• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
Big update:
- I have made 176 unique EV and Nature spreads that are given to the AI (as opposed to 0 EVs and random nature) making the game much more challenging in a good way.
- To balance this out, I have made all TM's infinite
- Running Shoes now work indoors
- Improved IV's on in-game trades

Overall, the EV and TM change makes the hack feel a lot different imo and I definitely think it's much better now than it was when I first released it.

I put a lot of effort into this update guys. I hope at least someone will enjoy it :) I sure will. If you decide to play it, please post a comment, I really appreciate it (feedback, or just things you like/dislike about it. Don't just write "This is good/This is bad", please tell me what aspects you like/dislike).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Big update:
- I have made 176 unique EV and Nature spreads that are given to the AI (as opposed to 0 EVs and random nature) making the game much more challenging in a good way.

Glad to see people using this. You typically have a advantage over the AI anyway thanks to grinding. Giving trainers EVs and Custom natures sure makes battles harder.

Haven't gotten very far into the game and I think I found a minor error, Nidoran Female appears to have an...interesting moveset, I just caught one that has Egg Bomb and Psychic as it's two moves. Not sure if it's an error on my part or something you might have missed!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
Haven't gotten very far into the game and I think I found a minor error, Nidoran Female appears to have an...interesting moveset, I just caught one that has Egg Bomb and Psychic as it's two moves. Not sure if it's an error on my part or something you might have missed!

I tried to catch a bunch of Nidroan Male and Female and both had their correct movesets. Are you 100% sure that you applied the right patch on a CLEAN rom? You could try to re-download a clean rom and then patch it again using my patch, then continue from your last save and see if the problem persists if you catch a new one.

Edit: I think problems like these can happen in the patching process. If you've kept a copy of your clean rom, try to just patch it again and the problem will probably resolve.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
To directly patch source file, a temporary file is being made.
Upon successful patching, the target file will be replaced with this.

Applying patch file 'C:\Users\Sean\Desktop\Gaming\Pokemon Hacks\Emerald Omega\Emerald Omega\Emerald Omega.ups' ...
Reading file 'C:\Users\Sean\Desktop\Gaming\Pokemon Hacks\Emerald Omega\Emerald Omega\Pokemon Emerald.gba' ...
Target file is 'C:\Users\Sean\Desktop\Gaming\Pokemon Hacks\Emerald Omega\Emerald Omega\Pokemon Emerald.gba.utm' ...
Patch application will take approximately 0 minute(s), 16 second(s).
Please be patient ... UI will not be responsive during this time.

Failed! Input checksum is invalid.

.....this is the message I have been getting every single time with every single Emerad ROM I could find online(a bit of exaggerating there but still...).

So, if you could just tell us the exact type of ROM you used with this(exact name and all) since you(and the rest of us) can't post a link to ROMs, that'd be helpful as I tried different sites all over, and failed.

If that is not allowed, I apologize for asking.

Edit: I'm using tsukyomi as the patching program.

Last edited:
Years
Yeah the patch doesn't work, it's not your Emerald ROM the one that has a problem, it's the patch. Well, let's wait for @mamamama to reupload the patch, I really want to try out the new changes!

I want to ask something, so you've managed to give EV and nature for the bosses' Pokémon... But is this balanced? I mean, did you give the first leader 510 EVs or the total EVs their Pokémon have will grow up as we go further in the game?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
Weird that the patch is not working. I will re-upload it now. Are you guys using the program "NUPS" when patching? That's the one I used (Couldn't use IPS since I extended the rom to 32 MB)

But is this balanced? I mean, did you give the first leader 510 EVs or the total EVs their Pokémon have will grow up as we go further in the game?

The only bosses that have perfect EV trained Pokemon are the Elite four, Champion and the Ace Pokemon of Wally and the final gym leader (and some post-game trainers such as Steven and Gym Leader rematches). For EV spreads, I have given most gym leaders good natures but early on in the game, the gyms mostly rely on IVs.

However, the ace pokemon of each gym leader has received a slight EV buff to be a bit stronger than the rest of the team. However, that is far from the full 510 and it is slowly increasing as the game progress and the player gets more EVs.

I have also tried to balance out the "weaker" gym leaders with better EVs. For example, Winona is pretty easy to beat if you have an Ice or Electric-type, so some of her EV spreads are made just to make it impossible to just OHKO her team with Ice Beam and Thunderbolt.

I would not say it's perfect yet though. I still think Wattson is a bit too difficult but I would like to see what others think before I nerf him.

