• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate My Potential Alpha Sapphire Team

Years
This is the team I plan on using in Alpha Sapphire coming out later in November. Please give suggestions :)

254.gif

SCEPTILE @???
Ability: Overgrow
-Energy Ball/Giga Drain
-Dragon Pulse (if available)
-Focus Blast
-???

340.gif

WHISCASH @???
Ability: Oblivious
-Surf
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Stone Edge

267.gif

BEAUTIFLY @???
Ability: Swarm
-Bug Buzz
-Psychic
-Giga Drain
-Quiver Dance

348.gif

ARMALDO @???
Ability: Battle Armour
-X-Scissor
-Stone Edge
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake

477.gif

DUSKNOIR @Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
-Shadow Punch
-Thunder Punch
-Will-o-Wisp
-Fire Punch

169.gif

CROBAT @Black Sludge
Ability: Inner Focus
-Fly
-Cross Poison
-Steel Wing
-U Turn

All suggestions are welcome :)

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I was struggling with finding a final move for Sceptile as well, since so many were lost in the transfer :( Honestly, I know this might not help a lot but I think you could put anything you want in that slot, as Sceptile covers everything it really wants to anyway, especially since it has its teammates to help with its weaknesses. Maybe Agility or Detect?

The rest of the team looks pretty solid, though. I would, however, swap out Aerial Ace for something else, because Fly has more base power and NPCs aren't going to be switching their Pokemon anyway, so you'll be able to land a hit. Maybe Steel Wing, since your team could use another weapon against Rock-types as 3 of your Pokemon are weak to it.

Years
I was struggling with finding a final move for Sceptile as well, since so many were lost in the transfer :( Honestly, I know this might not help a lot but I think you could put anything you want in that slot, as Sceptile covers everything it really wants to anyway, especially since it has its teammates to help with its weaknesses. Maybe Agility or Detect?

The rest of the team looks pretty solid, though. I would, however, swap out Aerial Ace for something else, because Fly has more base power and NPCs aren't going to be switching their Pokemon anyway, so you'll be able to land a hit. Maybe Steel Wing, since your team could use another weapon against Rock-types as 3 of your Pokemon are weak to it.

Sounds nice! I was kinda thinking about that before :) Thanks!

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
You should replace Beautifly with a Gardevoir. Gardevoir is not only stronger, its typing (which is Psychic/Fairy) is also better, both offensively and defensively. Additionally, it gets Thunderbolt, which can be useful against Water and Flying types.

Years
You should replace Beautifly with a Gardevoir. Gardevoir is not only stronger, its typing (which is Psychic/Fairy) is also better, both offensively and defensively. Additionally, it gets Thunderbolt, which can be useful against Water and Flying types.

I'm already set on my team. I just need suggestions with moves and items.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I'm already set on my team. I just need suggestions with moves and items.
In that case, you could give your Dusknoir Thunderpunch instead of Earthquake, since your Whiscash gets Earthquake already. Also, you could give your Sceptile the Sceptilite.

Years
In that case, you could give your Dusknoir Thunderpunch instead of Earthquake, since your Whiscash gets Earthquake already. Also, you could give your Sceptile the Sceptilite.

Actually, now that i think of it, I should give Armaldo Earthquake instead of Brick Break and give Dusknoir Thunder Punch as you said. (Gosh, Dusknoir needs Iron Fist) Also, for the mega stone, I'm waiting to see who else has the power to mega evolve before I'm set on it. I'm kinda hoping Camerupt, Cradily, Armaldo, and not matter how crazy the idea is Dustox and Beautifly, as the are 2 of my favourite Pokemon.

Back