• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokémon Essentials, version 13 - 2nd December 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Wow, just wow.
I keep restraining myself from trying to make a game, maybe I am shy, maybe just scared...
Essentials really has gone a long way, and I think I have no more excuses now, I must thank everyone that is working on this!
Amazing work!

G-Master

Lead of Pokémon Roll
Years
  • Age 29
  • AZ
  • Seen May 10, 2022
My artists and I are working on some 160x160 mega evo sprites. Would you guys like the link posted on the wiki page or just in Resources?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
The Resources section is fine. The wiki isn't really a place for providing resources like that.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Superb work as always.

Probably I'm the only one who notice the common events problem at translation system and will use the fix. This is my favourite change.

I also liked a lot the mega evolution support.

A small mistake: The file name is "Pokémon Essentials v13 2012-12-02".

Chrisario

Friend code :0018 2912 2366 let me know
Years
I lost the battle animation of the moves how do I put it back because I was messing with the animation editor now every time I use a move like ember and stat's raising no animation if someone can help that
would be helpfull

DarkShadow21

Master of dark fire!!
Years
Great work as always Maruno! I was planning on having alternate outfits in my games and making a suitcase key item, so the alternate outfits being in v13 saves some trouble. Plus I like the fix for the ice and tall grass/bike problems. Thank you for your hard work!

tasmania12

Mewtwo Master
Years
Great work! One quick question though:

How can I make it so that all six Pokemon would be able to Mega Evolve instead of just one?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
Hello,
I'm new at it. Just to say, the starter kit game crash every time you try to display the "pokemon" menu in the game.

edit : the game doesn't want to launch anymore. Damn.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I'm betting you didn't include the Pokémon Pack. Download that and add the content of the folders therein to the same-named folders in the Essentials project.

Years
Does scene_movie work? I tried to play an avi file but it kept crashing. Which is weird because I know it's set up right. It's set up like this $scene = Scene_Movie.new("INTRO") (with my video's name replacing INTRO)

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Great way of displaying mega forms trigger! How did you obtained the icon?

The Pokémon pack split is also a neat idea. This reminds me my Unova Pack.

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
Great way of displaying mega forms trigger! How did you obtained the icon?

The Pokémon pack split is also a neat idea. This reminds me my Unova Pack.
I searched Google for the clearest battle screenshot I could find that had the icon in it, then cropped the stone icon, made the colours more vibrant and drew a black circle around it.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
I'm testing out the new version now, and it's looking awesome!

I've been away since what, version 11? I have too many hobbies.
The extending functionality of the animation editor is something that's been BEGGING to be done.

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
Okay know of any good websites makers or web servers free ones? Also one other question i downloaded a mega stone icon set i would like to know if we can change the in game battle sprite to show a Pokemon has mega evolved?

i_am_a_pokemon

AsparagusEdu
Years
While messing around route 8, i found out that you can surf even if you don't have a pokemon and/or badges! Is there something i have to change somewhere, or is it a bug?
EDIT: Oooh, so it was because i was on Debug mode :P. In that case, I have a suggestion for the next version: how about that while in debug mode, instead of automatically being able to surf always, you'd have to hold Ctrl while interacting with the water? That way we can check if our badge switches weren't implemented incorrectly.

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
I tried it that way once, and decided it was pointless. If you want to check how something works in a real game, it's easy to play the real game (or to have an event which sets $DEBUG=false for a while).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back