Years
Weird that the patch is not working. I will re-upload it now. Are you guys using the program "NUPS" when patching? That's the one I used (Couldn't use IPS since I extended the rom to 32 MB)

The only bosses that have perfect EV trained Pokemon are the Elite four, Champion and the Ace Pokemon of Wally and the final gym leader (and some post-game trainers such as Steven and Gym Leader rematches). For EV spreads, I have given most gym leaders good natures but early on in the game, the gyms mostly rely on IVs.

However, the ace pokemon of each gym leader has received a slight EV buff to be a bit stronger than the rest of the team. However, that is far from the full 510 and it is slowly increasing as the game progress and the player gets more EVs.

I have also tried to balance out the "weaker" gym leaders with better EVs. For example, Winona is pretty easy to beat if you have an Ice or Electric-type, so some of her EV spreads are made just to make it impossible to just OHKO her team with Ice Beam and Thunderbolt.

I would not say it's perfect yet though. I still think Wattson is a bit too difficult but I would like to see what others think before I nerf him.

Well, I was using Tsukuyomi, it tends to work with ups patches. And wow, the more I read of this game, the more I want to play it, it seems you are an expert in creating challenges and you are taking this seriously to make a very balanced, challenging and good game. I really want to play and tell you about the difficulty and that type of things. Now that yesterday I finished Dray's Fire Red Omega...

EDIT: The patch doesn't work in NUPS either.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
Update: I think I found the problem. I did not use a completely clean rom as base when I patched this. Now I have made sure to get a clean rom and created a new patch.

I was able to get the same problem myself when I used a new clean ROM. When I did it again with this new patch, the problem did not come up. Hopefully, the problem is solved now but I would be happy to hear if it works for you so I know if I need to continue to search for the problem.

As for the difficulty. I think I've managed to create quite a difficult game with an increasing difficulty curve (altough somtimes I'm afraid it will be too difficult). I think that the more time I put into it the better it gets, but some minor adjustments will be necessary to make it complete, which I really hope to get feedback on.

As I've always seen the time you reach the Pokemon League in every Pokemon Game as a fairly "epic" moment you need to prepare for, I've tried to make the Elite Four stand out from the rest of the trainers both with consistent strategies, better EVs, and mostly Pokemon that is not seen earlier in the game (while still staying true to their original typing). That has been my intention, and I hope that, if I haven't already, I will be able to create that feeling in the game with help from feedback from people on this forum :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
What about giving EV spreads to the Expert Trainer Class? Surely they should be tough trainers...

Unless you already did, may I suggest you edit the Winstrate Family? Vito is of the Cool Trainer Class, so you probably
already edited him. Maybe make him tougher than the other Victory Road Trainers?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
Normal trainers are divided into four categories pretty much.

1. Normal scrub trainers; no EVs, IVs that are so-so.
2. A bit better (Early gym trainers, trick house, Aqua Grunts, some rematches and trainers that originally were stronger); IVs are higher and EVs are given to those with custom movesets (i.e. gym trainers)
3. Even better trainers (Late gym trainers, late trick house, I believe most experts are here, too).
4. Pretty damn strong trainers with good IVs and pretty decent EVs (These include the the Cooltrainers on Victory road. Winstrate Vito has the same difficulty level as the rest in Victory road. However, he is no longer "Cooltrainer Vito" but "Winstrate Vito"). This also include the ending Meteor fall trainers and the final puzzle of Trick House.

The Winstrate family all got customized teams with custom movesets. if you come unprepared, they can be pretty damn annoying. I whited out to them once with a fully healed team (They are not as hard as gym leaders, but can be difficult if you have the wrong Pokemon). They are under category 3 of the above list which is higher than any other normal trainer you've faced at that point.

I don't want to make Vito stronger than the other Victory Road trainers. While his family brag a lot about his capabilities, I feel like everybody whose made it to Victory Road are at a similar skill level and while he has made it far, so have all the other trainers that gather there.

Years
I've been playing the game, but not a lot since I have a lot to study, and I have to say I like it a lot for now (well, I don't have any badges yet, but still...) I am training Houndour and Elekid for now, both are level 16. I have put the battle style to set, to make it more challenging.

I like the wild Pokémon that appear, but I don't know, I don't want to train the water and Grass Pokémon that have been available for now, so I guess I'll have trouble against Roxanne... Well, let's see how things go!

I have a suggestion, can you change Corphish and Crawdaunt growth rate? They need 1,640,000 exp. points to get to level 100, and that made me not train it, as it would slow down my team.

