is close to completion. I hope to have that done over the next few weeks. Once that is done, I am more positive on being able to foresee a release date. As all I will then have to do is graphics and the events that happen in game. Which are a lot less tedious. So once programming is finished, we can all celebrate, and the release will not be too far after I hope. I apologize about the wait, really I do. But once the programming is done, it's done. Meaning future releases will not take nearly as long.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2022
Well it's good to see you are making progress and i am looking forward to this game.

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
That's nice to hear.
You've done a really amazing job so far.

The graphics i've seen so far are looking perfect.
There fresh and very detailed.

Looking forward...

Quick question though,
When you walk over the stair tiles, does the camera go up?
(Like BW)

GreyVictory1510

Collector
Years
Ah, I am glad to hear, that you are making good progress. Only a few( maybe big ^_^") steps more and you have done it. Keep it up! I know you can do it. ^^

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
You can see an image of the outdated dex here. I have since updated it though, I'll be sure to include that in my next update. Which will be soon guys. I'll have a newsletter update once more.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I apologize if you already have specified, but will there be two versions with different pokemon and areas, or is it just gonna be one game with one set of pokemon?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
The latter, I don't plan on doing a corresponding version. However I do plan on either doing a number of versions of the same game, meaning some difficulty changes and so on, or adding the options within the game itself.

PokemonMaster Red

Pokemon Master
Years
This game is going to be epic. I mean you already have a boss OST now you just need some gameplay that can back it up. I'm already mesmerized by the OST so I will be able to play this for long periods of time with no problem. My only question is how can mere grunts have such and awesome theme and yet I haven't seen any thing for their admins or their big boss. Unless I missed it.

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2016
why dont we put a POKEMON EFFORT VALUE STAT BAR :)
cough cough. oh well i bet it is a hard thing to program?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I guess that it isn't. Though the only problem about having a limited Pokedex, as in a regional one, is that there's not many pokemon to battle in the meta-game with. While I do want to make the game a bit more geared for competitive battling, I'll need to solve a method as to how to do it. I am considering something like Shoddy where you go into a simulator in game, and you pick your Pokemon, their attacks, EV's and so on, from where you may battle online. But that feels a little too bland to me. If I can think of a way to make competitive battling more interesting in PR, I'll add EV status bars to the Summary Screen.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I know I asked you something about this via PM, but just adding my voice to the thread to say that this looks better than some of the stuff Nintendo puts out; they need people like you working for them!

Cyclone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back