• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Speaking of final evolutions, how cool would it be if Chespin ended up being grass/fighting or grass/normal?

You're probably thinking it wouldn't. But let's be honest, an amazing chestnut kung fu hedgehog thing with swords dance, needle arm and drain bunch or close combat would be awesome. And since it's like a ninja it could learn the powders and seed bomb, and a bunch of awesome fighting moves.

And then if it's grass/normal it could be a fluffy adorable fuzzball with attacks like hyper voice and acupressure (since it reminds me of accupuncture which reminds me of needles which equals hedgehogs? (if chespin even is a hedgehog)) and leech seed, and giga drain!

Okay, if chespin ends up being this cool, i may have to go with it over froakie. D:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If they all end up being cool, I might have to...explode. Or do what I did in Ruby once. Start one game, get starter, trade to other game, restart game get other starter I want, trade the other one back in BAM. But ehhh having more than one starter is a pet peeve of mine.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
^ Fighting I wouldn't mind, but Normal doesn't suit it IMO.

Also, this has been posted on Serebii:

"...it has been confirmed that the number of Pokémon now is to be over 700."

Is anyone else underwhelmed by this? I mean, I thought that was a given. The fact that they've worded it in that way indicates that less than 100 new Pokemon is a possibility (though very unlikely).

Years
To be honest, I'm not sure how long I'll use whichever starter I get. As awesome as they are, I find its more fun to capture the pokemon as you go, getting the stronger ones later etc, rather than starting off the game with a power house :/

But if the starters are just way too awesome, I'll definitely bring one along! Too many what ifs :((

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Froakie for life. Even tho I never make my decesion based on final evolution, I gotta say if the real final evo of Froakie as awesome as this fakemon/fanart, I might faint

Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
700 could mean like 760 for all we know, so I'm not feeling underwhelmed at all.

That Froakie3 fanart...seeing it again, it's too similar to Emboar imo. :(

blue

gucci
Years
It's actually thought to be well over 700, I'd be happy with anything beyond 730 just as long as the designs are reasonable.

Years
It's not that hard to have over 700 total when you've already got 649. Is that their way of not telling us there are going to be fewer than 100? Saying "There are over 100 new Pokemon!" is much more exciting than "There are going to be at least 51!"

Oh, but what will get the spot for number 666?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
Fennekin used a Psychic-ish move in the trailer, so I'm firmly sticking beside my prediction of it being Fire/Psychic. Though if it does get to be Fire/Dark, I'll have to consider naming it Swiper instead of Faline like I was planning. XD
It could've just been Confuse Ray though. I kind of hope it does just stay pure fire, but I'll be happy with anything other than fire/fighting -.-

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
Maybe a Ghost type, I can't see them making a Pokemon based upon the Devil.
Dear lord I hope not, like crazy overprotective, extremely religious parents need more reason to hate Pokemon.....

I mean no offense in any way of religion, I just don't believe Pokemon are evil spawns of the devil.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
After the PETA thing in gen V, I highly doubt they want religious nuts targeting them for a devil 666 Pokemon.

It could've just been Confuse Ray though.

It looked like it was doing damage to the Kirlia it was being used on in the trailer. Which, if you've played any gen III 3D games and beyond, Pokemon don't tend to use their animation for being damaged when hit by a status inflicting move.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
After the PETA thing in gen V, I highly doubt they want religious nuts targeting them for a devil 666 Pokemon.

It looked like it was doing damage to the Kirlia it was being used on in the trailer. Which, if you've played any gen III 3D games and beyond, Pokemon don't tend to use their animation for being damaged when hit by a status inflicting move.
Ah so true.. Sadly we just can't know until they want us to, it's killing me!

blue

gucci
Years
It's hard to judge, it does look like a psychic hitting move i.e Psywave or Psybeam but then it could just be reacting to the status ailment which would be from confuse ray. We'll soon find outtt

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
It's not that hard to have over 700 total when you've already got 649. Is that their way of not telling us there are going to be fewer than 100? Saying "There are over 100 new Pokemon!" is much more exciting than "There are going to be at least 51!"

Oh, but what will get the spot for number 666?

Well, I kinda don't think the pokemon 666 will be such a big deal - the Japanese believes that the number '4' and the number '9' are more unlucky and sinister, because four is pronounced "shi" which is the same pronunciation as death, and nine is pronounced "ku" which has the same pronunciation as agony or torture.

And well, pokemon #444 is Gabite, so... I doubt they would have a pokemon that represent the occult beliefs of 666; unless maybe they will cater to Western beliefs too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back