• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

mavy42

I'm back, broz :)
Years
Banner

Hello! Still supporting your hacks till now. Tried it, it was great! Because of that I give you a banner! Hope beta 3 is coming this year! Wondering why no one made a banner for an awesome game like this??!!! Give Credits! Add me as friend!

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=234566"][IMG]http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o627/mavy42/crystaldustbanner.png[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:
Years
I want to say I LOVE this hack. I think it even rivals Pokemon Shiny Gold. Even if this game is still in beta! I can't wait until the radio works and you can go to Kanto.When you do add Kanto I have a suggestion, after you beat the Kanto Gyms Giovanni should be behind the last gym waiting for a person worthy of a battle. I would love to see that happen ^u^

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I want to say I LOVE this hack. I think it even rivals Pokemon Shiny Gold. Even if this game is still in beta! I can't wait until the radio works and you can go to Kanto.When you do add Kanto I have a suggestion, after you beat the Kanto Gyms Giovanni should be behind the last gym waiting for a person worthy of a battle. I would love to see that happen ^u^
Forgive me, I have never finished G/S/C/HG/SS and have only recently started SS. I know in Kanto that Giovanni WAS the final Gym Leader. What role does he play in the second generation?

That is awesome praise, BTW. Never looked at it that way and yes, it does work very well so far. However, I've broken from it for now to play the real SS so I can work on getting a Shiny Nincada out of Emerald once I have the two games finished.

Cyclone

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Forgive me, I have never finished G/S/C/HG/SS and have only recently started SS. I know in Kanto that Giovanni WAS the final Gym Leader. What role does he play in the second generation?
Basically in GSC, Team Rocket's goal is to contact Giovani because he left without a word and people want him back after the team being disbanded. In HGSS though, they added a little bit of a plot twist later on.

Dr. Fizzle

Soda Lovin' Professor
Years
Played the beta, and its pretty good for an emerald hack! Never thought people would hack with emerald!

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
btw i tested with gameboid i hope that there wwnt be any bugs on it that the vba m doesnt havey

nice thnx for the fast reply will there be a gs ball event for celebi.
btw good work with the video in the start of the hack :d
Gameboid shouldn't have any more bugs than VBA, but I'm not sure as I haven't tested there. Also, the GS ball will have an event in CrystalDust, just wait.
what i like in this hack is.that it feels that there was a lot of work put to it there are so many things that are unique in this remake that make it my future game that i will finish
liquid crystal is good and its a remake like firered was to red and blue with more new events and stuff but even beta 3.2 got many things that i hate like theres no pokegear some npcs have wrong sprites and stuff but things like extra events weather system and ruins of alph that i do like and crystal dust is missing
i wish they would unite the projects and make a perfect remake lol

We can always wish, yes? LMAO Maybe once both projects are done Liquid Crystal could be imported into another version of CrystalDust or something...but that would be WAAAAY down the road and I'm fairly sure how diego would feel about that, I think. Unless LC people approach him and they do something from there, I will assume that is NOT happening. ;)

Cyclone
Well, I'm already good friends with LaZ, so no need for any approaching. And I don't think that there will be any "importing" like you say.

Hello! Still supporting your hacks till now. Tried it, it was great! Because of that I give you a banner! Hope beta 3 is coming this year! Wondering why no one made a banner for an awesome game like this??!!! Give Credits! Add me as friend!

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=234566"][IMG]http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o627/mavy42/crystaldustbanner.png[/IMG][/URL]
It looks good, but I have a few things you could change.
1. Could you swap the boy and girl sprites?
2. CrystalDust is one word, could you fix that? Thanks!

umm since diego wants it to look like a vanilla crystalbi dnt think this will happen but he could add giovani in the islands if he adds some good plot for him
anyway what happened in hg and ss i nevr played those and never will :d
Don't worry, an event for Giovanni is already planned.
Played the beta, and its pretty good for an emerald hack! Never thought people would hack with emerald!

