• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Beta 2 Released] Pokemon Infernal Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years

ilbiglogocopy.png

Storyline

10,000 years ago, a single, solitary legend known simply as "Mew" created the universe and the world we live in. Besides creating mankind, Mew made another set of creatures, to balance out mankind's power. These beings are known today as Pokemon. Pokemon are scatterd all over the world and are as common as humans. They are often used for battling or as pets. Or even to help out around the house. However as well as making the common Pokemon we all see, Mew made "legendary" Pokemon to balance out the events in the world. After the creation of the world and the Pokemon, Mew went to hibernate and is still hibernating.

One of the "legendary" Pokemon was Ho-oh. Ho-oh held great power, amazing agility and was as fast as a jet. It was known as the "Infernal Legend", a legend of fire so powerful, it could wipe out the entire human race if it desired. But Ho-oh never attempted to, because Mew made it in the genetics of Pokemon that they would never take the life of a living soul. Ho-oh had an adversary called Lugia, who it hated with all it's heart. Ho-oh and Lugia waged a war which lasted 5000 years. During that time, Ho-oh, using it's God-like power, created 3 warriors - Entei, Suicune and Raikou.

The 3 legendary dogs fought against Lugia alongside Ho-oh. To match the power of Entei, Suicune and Raikou, Lugia made an alliance with the 3 winged mirages - Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno. They fought and fought until almost everything Mew had worked so hard to create was destroyed. The other legendary Pokemon stood to the side and let the war happen because they feared that if they got involved, they would be destroyed. After another 500 years, Mew intervened and repaired all the damage. Ho-oh was imprisoned in the sky; Lugia was imprisoned in the sea and the 3 dogs fled across the world, only to be side a couple of times. Mew went back to hibernation. Now to present day.

You've been overshadowed by your brother Lance, the champion of the Midao region, ever since you were born. But now the time has come and today may just be the day you've waited for all your life - the day you get a Pokemon. Which Pokemon will you choose? What will happen during your journey? Will you become a professor like your dad or maybe the champion like your brother? But that's not important right now. There has been a lot of Team Rocket activity around Midao, revolving around a source of great power and your dad! As you leave your little town of Silver Town, your Pokemon adventure begins...

Thread Rules

• No spam.
  • Critcism is allowed.
  • Anything about "Infernal Legends" will be considered spam.

Team

• Pokepal17 (Mapping, Scripting, Tile Inserting, Graphics Editing, Spriting)
  • Esmas (Spriting)
  • Manipulation (Beta testing)
  • .com (Beta testing)
  • Chibi Robo (Beta testing)
  • Vrai (Beta testing)

Features

• 3 new regions - New and old places to explore
  • New rivals - More people to love and hate
  • A new berry system - Watch berries grow and grow
  • Mushroom trees - D/P/Pt Honey Trees on the GBA
  • Minigames - Fun games to play when you're bored
  • Sidequests - Help people out for some yummy rewards
  • Some familiar faces - Characters from other games make appearances
  • 386 Pokémon catchable - The original Pokémon available for catching
  • Every legendary available - Find these beauties and have unlimited power at your fingertips

Screenshots

bootscreen.png

Videos

Bugs

When reporting bugs, please make sure you are playing the latest beta: Beta 2.1

• Some graphics/sprites and item descriptions need changing
  • There are a few grammar errors/inconsistencies and texts that need changing
  • Underground path in Silverlight City leads to glitchy blocked off path - fixed for beta 3
  • Power Plant script tile freezes when being stpeed on twice - fixed for beta 3
  • Boulder near minigame will only move one tile, cause a blocked path - fixed for beta 3

To do list

• Edit intro and Oak battle texts
  • Edit old man catching weedle
  • Edit worldmap
  • Edit sprites
  • Edit TMs list
  • Edit items

FAQ

Q. Why did you put Mew as the creator of the universe, when it was Arceus?
A. My hack, so my storyline.

Q. Where does the beta end?
A. At the 4th gym.

Q. I'm having some problems playing/patching the game.
A. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=73966

Q. When will the next alpha/beta come out
A. Asking for release dates counts as spam.

Q. Will you change the tiles?
A. I have changed them, but they've kept the Fire Red style.

Q. Will you add D/P Pokemon?
A. No, the original 386 Pokemon are enough.

Q. I found a bug/glitch/oddity, what shall I do?
A. Please post it and I will try and fix it ASAP.

Q. I found a bug already reported, what should I do?
A. Don't post it as it will count as spam.

Q. How do I get into Crystal Cave, since there is a rock blocking th way?
A. You're playing an old beta.

Credits

• Zeikku_Sidewinder (Sprites)
  • HackMew (ASM)
  • Birthofdna (G/S/C music)
  • Kyledove (Tiles)
  • Project Platinum (Sprites)
  • Fangking Omega (Tiles)
  • Mateo (Tiles)
  • Esmas (Sprites)
  • Manipulation (General advice and beta testing)
  • .com (Beta testing)
  • Chibi Robo (Beta testing)
  • Vrai (Beta testing)

Releases

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
yay first post, its great to see the hack back up nice screens your maps could be better but I still love it, hope you have fun and do well :D

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Wow, u have really outdone yourself Haseeb ^.^. Although I may prefer the tiles of the old I.L., I love the new I.L.! You are a wonderful scripter and I am sure this hack will go far.

