• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tut] How to map...

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2017
I'm having 2 problems at the moment, one may be slightly off-topc...but here goes.

img195.imageshack.us/img195/5676/advmaperror1.jpg(URL)

-This is a border problem, wonder what the problem is o.0

2ndly the warps are NOT working at all in the new map for some reason...

img38.imageshack.us/img38/1152/advmaperror2.jpg(URL)

If someone could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance,

3n3rGyZ

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I'm having 2 problems at the moment, one may be slightly off-topc...but here goes.

img195.imageshack.us/img195/5676/advmaperror1.jpg(URL)

-This is a border problem, wonder what the problem is o.0

2ndly the warps are NOT working at all in the new map for some reason...

img38.imageshack.us/img38/1152/advmaperror2.jpg(URL)

If someone could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance,

3n3rGyZ

First off, yeah, border problem, you already noticed it, I take it you know how to fix that.

For the warping problem, you can't use warps on those particular tiles.
(You'll notice in the block editor, on a tile that you CAN warp on, (Like the red rug that indicates a door when leaving a building.) Have the parameter "Arrow down => warp under block".
This tells the game that THAT tile, should display a down arrow, and to use the warp.

You would have to make a new tile (Just copy the one you want the warp to be on onto a blank tile.) And have it set to "Use warp" (Unless you want it to have an arrow display, then just choose one with the arrow...)

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2017
First off, yeah, border problem, you already noticed it, I take it you know how to fix that.

For the warping problem, you can't use warps on those particular tiles.
(You'll notice in the block editor, on a tile that you CAN warp on, (Like the red rug that indicates a door when leaving a building.) Have the parameter "Arrow down => warp under block".
This tells the game that THAT tile, should display a down arrow, and to use the warp.

You would have to make a new tile (Just copy the one you want the warp to be on onto a blank tile.) And have it set to "Use warp" (Unless you want it to have an arrow display, then just choose one with the arrow...)

Ok, thanks for the tip on the warp issue.

But the border problem is really weird since it is black on the side but during game-play I get that weird blue colour. =[

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Ok, thanks for the tip on the warp issue.

But the border problem is really weird since it is black on the side but during game-play I get that weird blue colour. =[

The reason it does that is because you are telling the game to use a completely transparent tile, so it does not know what to do.
If you want a completely black tile, you will have to make one out of some pure black blocks in the block editor. (There are many transparent ones, it is YOUR job to tell which are which.)

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2017
You shouldn't use black borders anyway. 8D

Houses use a different tile which actually has a black block.

I don't if this is why but, I mixed 2 different tile sets, one from a gym (23 or something) an also 0.

After I changed the 1st one to 0, the border got messed up as shown in the image...

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
I think its a good tutorial but your route is a lil empty
and the final map were theres a lot of dirt it should not be that big :P overall everything eles was a perfect exsample of a good map

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2010
ok two questions
1 how do you put the trees water and other stuff in the map? like what program or whatever?
2 how do you put it in the rom???

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
One thing-
You used a 40X40 map for your route. And we should never use a square map. Nice tut, though.

I beg to differ, in my opinion, the dimensions of the map aren't what is important, by square, people usually mean that the overall design of the map looks too blocky, or square. (Fire Red's Route 1 for instance)

So long as the design of the level is good everything should be good as well.

Back