• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: "L'art pour l'art" - DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silais

That useless reptile
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Looking for a good-quality recolor?

Hey guys! I'm looking to have a picture recolored, not for profit but just for fun for a character I'm working on. I've tried it myself but haven't had any luck with my software so I was wondering if anyone else could recolor it for me?

This is the image:

griffin_by_sandara_d2m67v5.jpg

I'm looking to have the gryphon recolored white with a green eye and the girl's hair to be gold-blonde. Like I said, this isn't for profit or anything, just to help me reference some physical traits for a character I'm writing.

Please let me know if I'm breaking any rules! I didn't see any that prohibited this but I could be wrong. Thank y'all!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Ehh, this could go in the art DCC. I went ahead and did the request since I was in the neighborhood. Sorry if it's sloppy.

qzTg6qc.png

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Went ahead and merged with the DCC. :) Requests like this are best in here.

Also, I don't think that's sloppy at all, Blade! It's beautiful!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
The silver/green shading on the wing bugged me so much. ;__; But then I was like hey, what if its left wing is silver and right wing is gold?! lol original character do not steal

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm guessing that under the wing it one color and the top is another color. Best thing I can figure out when it comes to that.

I have so many sketches that I'm tempted to complete but at the same time I'm not sure haha. But I finished something last night for an art trade and I'm so legit proud of it and I can definitely see the improvement that I've gotten from say... a month ago. I'm pretty impressed with myself not gonna lie.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I made a few sketches based on fake Mega-Evolutions the other day but I don't think I could post it up before X & Y gets released... because no scanner. I hate my life. Sometimes I wish I had some kind of a graphics tablet or make my hand my computer mouse.

+dat feeling you get when you see something is wrong and you can't fix it for the life of you with a COMPUTER MOUSE

Aww wow, yours is getting improvement! I find it hard to see a difference between my quality of sketches but then... I guess I couldn't think of doing such stuff three months back XD

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Well, let's just say the "camera" in question is an iPad... I think I'm not such a technology geek but I'm not really thinking I could extract images out of it. Nevertheless, I'll try it.

PS - I saw you started sketches, Dero! They look awesome! I would think with your talent you'd be inclined to do more of the kind XD

Owlette

I started posting my doodles here with a camera way back when. At least an iPad has a little more to offer than your 2mp DS camera. :p I think the iPad camera should work out fine for you. Usually they do well in low lighting, so things should come out just fine, imo (then again, I've never used an iPad for anything more than solitaire, let alone the camera sooo).

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 3, 2013
Weird alt name you have there, Jo. :p Oh and yeah, I use a 2 MP mobile camera too. iPad should be fine. Show us them pics. Oh, and thanks for the compliments, hoenn! <3

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
A new manga/comic: Snowbound

http://www.snowboundmanga.com/

^ It is NOT mine. I just saw it and was like, "Awesome!" The preview shows major dedication and the animated trailer parts show it as well.

It's funny. The story is slightly generic but the character development is unique.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Your thread seems more like DCC material, so I through it in here Rezilia. :)

Weird alt name you have there, Jo. :p Oh and yeah, I use a 2 MP mobile camera too. iPad should be fine. Show us them pics. Oh, and thanks for the compliments, hoenn! <3

You're weird. :p And I like owls because they see even through the most thinly veiled alts.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Oh wow! Those paintings are so cute O07_eleven! I'm not familiar with the anime, but judging by the quality it seems like the seller captured their personalities very well.

Exactly how big are they? It's kinda hard to tell from the picture. I'm just curious because I've always wanted to make/sell some of my own. n_n;

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Been stale for a while so I guess I'll hop in with another topic.

What are your views/ratings on anime art everyone?

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
Been stale for a while so I guess I'll hop in with another topic.

What are your views/ratings on anime art everyone?

I think its awsome its so hard to get perfect but when you do its so awsome! :D

I bought some wonderful artworks from a lady on Etsy and they arrived today, I love them, just wanted to share :) They are characters from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya if you're wondering.

Spoiler:

Ps this is so cool! I love it!

Last edited:

Silais

That useless reptile
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Can anyone improve this?

I've been making an alicorn princess on Paint (I know, I'm old school) and I think I've gotten a general design of her, but I really need someone to clean it up and make it look legitimate. Her name is Princess Curia (meaning "court" in Latin) and she is a master of the law and justice. She gained her horn (she was a pegasus before becoming an alicorn) after proving the guilt of a pony who was close to destroying the ruling family of Equestria. Just a quick story I made up, may write something about it later. But first, I need a good solid character to build upon!

I'd like to see a lighter blonde stripe in her mane and tail, but I like the general design of her hairstyle and her color. Her cutie mark is supposed to be a gavel (judge's hammer) but I'm not nearly artistic enough to make one on my own. Can anyone else make this character look more like a real pony from the show? I'd be forever grateful!

Princess_Liberty_Belle.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back