• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I AM AN UNTAMEABLE BEAST, AND I WILL CONTINUE TO BOMBARD YOU WITH MY SCREENSHOTS!
MUAHAHAHAHAHAH-*Cough* *Cough*... I need to stop laughing like that.

Anyways, the Town Map of Kanto in my game Pokémon Blaze Red & Lush Green, featuring some new areas.
new_kanto_by_44tim44-d6zx7im.png

What I like about this map is the blend of the colours and the splash of water. I guess you're getting real good at this stuff. Comparing this to in-game screenshots, the style matches well so I'll give five points for that. I'm not too concerned about the new areas nor that yellow striped block of tiles on the left-centre of the screen, I'm sure they mean something. You could give more detail and shading to the city blocks, but it's your choice. As long as the style stays the same, this map has a nice taste of colours. All I hope for now is the interface to follow a similar line.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
New Old Screenshots from Pokemon Melanite. I am revamping everything as my skills all around have increased :D

1) New Pokemon Selection Scene - very plain and simple, but I like it. I used it along with FL's pokemon introduction script
2) Pokemon Battle Scene - XY backgrounds, new menus, battle boxes, the works
3) Screenshot of Dusk Forest at night - new player over worlds, new item over worlds, remapped map

melanite_screens_redone_by_rayd12smitty-d704r9g.png

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Looking pretty awesome, Rayd12smitty!

I assume that the overlay in the 3rd screenshot is supposed to be a cloud? Personally, I think it's annoying when stuff is in front of the camera (unless it's fog for a graveyard, or stuff like that) so unless it's for an event or something, I'd recommend not clogging up the players view so much.

And also, I seem to spot a little error on the statusbox in the 2nd screenshot. Half of it isn't transparent.

But still, great work, mate!

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Looking pretty awesome, Rayd12smitty!

I assume that the overlay in the 3rd screenshot is supposed to be a cloud? Personally, I think it's annoying when stuff is in front of the camera (unless it's fog for a graveyard, or stuff like that) so unless it's for an event or something, I'd recommend not clogging up the players view so much.

And also, I seem to spot a little error on the statusbox in the 2nd screenshot. Half of it isn't transparent.

But still, great work, mate!

Thanks :) I rarely use overlays either. It is only on this one map and the map is really small. It works alright in my opinion. With the status box, the blue that you see that isn't transparent is the EXP :)

I decided the current messages for the pokemon followers in Melanite were bland, as well as the feature overall. I spent the last few hours of 2013 fixing this :D

Now there are over 100 messages when talking to your Pokemon, varying on the location, type of pokemon, their status/happyness, and more. As I make more maps and locations, this number of messages will go up! Almost every time you talk to a Pokemon, you will get something you haven't seen before.

Also, Following Pokemon is toggle able! Just press a key of YOUR CHOICE (that's right, customizable controls) and the pokemon disappears/reapears. Presto!

Wait what? Theres more! Two more keys (A and D by default), rotate your entire party! You want to switch your lead Pokemon, and your follower, just press a key. No need to open the menu.

Happy 2014 everyone!

overhauled_following_pokemon__by_rayd12smitty-d70acl5.png

Last edited:

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
Thanks :) I rarely use overlays either. It is only on this one map and the map is really small. It works alright in my opinion. With the status box, the blue that you see that isn't transparent is the EXP :)

I decided the current messages for the pokemon followers in Melanite were bland, as well as the feature overall. I spent the last few hours of 2013 fixing this :D

Now there are over 100 messages when talking to your Pokemon, varying on the location, type of pokemon, their status/happyness, and more. As I make more maps and locations, this number of messages will go up! Almost every time you talk to a Pokemon, you will get something you haven't seen before.

Also, Following Pokemon is toggle able! Just press a key of YOUR CHOICE (that's right, customizable controls) and the pokemon disappears/reapears. Presto!

Wait what? Theres more! Two more keys (A and D by default), rotate your entire party! You want to switch your lead Pokemon, and your follower, just press a key. No need to open the menu.

Happy 2014 everyone!

overhauled_following_pokemon__by_rayd12smitty-d70acl5.png

I'm loving the new aspects of your game. The text boxes look pretty good also.

Years
The big city

The big city of my game. The game is called Pokemon: Opal Version, and it's set in the region of Phernia.

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2015
Spoiler:

what do you think ???
the battle system is not finish ,i need a sripter to finish it
and if you don't like the menu youu can simple change it ( with the menu change menu
xd
=)
3zbauomb_png.htm
3zbauomb_png.htm

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Spoiler:

what do you think ???
the battle system is not finish ,i need a sripter to finish it
and if you don't like the menu youu can simple change it ( with the menu change menu
xd
=)

the "what will pikachu do" should be in the top left corner separated by some sort of message box, and the options should be more like recent generations
this
or this

the menus should be icons like in HG/SS, having the pics and a long bar seems unnecesary and a little out o place in a big open area like that

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2015
the "what will pikachu do" should be in the top left corner separated by some sort of message box, and the options should be more like recent generations
this
or this

the menus should be icons like in HG/SS, having the pics and a long bar seems unnecesary and a little out o place in a big open area like that

ok thank youb
i want also something like this ,but i am not so good inscripting
when i found a person i willl show it =)
but yeah the menu will i edit later =)

Atomic Reactor

Excuse the piss-poor quality of the .gif.
I used Gyazo Gif, because I am lazy.

If possible, I'd make it so the light extends and fades. Other than that, it looks really awesome :)
I assume you're just using a character set for this?

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
If possible, I'd make it so the light extends and fades. Other than that, it looks really awesome :)
I assume you're just using a character set for this?

I have honestly been thinking that too, but it'd be a lot of work, and since this place is far off in terms of demo lengths and whatnot, I'll just cross that bridge when I come to it.
Yeah, I'm using a character set. Auto-move set with move-commands changing the graphic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back