• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Battling Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Doesn't Skarmory get hit pretty hard by a rain-boosted Scald from Vaporeon? (and possibly risk a burn from it)

Volcarona can handle Venusaur too, since it can set up Quiver Dance, then hit it hard with Fire Blast. It also has Hurricane if it's against a Rain team.

Aside from Scald/rain boost, Skarm can just phaze it out after.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Skarm gets destroyed by rain boosted hits, really. Plus alot of Hydration Vaps have Work Up IIRC.

2 questions. Is there any pokemon that hard counter hydration vaporeon and is thier a pokemon that beats all venasaur sets (or checks them) and can check rain teams? if not then a core of them.

Uh grass types (Virizion, Ferro, Celebi, Shaymin [Natural Cure) and the like) and Rotom-W poop on Vappy. Taunt Jellicent outspeeds Vap and cant Taunt Toxics and Rests and wear Vap down. Sub Mind Latias can set up on Vappy as can Chesto Rest DD Kingdra. STalker Gyara can PHaze it and Rest off any and all damage. Or just change the weather back on predicted Rests. There is also Trick which ruins it.

Heatran and Chandelure wall p much all Venusaur sets without EQ which is exceedingly rare. Sp.Def Dragonite is annoying for it too and can wall even +2 LO Sludge Bomb with SR up iirc. If it lacks Sludge Bomb other dragons wall it too. Blissey/Chansey also beats it quite handily and Chansey walls even the Mix sets too. P2, Sp.Def Deoxys-D and Cress can work in a similar manner. You can also use ScarfTar to change the weather back, outspeed and crush it.

The usual anti weather stall core is Heatran, Gastrodon/Jellicent and Skarm irrc so you could try that.

Hape that helps a little.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
Skarm gets destroyed by rain boosted hits, really. Plus alot of Hydration Vaps have Work Up IIRC.

Uh grass types (Virizion, Ferro, Celebi, Shaymin [Natural Cure) and the like) and Rotom-W poop on Vappy. Taunt Jellicent outspeeds Vap and cant Taunt Toxics and Rests and wear Vap down. Sub Mind Latias can set up on Vappy as can Chesto Rest DD Kingdra. STalker Gyara can PHaze it and Rest off any and all damage. Or just change the weather back on predicted Rests. There is also Trick which ruins it.

Heatran and Chandelure wall p much all Venusaur sets without EQ which is exceedingly rare. Sp.Def Dragonite is annoying for it too and can wall even +2 LO Sludge Bomb with SR up iirc. If it lacks Sludge Bomb other dragons wall it too. Blissey/Chansey also beats it quite handily and Chansey walls even the Mix sets too. P2, Sp.Def Deoxys-D and Cress can work in a similar manner. You can also use ScarfTar to change the weather back, outspeed and crush it.

The usual anti weather stall core is Heatran, Gastrodon/Jellicent and Skarm irrc so you could try that.

Hape that helps a little.

I actually use that core ahahah. Chesto Rest Kingdra sounds interesting! I am also liking a celebi though I think I would do a Leftover Celebi with nasty plot and 3 attacks xD.

I am also liking the idea of Scarftar! Can you elaborate on those 3 sets please bud?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
I actually use that core ahahah. Chesto Rest Kingdra sounds interesting! I am also liking a celebi though I think I would do a Leftover Celebi with nasty plot and 3 attacks xD.

I am also liking the idea of Scarftar! Can you elaborate on those 3 sets please bud?

Tyranitar@Choice Scarf
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 HP
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- SuperPower

Standard ScarfTar. Useful vs Lati@s etc too.

Kingdra@ Chesto Berry
144 HP / 160 Atk / 40 SpD / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
Trait : Swift Swim
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Rest

Chesto Rest Kingdra. Id suggest Magnezone too to remove Ferrothorn.

Celebi@Leftovers / Life Orb
252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed / 6 HP
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power / Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Psychic

Yeah... Psychic hits Dragonite and Ep hits tran. HP Fire hits junk like Scizor so its up to you on what you use.

Enjoy.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Shouldn't we have 5th Gen compiled guides now?

[SIZE="a"]I need to get into the hang of 5th Gen. Anyone interested in tutoring?[/SIZE]

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
^ lol

We're working on a guide to competitive battling which will replace the Compiled Guides.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
people, come to the pc po server, i feel alone!
Basically what happened is...

> Joins server
> Finds nobody
> Never talks to lunis again

tbh I join the server whenever I'm on the laptop. I just sometimes forget it's there. :(

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
"Never talks to lunis again" what? What did I do? Lol

Nothing, Nica is just crazy, but in a good way of course. ;3

ALSO

CAN WE GO ON PO TO KEEP DARK_CUTEZELF AND OOKA COMPANY PEOPLE ? THANKZ. ^_^

Years
First login in nearly two weeks and here it is:

WHY IS NOBODY EVER ON THE SERVER WHEN I GO NO THERE?

I know you all cry when I'm never there. That's my reason.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
You guys aren't the only ones, as soon as it hits like... 1, or something, the server is inactive until I wake up the next day, tbh. At least most of your timezones match!

We should attract more people. :3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So volbeat in ou is fun stuff

That scared me, omg. I thought you meant Volbeat MOVED to OU and then I was like "wtf that makes no sense... what other crazy changes did they make...", completely ignoring the fact that tier changes aren't til January, iirc. :(

But yeah, I haven't used it, what makes it fun?

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
Because passing a 2.5 boost is fun with priority though. Anyways can someone find a list of all things that learn Dual Screens and SR and Dual Screens and U-Turn/Voltswitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back