It's not that hard if you are extra careful =)
We were just kinda afraid because of the bad feedback and how easily it glitches.
Emerald has a bad reputation for glitching, even though it's actually Advance-Map that causes it. Once you change its ini file, it works great!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Oh gosh! Beta 2 is out.
Man, I'm slow... I'll go play it now, I loved Beta 1 of this!!

Years
Damn i couldnt resist and i played/tested this hack up to ecruteak or idk how its called to help find bugs and stuff even if i hate checking betas :D
So here are some questions and bugs i found and features that i liked or disliked
(thats a lot of stuff sorry lmao)

1. Features & Bugs:
Odd Egg should have 14% to hatch a shiny Poke like in the English Crystal
50% is too much i got a shiny Pichu in CDust and with Crystal i got a Shiny Elekid so 14% would not be that bad...
2. Silver could beat the player & mock him then leave in Crystal in our 1st fight but in CD we white out and need to beat him to progress will this change?
3. Mediums in Ecruteak Gym got some odd sprites in Crystal they were some old women that was kinda weird like they was choking 0.o Will you change to the original Sprites?
4. Daycare used to give the odd egg in Crystal by himself in the English version and there was no ticket will this change?
5. Pokemon Models like those in daycare and the rattata vs pidgey scene look a bit crystal like will u change them to have gba like models
6. I think theres a sound when the player shrinks in the beggining where oak introduces us in Crystal but theres no sound in CD and thats the same thing like Emerald had
7. H is missing from the word Pinch in Chikoritas Ability
8. Blue Card and Odd Ticket Got no Icons and no Descriptions (there was no ticket in eng crystal btw like i mentioned before)

Questions: (enjoy reading lol)
1. What is that plot with no power in island one in goldenrod center i think that was absent in eng crystal
2. Does pokemon like Onix evolve by lvling while they hold the item you needed to trade them with it so they can evolve?
And pokes like Haunter to only lvl up without any items (making those evolve with stones would be a bit dumb so i hope haunter,graveler,kadabra and machoke wont need em)
2. Wheres Ghastly??? :(
3. How does the game pick a winner for the bug contest i got 2nd place with a scyther and the winner had a venonat i was like wth lol
4. Does the guy from the bicycle shop calls you some time later after he gives us a bicycle and says that he gifted it because we helped him promote his bikes?
5. Can Headbutt Make sleeping Pokes appear and are all pokemon that was supposed to appear available (Only saw caterpie so far in ilex forest i got 6-7 diff pokes in Crystal)
6. Does Unown Pokedex exists i have around 10 of Unowns and still cant get it...
7. Do you think that you can make more Trainers to register in pokegear, is it possible to do this?
8. Will you change Groudon and Kyogre to Entei and Raikou in the Opening Video?
9. What about Pokemons moves will they be able to learn moves like they would in Crystal or like in all 3rd Gen Games?
10. Hmm the radio is working in our house and another house in our town will other places get radio working too + pokegear?
11. Are player sprites fixed when go fishing and can we fish while surfing on a poke? (idk if that could happen in crystal i think im confusing games lol)
12. Are Time events like sellers appearing in goldenrod market and undeground available?
13. Can rock smash make pokemon appear like in crystal
14. Will Deoxys have 4 forms and will they change somehow
15. Will togebi and golbat evolve like in crystal
16. will legendaries have special battle music

And finally i can say that i liked stuff like the bug contest,time system,opening video 3 versions, goldenrod city,player sprite and that you didnt change the lvls of pokes i stopped playing liquid crystal only bc of the crazy lvls and the fact that it was always raining and it was boring to lvl up my pokemon while waiting 5 secs every time bc of rains animation lol, and ignore my older post about adding new rivals and areas in Jhoto lol game will look better without them maybe you can add those including bases and the ability to Dive in Sevii Islands lets keep Jhoto and Kanto Vanilla (Well Kanto could get some extras actually its a bit empty)
And sorry for my English hehe

Thats it i wont play beta2 any further and wait for the next beta or the Final release so sorry i wont be able to report any bugs bc i dont want to spoil my game lol, Thank You again Diego and all the people who helped you improve this Hack i hope 1 day i will see A Final Release! (pls finish it lol i hate seeing hacks getting abandoned and this 1 is my favorite and got lots of potential)

Btw i used Gameboid 2.4.7 and a Rom of CD Beta2 that was uploaded in June so maybe you fixed or changed some of the bugs and features i posted, i cant patch my rom with your latest IPS bc i cant with Android it would be cool if you would pm me a link with a Rom with the latest CD Patch.
Sorry if its against the rules by asking for that

This hack is EPIC. Does it have any Hoenn Pokemon?