EDIT: Ok, it went so badly, I guess I was too optimistic, but well, seeing that I had trouble against Gym trainers... I expected Elekid to do something else with Karate Chop though... Onix swept my team so easily, and thinking I have 5 more Pokémon to beat... And Sunkern... C'mon, it doesn't obey, it's so annoying to use. wow. Ok, so I didn't want to, but I am training a Corphish and I may train Luvdisc, just for this battle.

I have to tell you a silly thing, in Rusturf Tunnel, against a Clefairy, I spent more than 30 turns for beating it! How unlucky I am, between sleep and love I didn't attack in so many turns, and when I got to attack, Cut missed, and Bubble didn't kill it! Oh, what a nightmare of a Clefairy...

EDIT2: Uff, I did it, thanks to Corphish' Bubblebeam the Onix was a lot easier, and from there Houndour was lucky against Anorith because Rock Tomb missed. Nosepass was really tough, because Roxanne healed it three times, but between Elekid and especially Corphish I beat it. Corphish fainted, but Elekid managed to take her last Pokémon. A fun and tough battle for sure!

4gk7ie.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
I've been playing the game, but not a lot since I have a lot to study, and I have to say I like it a lot for now (well, I don't have any badges yet, but still...) I am training Houndour and Elekid for now, both are level 16. I have put the battle style to set, to make it more challenging.

I like the wild Pokémon that appear, but I don't know, I don't want to train the water and Grass Pokémon that have been available for now, so I guess I'll have trouble against Roxanne... Well, let's see how things go!

I have a suggestion, can you change Corphish and Crawdaunt growth rate? They need 1,640,000 exp. points to get to level 100, and that made me not train it, as it would slow down my team.

EDIT: Ok, it went so badly, I guess I was too optimistic, but well, seeing that I had trouble against Gym trainers... I expected Elekid to do something else with Karate Chop though... Onix swept my team so easily, and thinking I have 5 more Pokémon to beat... And Sunkern... C'mon, it doesn't obey, it's so annoying to use. wow. Ok, so I didn't want to, but I am training a Corphish and I may train Luvdisc, just for this battle.

I have to tell you a silly thing, in Rusturf Tunnel, against a Clefairy, I spent more than 30 turns for beating it! How unlucky I am, between sleep and love I didn't attack in so many turns, and when I got to attack, Cut missed, and Bubble didn't kill it! Oh, what a nightmare of a Clefairy...

EDIT2: Uff, I did it, thanks to Corphish' Bubblebeam the Onix was a lot easier, and from there Houndour was lucky against Anorith because Rock Tomb missed. Nosepass was really tough, because Roxanne healed it three times, but between Elekid and especially Corphish I beat it. Corphish fainted, but Elekid managed to take her last Pokémon. A fun and tough battle for sure!

4gk7ie.png

Glad to see that you are playing it. I will definitely take any ideas/criticism and use it to try to improve the hack. I will at some stage look through the exp. gain to try and balance it out, as Corphish is kind of weak but requires a lot of exp.

I'm also thinking of making Staryu and Poliwag available before the first gym to give the player more options. Also, you can find some good Grass-types in the Forest if you search around. They are a bit rare but one is definitely very useful against Roxanne as it evloves before level 16 and can use Super Effective Attacks against every Mon of Roxanne. Did you try to use Luvdisc against Roxanne? Because I think the improved Luvdish is definitely overpowered for that stage of the game and should be an easy solution for players who get stuck at the first gym.

Right now I'm working on some exciting updates. The trainers will no longer use items in the gym battles as I find it kind of annoying, but it will balance out. I have gotten really far in a few other more "advanced" updates which will definitely change the game up a bit. Hopefully I will be able to release this soon.

The Sunkern is there to make a worthless Pokemon a bit useful (Future in-game trades are much better). It's a flawless modest Sunkern which you can evolve to a Sunflora before the second gym, so it should definitely have some use as long as it is kept at a level where it still obeys.

In the new update, Bullest Seed will also receive a buff to give the player an easier option against Roxanne.

Thanks for playing the game, and since you are the first to play it and comment on the actual gameplay, I might add a little easter egg in a future update in your honor :)

Years
Well, yes, I had that Grass Pokémon of the forest, and maybe I should have used it considering the buff Leaf Blade received...