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2013
I like the back story and I'm interested in the events during the game. Good luck making this.

dragonface

Check out Elite version
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010
Cool new hack. I like the screen shots and story line. Good luck with this :)

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
hey! hey!
awesome hack you've got there!
keep it going!

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Wow, u have really outdone yourself Haseeb ^.^. Although I may prefer the tiles of the old I.L., I love the new I.L.! You are a wonderful scripter and I am sure this hack will go far.

Thanks, well it's now a Fire Red style theme.
Am I a wonderul scripter? Well, when you see the minigame, that's what I call scripting (with ASM >.<)

I like the back story and I'm interested in the events during the game. Good luck making this.

Thanks.

Cool new hack. I like the screen shots and story line. Good luck with this :)

Thank you, although I wish I could show of some better scripting with the screenshots, but I'm leaving that for the beta.

Where? Are the beautiful tiles you have had before?

In an old ROM of Infernal Legend I have.
Fire Red tiles make my maps look better. :P

hey! hey!
awesome hack you've got there!
keep it going!

I plan to :P

And with that I post my last set of gameplay screenies (there's a cave in the beta but I'm not showing screenies of it because I want to leave it as a surprise).

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
wow you realy keep your hack updated but why in the city of snow the gym leader is wearing shorts he is going to freezs. and new tiles dont make maps look worse or dose fr tiles make a map look better. the events look exsiting (exspecial the pizza dilvery) but I have another concer the maps dont look that great they look okay but I think you can do better. The hack is looking very nice so far, this is going one of the hacks that I will play the beta for my in-joyment.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
wow you realy keep your hack updated but why in the city of snow the gym leader is wearing shorts he is going to freezs. and new tiles dont make maps look worse or dose fr tiles make a map look better. the events look exsiting (exspecial the pizza dilvery) but I have another concer the maps dont look that great they look okay but I think you can do better. The hack is looking very nice so far, this is going one of the hacks that I will play the beta for my in-joyment.

Why complain? Nobody in GSC complained about Pryce, why start now?

very nice hack^^ compliments

Thank you.

Updates, beta is done and here is the minigame.

So basically it's like D/P but the different kinds of rock contain different items and have different strength. Strengths also are affected by the type of tool used but I would say that hammer is generally better (although it's basically luck). The tiles have got 4 formations and 1 is randomly chosen. Also, the event is timed so after a game, you'll have to wait a while to do another game. Hope you like the music, it's from D/P. :P

Enjoy on Monday.

Tomorrow I will post the screenies of the sidequest. Right now I'm mapping something special that something in beta 1 leads to but becomes available in beta 2.

dragonface

Check out Elite version
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010
I like your updates, the title screen is beautiful. The mini game script is amazing. Good job on your progress.
I see a lot taken from Shiny gold version though?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I like your updates, the title screen is beautiful. The mini game script is amazing. Good job on your progress.
I see a lot taken from Shiny gold version though?

Thanks. Those aren't Shiny Gold's sprites because the beta with them hasn't been released yet. And that is the same song that Zel used but from my own midi and it has less tracks and different instruments and a quicker loop.

Kudos on that script Pokepal. Anyways, nice work. Can't wait to play it. ;)

Thanks. :)

Last set of screenies. The sidequest.

Monday will be my next post along with the beta, which will be in .ups format.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
ups eh so you did expand the rom.

also I always woundered it while playing gold. why is he wering shorts when the gym is an ice gym and theres ice every were, and he is old so his amunie system is not what it used to be. he is going to get sick real quick hopefully he has heath insurence.

fallkitten

I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!
Years
  • Age 29
  • N/A
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
Title screen is amazing*__*
Screnshoots are cool.
Why starters are Torchic.bulbasaur and totodole?

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
ups eh so you did expand the rom.

also I always woundered it while playing gold. why is he wering shorts when the gym is an ice gym and theres ice every were, and he is old so his amunie system is not what it used to be. he is going to get sick real quick hopefully he has heath insurence.
Lol, you don't get sick from the cold, you get sick from viruses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back