Not yet the creator said he will add them at Sevii Islands

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2018
why i can't go to the Kanto region.i'm beat e4 in jolto but i can't get a ticket to go to the kanto.
who can help me?

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Oh gosh! Beta 2 is out.
Man, I'm slow... I'll go play it now, I loved Beta 1 of this!!
All right! Glad that you can play!
Damn i couldnt resist and i played/tested this hack up to ecruteak or idk how its called to help find bugs and stuff even if i hate checking betas :D
So here are some questions and bugs i found and features that i liked or disliked
(thats a lot of stuff sorry lmao)

1. Features & Bugs:
Odd Egg should have 14% to hatch a shiny Poke like in the English Crystal
50% is too much i got a shiny Pichu in CDust and with Crystal i got a Shiny Elekid so 14% would not be that bad... It's set up like the Japanese version of Crystal because of the inclusion of the Pokécom Center. 50% is fine.
2. Silver could beat the player & mock him then leave in Crystal in our 1st fight but in CD we white out and need to beat him to progress will this change? If I can change it, I will. But I probably can't.
3. Mediums in Ecruteak Gym got some odd sprites in Crystal they were some old women that was kinda weird like they was choking 0.o Will you change to the original Sprites? No, the FireRed sprites are fine.
4. Daycare used to give the odd egg in Crystal by himself in the English version and there was no ticket will this change? Read the note about the shiny percentages.
5. Pokemon Models like those in daycare and the rattata vs pidgey scene look a bit crystal like will u change them to have gba like models They already are from FireRed...
6. I think theres a sound when the player shrinks in the beggining where oak introduces us in Crystal but theres no sound in CD and thats the same thing like Emerald had I might change this in the future, if I can.
7. H is missing from the word Pinch in Chikoritas Ability Text problems with the GUIs are rampant. For now, just ignore them.
8. Blue Card and Odd Ticket Got no Icons and no Descriptions (there was no ticket in eng crystal btw like i mentioned before) They'll be in later, I just wanted to get Beta 2 out there even with no things for some items.

Questions: (enjoy reading lol)
1. What is that plot with no power in island one in goldenrod center i think that was absent in eng crystal Yeah, that's my custom game plot that's coming after the Crystal plot.
2. Does pokemon like Onix evolve by lvling while they hold the item you needed to trade them with it so they can evolve? Yeah, that's how I made it.
And pokes like Haunter to only lvl up without any items (making those evolve with stones would be a bit dumb so i hope haunter,graveler,kadabra and machoke wont need em) They don't need items, just leveling up as you said.
2. Wheres Ghastly??? :( He'll be in as soon as I add in different Pokémon for different times of the day (and as soon as Advance-Map recognizes them).
3. How does the game pick a winner for the bug contest i got 2nd place with a scyther and the winner had a venonat i was like wth lol It's random, with some Pokémon having more than a chance of others of winning. The winners may surprise you.
4. Does the guy from the bicycle shop calls you some time later after he gives us a bicycle and says that he gifted it because we helped him promote his bikes? No, not at this moment.
5. Can Headbutt Make sleeping Pokes appear and are all pokemon that was supposed to appear available (Only saw caterpie so far in ilex forest i got 6-7 diff pokes in Crystal) There are less Pokémon in the trees than Crystal, but some are there.
6. Does Unown Pokedex exists i have around 10 of Unowns and still cant get it... The Unown Pokédex does not exist. Sorry.
7. Do you think that you can make more Trainers to register in pokegear, is it possible to do this? In the future.
8. Will you change Groudon and Kyogre to Entei and Raikou in the Opening Video? In the future.
9. What about Pokemons moves will they be able to learn moves like they would in Crystal or like in all 3rd Gen Games? They're going to stay as they learn in Gen III.
10. Hmm the radio is working in our house and another house in our town will other places get radio working too + pokegear? In the future.
11. Are player sprites fixed when go fishing and can we fish while surfing on a poke? (idk if that could happen in crystal i think im confusing games lol) I'm fairly certain that both work.
12. Are Time events like sellers appearing in goldenrod market and undeground available? Some are, but not all.
13. Can rock smash make pokemon appear like in crystal Yes.
14. Will Deoxys have 4 forms and will they change somehow No, it will have its Emerald form.
15. Will togebi and golbat evolve like in crystal Yes.
16. will legendaries have special battle music They already do.

