• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Programming Languages

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
Do you know any programming languages? How skilled are you at these respective programming languages? Why did you pick up these languages?

If you don't know any, do you plan on learning one eventually? Which language(s) do you plan on learning? Why do you want to learn these languages?

I don't know any languages right now, but I'd like to pick up Javascript and C++, with Ruby / HTML / CSS as afterthoughts.

Javascript knowledge would help me out in programming for Pokemon Showdown, while Ruby sounds like an interesting language. C++ is a major, major language, and HTML / CSS would let me design websites and markup stuff for people on request.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
So far of all programming languages I've been in contact with, I'm really only comfortable with Python. Then again, I've really only been around Python, PHP and Ruby, but I still enjoy using Python. I'm also quite familiar with HTML and CSS but they don't technically count as programming languages.

I will start using Java in the upcoming semester, so we'll see how I like that. :P

Years
I currently know PHP to an extent, and I wish I could learn javascript for web development.

Also, I wish I could learn C#/C++/VB.net to make and compile my own programs for personal use. I'm planning to study computer science and perhaps go into a career of programming.

Years
Some time ago I tried to learn some about programming languages, but my indiscipline make some hard to learn it XD.

For what I know, C and C++ are languages more versatily, but more hard because the syntaxis, and in some forums i have heard that Phyton its better to learn, because its more friendly.

I don't know if HTML is considering a programming language, but in case it is, in years ago i learnt to make web pages with the notepad (yay), but i have forgot a lot of it, besides now there are a lot of programs can help you to make webpages.

But in a future i will try again to learn some languages, maybe I'll do with phyton again or C ++

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I've seen a lot of different languages, but those I used most are C++, C#, Java and Haskell. Besides those I've used Phyton, Ruby, Perl, C, HTML, Bash and others a little bit but not enough to be able to use them properly.

In the moment I've begun using Java again, in combination with gdx libraries, just for fun.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
Years
The first programming languge I learned in college was C++. Everyone told me that C++ is a terrible language for beginners.
I took Java in high school, but I vaguely remember it. C++ was fun though. I kinda wanna see what the other languages are like. (I wanna try C)

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
Years
The first programming languge I learned in college was C++. Everyone told me that C++ is a terrible language for beginners.
I took Java in high school, but I vaguely remember it. C++ was fun though. I kinda wanna see what the other languages are like. (I wanna try C)

srinator

i know a fair amount c++ and html , i do know mySql (if that counts) .

personally i like c++ a lot :) ^_^

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I've learnt a lot of languages from uni (I majored in physics and computational science for my bacholars). Some of those that I learnt didn't get into too complicated concepts though (one subject was basically a crash course in learning something about 10 different languages @_@).

At the moment I'm most comfortable with Python as that's what I'm using atm with my project, along with SQL. (Yay database querying =p). I also know some C, Fortran90, Matlab (which isn't too much of a programming language but rather useful in its own right for computations), PHP, Actionscript 2.0 (back from high school days, works kinda like C in a lot of ways), and enough html/css to be able to make a simple website.

codemonkey85

Software Developer
Years
The language I use the most now is C++. I've had some experience in VB.Net, C#, and Java. I personally never liked Python much, and I've been thinking lately of jumping into PHP or C (or both).

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
There are so many languages for programming like C++, C, COBALT, JAVA etc

I'm haven't learned any of these and I would slowly learn C++, JAVA. I have slight touch with HTML and I'll improve it further adding CSS in the list.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I've used VB.NET for years, but recently I've been porting all of my applications into C#, since I really like its formatting and structure better.

In my freshman year of high school I was trying to get a compiler to work on my school-issued PC and downloaded a tiny C compiler, and also ended up getting a whole new perspective on how methods, structures and functions work (and how the thousands of structures and functions included in Visual Studio aren't included in the machine's code obviously). I've also enjoyed taking a hand at PHP, designing a few cool scripts from scratch.

Right now though, C# has become a mainstay because of the new project I'm writing in it.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm more of a C++ person, though I can handle Visual Basic, Visual Basic.NET and Python if I need to.

To be honest, I really prefer the way things are handled with Visual Basic.

CrowSvenson

DarkTrainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 24, 2016
I know C++, but I'm rather attached to D. I tried Java, but I dislike it.

Back