Well, I've advanced quite a bit, I have beaten Brawly. It was easy, but honestly, it was just because I overtrained my team, not because the battle was badly balanced. This is because I have decided to train Feebas and Abra, and those two are hard to train at their first levels, because they can't attack or win battles, so I used the Exp. Share (I went through the Cave without Flash, gave Steven the letter, and went back to Rustboro to get it), and that made me get Houndour and Elekid to level 24, evolving them. Also, the first Feebas I got had a Calm nature, I liked that, but, after evolving it, I noticed its Special Attack was too low, it was almost as fast as strong, and seeing Milotic base stats, that wasn't good. So I caught another Feebas, and wow, Modest! So I trained it, and now that's my Milotic.

Normally I like very offensive Pokémon when playing games, but here things change as I play in set, so, having frail Pokémon is bad because if I need to change, the Pokémon that enters will take a strong attack, and that's why I like Milotic a lot for this style, because its good defensive stats lets it tank a lot of attacks, and it can also deal good damage. I mean, playing in set makes you need a more balanced team, especially is the game is hard.

And Abra, well, I caught 8 Abra, and I trained the Mild one, the one that had more Special Attack. I got a Twistedspoon in the process!

So now my team consists of Electabuzz, Houndoom, Kadabra and Milotic, well, and 2 Zigzagoon for Pickup. Next I'll need to add a physical attacker to the team. I have beaten Team Aqua at Slateport, and I already have 79 Pokémon owned.

And really nice that easter egg thing, haha, well, I'll keep on playing, and keep telling about my progress!

EDIT: Ok, I have reached Wattson and, OMG, what's that? I was thinking, perhaps too hard, something with Rain Dance and powerful Thunders, but no, that thing I thought, I found it on gym trainers! Wattson is even worse! Well, I'll put it in spoiler for people tat don't want to know his team

Spoiler:

Well, I have thought something, I will get a Shedinja and beat the Lanturn with it, I thing that's one of my few choices now. And it's a extreme one, and one I don't like. But even leveling up Nincada is slow due to the weak Pokémon at Route 117... Well, I won't do it today, because it's quite late now.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 19, 2015
I really like the idea of an increasing difficulty curve as you progress. I'll try this game out once I got more free time. :)

On a side note, I read the thread title "Emerald Fromega", and didn't realize you were referring to Fire Red Omega, so I though it was an Emerald hack where all the sprites were edited to have 'fros. Oops. (But it'd be hilarious.)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
Yes. I definitely agree that Wattson is too difficult for that point in the game, which has been a concern. When I play, I pretty much have to equip the entire team with Cheri Berries and bring out someone like Meganium to beat his Lanturn.

Last time, I believe my team was Umbreon, Meganium, Quilava, Shiftry, Jynx, and Porygon 2 (I could only use the 1st Pokemon seen in every route), and i really struggled even though I had 2 grass-types.

I can otherwise recommend Venusar/Victreebel/Vileplume etc they work pretty well against him, it usually goes Grass Attack --> Thunder Wave from him (Cheri Berry) --> Grass Attack and dead or you can Growth up against Raichu/use sleep powder.

You can actually get a Sandshrew on Route 117 which beats up most of his team (it gets the buffed up dig at a pretty low level). I was also thinking of adding Wooper/Barboach/Mudkip before his gym but I don't like the idea of 1 Pokemon completely wrecking an entire team so I'll see about that. I will most likely nerf his level a bit and perhaps even make Lanturn a Chinchou.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
i am gonna finish this and :D give you a review finally sumfin that could be a challenge ;] btw :) i must say good job i know how much effort you put in it to make it seem so neat :)

Years
Yes! Finally beat Wattson! OMG what an annoying battle, but... (In spoiler for people that don't want to know Wattson's team.)

Spoiler:

Uff, now I can keep going!

iyk615.png

Hey, I forgot about this but I had a bug to report from the beginning of the game. Here:

34t4yg5.png

Edit: Well, I have kept going, now I have beaten Flannery and Norman, so I have 5 badges. Flannery was easy, Norman wasn't, here are the spoilers:

Spoiler:

Now I am exploring new zones using Surf.

160ad51.png
o8fl1x.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Yes! Finally beat Wattson! OMG what an annoying battle, but... (In spoiler for people that don't want to know Wattson's team.)

Spoiler:

Uff, now I can keep going!

iyk615.png

Hey, I forgot about this but I had a bug to report from the beginning of the game. Here:

34t4yg5.png

Edit: Well, I have kept going, now I have beaten Flannery and Norman, so I have 5 badges. Flannery was easy, Norman wasn't, here are the spoilers:

Spoiler:

Now I am exploring new zones using Surf.

160ad51.png
o8fl1x.png

I would use stat raising items while battling gym leaders so that it would be a little easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back