And finally i can say that i liked stuff like the bug contest,time system,opening video 3 versions, goldenrod city,player sprite and that you didnt change the lvls of pokes i stopped playing liquid crystal only bc of the crazy lvls and the fact that it was always raining and it was boring to lvl up my pokemon while waiting 5 secs every time bc of rains animation lol, and ignore my older post about adding new rivals and areas in Jhoto lol game will look better without them maybe you can add those including bases and the ability to Dive in Sevii Islands lets keep Jhoto and Kanto Vanilla (Well Kanto could get some extras actually its a bit empty)
And sorry for my English hehe

Thats it i wont play beta2 any further and wait for the next beta or the Final release so sorry i wont be able to report any bugs bc i dont want to spoil my game lol, Thank You again Diego and all the people who helped you improve this Hack i hope 1 day i will see A Final Release! (pls finish it lol i hate seeing hacks getting abandoned and this 1 is my favorite and got lots of potential)

Btw i used Gameboid 2.4.7 and a Rom of CD Beta2 that was uploaded in June so maybe you fixed or changed some of the bugs and features i posted, i cant patch my rom with your latest IPS bc i cant with Android it would be cool if you would pm me a link with a Rom with the latest CD Patch.
Sorry if its against the rules by asking for that I think it might be, so I'm going to err on the side of caution and just say you're fine with the June copies.
Responses in bold.
why i can't go to the Kanto region.i'm beat e4 in jolto but i can't get a ticket to go to the kanto.
who can help me?
Kanto isn't done yet. The beta stops after you beat the Champion.
Emerald to Crystal.

This Hack is Very, Very Good.

Keep it up!
Thanks for the comment!

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
Years
3. Mediums in Ecruteak Gym got some odd sprites in Crystal they were some old women that was kinda weird like they was choking 0.o Will you change to the original Sprites? No, the FireRed sprites are fine.

No they aren't, 'cause there are no Mediums in FR/LG. Channelers and Mediums aren't quite the same thing, they're based on two different Japanese concepts. Not to mention that Mediums (as opposed to Channelers) are supposed to be elderly.

By the way, have you thought about including Japanese-only mobile events from Crystal (yes, there were different ways to obtain GS Ball and other items)? They weren't pre-programmed, the Mobile function apparently patched your game, so it's impossible to access those events now (unless someone somewhere in the world still has a working patched game with a working save). There are no videos for them, so you'll have to use your imagination a bit. But I think it'd be very interesting if you included them.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
By the way, have you thought about including Japanese-only mobile events from Crystal (yes, there were different ways to obtain GS Ball and other items)? They weren't pre-programmed, the Mobile function apparently patched your game, so it's impossible to access those events now (unless someone somewhere in the world still has a working patched game with a working save). There are no videos for them, so you'll have to use your imagination a bit. But I think it'd be very interesting if you included them.
I believe this is a video. Granted, it's Shiny Gold, itself a hack.

This shows the acquisition in Goldenrod. (Crystal)

Here's the Celebi encounter after placing the GS Ball in the shrine (Crystal)

That's just a small sample.

Cyclone

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
I think you should work on this game instead of the other one. I have no interest in the other one.

I think your opinion is great and all, but Diego's not gonna drop his other project. Maybe you dont like it, but there are people that do.

On a related note, this is still looking good. Keep up the awesome work!

Back