• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] ✨ The Fairy Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
MY NEW TABLET MADE THIS AHHH

goodra_flabebe01_edited-3_zpsb0692582.png

Years
MY NEW TABLET MADE THIS AHHH

goodra_flabebe01_edited-3_zpsb0692582.png

OMG I love that Goodra pic gurl, it surely captures the adorable factor in that thing.

Plus, the Vivillon sprites are really good as well. I love how well the Polar, Garden, River and Tundra ones turned out (I love the blue you used on the Tundra one there). I sure hope you get the rest done eventually but yeah keep up the great work gurl!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Really nice to see you got a tablet! It'll take a while to get used to the pen pressure if you're not used to them, but this is a nice new piece. I quite like the use of purple outlines, and simple highlights. However I'm surprised you didn't just illustrate this, since it does look like an illustration. Anyway, what program did you use for drawing? And what way did you do your lines? They look very clean for anything other than pen-tool.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Really nice to see you got a tablet! It'll take a while to get used to the pen pressure if you're not used to them, but this is a nice new piece. I quite like the use of purple outlines, and simple highlights. However I'm surprised you didn't just illustrate this, since it does look like an illustration. Anyway, what program did you use for drawing? And what way did you do your lines? They look very clean for anything other than pen-tool.

Hah, tell me about it. My old tablet had a pressure sensitivity of 1024, and my current one has 2048 levels. So it's been quite an adjustment for me! But, it's kind of fun learning to use it all over again haha.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "I didn't illustrate this", because I did. I used the default brushes, picked up my pen, and sketched/colored it. I used Photoshop to draw everything, as I stated in your "tools of the trade" thread, so you're welcome to reference that. :] And yes, I used the pen-tool for everything. I don't know, maybe I'm doing it wrong? Haha, but I'm happy with the product, so regardless, the means justified the end I suppose.

Anywho! Here's the other half of my Goodra/Flabebe drawing. It's just a sketch right now, but I'll be coloring it soon!

florges_goomy_edited-1_zpsad61af39.png

Florges/Goomy!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Oh it just seems odd to me that you use a tablet for the pen-tool. The pen-tool was specifically designed to create clean lines using the mouse. So I'm assuming you used the pen tool for the lines, then coloured behind with the tablet? It's not a criticism at all, it's mere curiosity.

Lovely concept you have developing here too, I look forward to seeing the final product.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Oh yeah, I had that question in mind too. Either way, the last piece is AH-MAZING. Looks super clean and super elegant. Not even gonna try to remember the name, though, they're super confusing. Anyway, sexy stuff here. I look forward to its colored version! :3

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Oh it just seems odd to me that you use a tablet for the pen-tool. The pen-tool was specifically designed to create clean lines using the mouse. So I'm assuming you used the pen tool for the lines, then coloured behind with the tablet? It's not a criticism at all, it's mere curiosity.

Lovely concept you have developing here too, I look forward to seeing the final product.

Maybe I'm confused about what you mean by "pen tool". I just use the default brush tool in Photoshop, with my tablet, to draw. Then again what do I know. xD

Yeah it's not a serious piece but, hell, it's fun!

Oh yeah, I had that question in mind too. Either way, the last piece is AH-MAZING. Looks super clean and super elegant. Not even gonna try to remember the name, though, they're super confusing. Anyway, sexy stuff here. I look forward to its colored version! :3

D'aw thanks Sakazuki, whoever you are. :')

I do have a colored version, but it's unfinished and I'm lazy sooo

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Haven't updated in a while. :( Sorry about that.

Annyywhooo, I made a tiny little Sylveon gif! n_n;

sylveon_animation_zps584444a4.gif

My first gif, in fact! Since I've acquired this new skill, I'm hoping to maybe revisit some of my old sprites and give'em a little bounce. Anyway, you guys know the drill, free to use just credit me. :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Revamped an old sprite. I did a quickie Sylveon sprite forever ago. I've gone back and actually put some effort into it. Might try animating it, but, we'll see.

sylveon_sprite_edited-2_zps6035f4bc.png

New

sylveon_sprite_zpse5f518a3.png

Old

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Sup again kids

I made a cutesy little Fairy type bar. Feel free to use it, just credit. \o/
fairysparkle_01_zpsdd339f03.gif

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I've been making neat little gifs lately. :) Might add a new section to the first post if I feel up to it.
doctor-who-the-spaceman_zpsf989b7ba.gif

I'll post more when my computer isn't being terrible.

