• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
When RNGing, do DS parameters ever change? Or is it a one time thing?
Like say I change my location of save, do I need to redo the parameter finder, to find new parameters?

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
When RNGing, do DS parameters ever change? Or is it a one time thing?
Like say I change my location of save, do I need to redo the parameter finder, to find new parameters?

The parameters shouldn't change unless you switch the DS you are playing the game on. So it's pretty much a one time thing.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
Okay, because I thought it was an always do it kinda thing. It was very time consuming. Also my Timer0 value stayed consistent, is that normal? Everyone elses tutorial theirs changed at least once.

EDIT:Also, is RNGing while charging the DS bad?

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
How do I enter codes for the dreamworld, does anyone know?

If you mean to get events such as the Arceus, you go to the page that shows up right after you log into the Global Link, click "Promotions", and then click on the relevant event and it'll have a text box to put in the password.

TheronElite

Pokemon Professor
Years
I have a few pokemon that I think might have edited EVs and If they are I wont wont to use them so: if they are edited, would it stop them from battling online?

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
I recently got a copy of Pokemon White at Target since I wanted to start over but my Pokemon were too precious. I got it on February 1st, to be exact. How does the pamphlet with the Lucario code look like (Pokemon on it) or what does it say. All mine says is nonsense about the Global Link.

Years
What's a quick way to make money (that's not the E4)? I just spent some $200K on TMs.

And I know about a) Big Stadium and Small Court, but they're usually too tough for me and b) the Abyssal Ruins, but I always tossed out before I find anything of value.

And I want a PM or I won't know you answered. I don't keep up with this thread.

Years
Guys, remember earlier in this thread I mentioned a Simple Beam glitch where it was colored black for an odd reason? Well today, I was training a Jellicent against an Audino and it happened again!

I can explain it a bit, the animation is normally a pink-yellow color but in this case the animation was black.

Do you think this is an odd glitch?

Cos both times it happened to me, I was training on Route 14 and I was using a Ghost-type against an Audino both times (Chandelure the first time and now Jellicent).

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I recently got a copy of Pokemon White at Target since I wanted to start over but my Pokemon were too precious. I got it on February 1st, to be exact. How does the pamphlet with the Lucario code look like (Pokemon on it) or what does it say. All mine says is nonsense about the Global Link.

The pamphlet looks like this:
IMG_6338_2.jpg

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2012
Battle subway

Hi guys

I was wondering what would be a good team to fight in the battle subway.
I'd like to earn some BP so I can buy the EV-enhancement items, which will speed up my EV-training. :)

I'm not good in building a team and I'm bad in creating a suitable moveset >.<

Thanks in advance :)

Nick

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Masuda Method Questions:
-I have a JPN Tyranitar. I am breeding it with a Ditto, trying to hatch a Shiny Larvitar. Will the Masuda Method come into effect? Because I've gone through tons of eggs, and no shinies.

-I have a French Charmander. Does the Masuda Method still work? Or does it have to be Japanese?

-Is there anywhere that I can catch a Pokemon with the ability Heat Body?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Masuda Method Questions:
-I have a JPN Tyranitar. I am breeding it with a Ditto, trying to hatch a Shiny Larvitar. Will the Masuda Method come into effect? Because I've gone through tons of eggs, and no shinies.

-I have a French Charmander. Does the Masuda Method still work? Or does it have to be Japanese?

-Is there anywhere that I can catch a Pokemon with the ability Heat Body?
Don't know much about the Masuda Method but I can answer your last question. Assuming you mean Flame Body, Litwick and Larvesta are two that contain the abilities and are found within Unova.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Masuda Method Questions:

Going to answer the other two then!

Yes the Masuda method works in both cases, just as long as it's a different language.

Hi guys

I was wondering what would be a good team to fight in the battle subway.
I'd like to earn some BP so I can buy the EV-enhancement items, which will speed up my EV-training. :)

I'm not good in building a team and I'm bad in creating a suitable moveset >.<

Thanks in advance :)

Nick

Sorry but you can't do that here, a much better idea is to head to in-game team help, make a team there and we'll help you make it more Subway-worthy. Otherwise it's against the rules to ask others to make teams for you. :(

-:-

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2012
Hey all,

Would it serve an offensive pokémon more to increase it's base attacking stat or focus on the STAB bonus? More specifically, to ensure a higher damage output, which is more beneficial?

Lengthy damage calculators lose my interest moments in: as such, this example should help illustrate my question.

Adaptability Arceus-Dragon type using Outrage vs
Pure Power Arceus-Dragon type using Outrage

Hey all,

Would it serve an offensive pokémon more to increase it's base attacking stat or focus on the STAB bonus? More specifically, to ensure a higher damage output, which is more beneficial?

Lengthy damage calculators lose my interest moments in: as such, this example should help illustrate my question.

Adaptability Rayquaza using Outrage vs
Pure Power Rayquaza using Outrage

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Hey all,

Adaptability Arceus-Dragon type using Outrage vs
Pure Power Arceus-Dragon type using Outrage

Hey all,

Adaptability Rayquaza using Outrage vs
Pure Power Rayquaza using Outrage

Both of those Pokémon are illegal but Pure Power is a wonderful ability. It could take Rayqauza's 438 Attack max to 876 without even holding a Choice Band.

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2012
Sorry but you can't do that here, a much better idea is to head to , make a team there and we'll help you make it more Subway-worthy. Otherwise it's against the rules to ask others to make teams for you. :([/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I'm sorry for the question, didn't know it was against the rules. :) I'm currently working on a team (im using the smogon pokedex to guide me), as soon as it's done I'll post it in that section of the forum. :)

Do you know any guide that explains how to build up a team? E.g.: how many (physical/special) sweepers do I need? How many (phys/spec) walls do I need? And last but not least: how to build up a moveset? I didn't find any of those guides on this forum (or I overlooked them).

Thx in advance

Nick

-:-

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2012
Both of those Pokémon are illegal but Pure Power is a wonderful ability. It could take Rayqauza's 438 Attack max to 876 without even holding a Choice Band.

My apologies for the duplication...

In other words, the base attack multiplier is more beneficial than the STAB bonus of Adaptability?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back