• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is my team capable of beating elite 4??

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2013
Just arrived on Pokemon League with these pokemons:

Krookodile: lvl 56
Earthquake
Swagger
Rock Tomb
Foul Play

Samurott lvl 54
Blizzard
Strength
Surf
Aqua Tail

Vanilluxe lvl 52
Acid Armor
Ice Beam
Hail
Mirror Coat

Braviary lvl 55
Fly
Air Slash
Shadow Claw
Sky Drop

Sawsbuck lvl 53
Cut
Horn Leech
Jumo Kick
Aromatherapy

Arcanaine lvl 54
Flamethrower
ExtremeSpeed
Will-O-Wisp
Agility

Any TMs that I should give to my pokemons?
I fell that Vanilluxe needs something...

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
Yes, I believe it can. Make sure you have revival herbs and other healing items, you might need them.

You could teach blizzard to vaniluxe because it gets 100% accuracy on hail.

Years
I'm assuming this is a Black 2/White 2 team? I need specification of the game you're playing so I can give an accurate review.

You need some moveset touch-ups pronto.

Cut is absolutely useless (only 50 Base Power) and it's not the best STAB for Sawsbuck. Teach it Return from the TM27. It does a lot of damage if Sawsbuck is really happy and gives STAB as well.

Ice Beam is the move you want to keep on Vanilluxe while Flash Cannon is for coverage. I say its moveset is OK right now so nothing much needs changing.

Air Slash is a no-no for Braviary due to its horrible Special Attack, try teaching it Return instead so it gets a Normal STAB move. Rock Slide is also recommended if it has Sheer Force.

For Krookodile, Crunch is definitely much superior than Foul Play, cos it has no drawbacks. Foul Play only hits hard on opponents with higher Attack stats, while Crunch has no such issue and is the best Dark STAB available. Rock Slide is also better than Rock Tomb due to having higher Base Power and the chance of flinching the foe.

Samurott doesn't really need two Water STABs, try replacing Aqua Tail with Megahorn, which you can reteach from the Reminder Girl at the PWT (Pokemon World Tournament) if you have a Heart Scale, it also gives Samurott coverage against Dark, Psychic and Grass-types. Also, if you have the TM for Ice Beam (obtained in Giant Chasm) it's a much more reliable option over Blizzard since Blizzard is terrible outside of Hail.

Arcanine's moveset looks pretty fine to me, so nothing much.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
If you want to give your Pokemon more coverage, you could consider replacing one or two of, say, Samurott's water-type moves with something that can counter Electric-types or any of its other weaknesses in times of need. Surf is stronger, more accurate and more reliable than Aqua Tail, so you could think about it. Apply the same concept for all your other Pokemon and you should be up and running for your Pokemon League challenge. All the best! :)

QuickSilveri

Veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
To add to what everyone else is saying, try to get those pokemon over/at lvl60, simply to make it easier on you. Little bit of elbow grease might do you some good here. Good Luck

Regards, Chris

Back