Also a couple of devamps for ya.
better_sylveon_devamp_zps01334347.png
Sylveon_backsprite_devamp01_zpsad650006.png

And a Snivy devamp request for Zach.
Snivy_devamp_zps9cd3b6f7.png
Snivy_devamp_back_zps537e16be.png

Saki

The Fire Fox
Years
These are great, Strawberry. I enjoyed looking through your work. It's also refreshing to see that a moderator of this section is also an active member with a passion for art. Great job!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
D'aw, thanks for the support guys! :)

Here's some fish. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚ ✧
fishiesfishfishedited-1_zps33aac263.png

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
You're a pretty neat little pixel artist, you struggle a little in shading though, not much, but a small bit. Notably here, the ends of the talons feel flat due to being basic colour and outline (a strong one at that). If you lighten the outline a bit on the end of the talons such as here, you might get a bit more flow and better colour transition. Also the talons may need some anti-aliasing before the outline, depends on how dark you make it. Also there's not a great need to add one pixel width shadow under the talon on the body there either, it's not very noticeable but borders on pillow shading a small bit. You should practice lighter outlines in general though, especially on the clown fish in your latest. I'm not much of a sprite artist myself, so I'm not sure how much I can help other than those few suggestions, but your drawing ability is carrying over nicely so far, who knows, keep it up and I might need to nab you for Phoenix Rising ;]

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
You're a pretty neat little pixel artist, you struggle a little in shading though, not much, but a small bit. Notably here, the ends of the talons feel flat due to being basic colour and outline (a strong one at that). If you lighten the outline a bit on the end of the talons such as here, you might get a bit more flow and better colour transition. Also the talons may need some anti-aliasing before the outline, depends on how dark you make it. Also there's not a great need to add one pixel width shadow under the talon on the body there either, it's not very noticeable but borders on pillow shading a small bit. You should practice lighter outlines in general though, especially on the clown fish in your latest. I'm not much of a sprite artist myself, so I'm not sure how much I can help other than those few suggestions, but your drawing ability is carrying over nicely so far, who knows, keep it up and I might need to nab you for Phoenix Rising ;]

Hi Gav. :)

They're bows, by the way, not talons. I'll admit Sylveon is hard to define, but it's certainly not a bird of prey. Anyway, I do partially agree with you, though I have my reasons. I don't know if you can tell, but I actually used the color of the dark blue strip on the bow to outline the lightest part. I did that because I got lazy, unfortunately. It was the last part I worked on. What I have a hard time with though, which you touched on, is determining where the dark outlines should be. I don't want outlines to be considered the "walls" of a pixel piece. They should be a part of it, you know? But I often find myself not zooming out as much as I should, aha. Mostly what I'm doing is experimenting, as I find that my works like this, are outlined far too lightly. Unless I've been doing it wrong the whole time lol.

Now, as for the fish, bare with me. The reason why I made the outline and all interior points of the clown fish black is because of the black spot on the middle fish. It drew your eye in far too much, but I wasn't willing to compromise and make it lighter, because of the darker fish in the background. So, I added more points of black to spread it out a bit. Unfortunately, that takes away from the others, so I guess I'll lighten everything up.

Dear, you know me. I'm always willing to help you. Consider me a part of your team on a need-by-need basis. <3 Oh, and thanks for the critique. :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Got some more stuff. A tiger gif! You may recognize it from my profile, as it was my profile picture for a short time. :)

white-leopard-blue-eyes_zps00bccb70.gif

Also I got an itty-bitty Sylveon. It was originally the X & Y party sprite, but I put a little animation magic into it~
sylveon_partysprite_01_zpsa99e6a1d.gif

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
OMG OMG OMG OMG THIS IS AWWWWWEEESOME :O

NOTICE ME SENPAI

I see you, don't worry. :p

I made a mess of kaomoji things. Inspired by staff conversation.

This one is in my usertitle.
kaomoji_01_zps7d5979ac.gif

Here's the same one, only with a moderator's touch~
kaomoji_02_zpse269cf40.gif

Which lead to..
kaomoji_03_zps0b19769d.gif

..and full circle.
kaomoji_04_zps6774a0f4.gif

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
So I've been completely occupied with projects from this that and the other, but I always seem to have time to make stupid, silly sprite animations. @_@;

sylveonlock_01_zpsda877e7d.gif

A Sylveon lock bar! You may recognize this from PC's very own Furret lock!
furretlock.gif

I have no idea who originally constricted this adorable little Furret which PC adopted, but it's made for a lovely extension to Sylveon.

So careful now, boys and girls of A&D. Lest you face the Sylvock! >:3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back