• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Either because there are less FireReds in stock or because your Gamestop has a wonky pricing system.

redsaber5859

Banned
Years
That's what I was thinking, that firered is more rare, but many of the AZ and CA gamestops have firered marketed higher

Also, like every GBA game is between 2 and 10 dollars, except Mario advance and pokemon, which are up in the twenties

KyleSir

Life is just a dream
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2016
Okay so you guys know of shiny gold? if not google it :). Well after i beat the game it turns off and youre supposed to be able to just press start and load up your save game. But i dont have a save game because for some reason whenever i save it says exchange the backup memory and i dont know how to do that. Ive been saving on the vba and i dont know what to do after i beat the elite four. Is there anyway to convert my vba save into an ingame save? any suggestions would help, thanks! :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Um, this isn't really the place to ask for help with hacks. Your best bet is in the emulation section, since that sounds more like a question to do with the emulator.

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2010
First time here!

Hey guys, this is my first time ever coming to these forums. I'm not even sure this is the right place to post my issue, so if it's not the right place, please move it to the proper section.

I have an issue and I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong or not.

I recently bought a bundle of FR, LG, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald and a link cable for the GBA and GBA SP. I'm playing on 2 GBA SP's, and after getting TWO of these link cables from the same place online and neither of the cables seem to work. I plug each end of the cable into a seperate GBA SP and once I turn one of them on, the other one can not be turned on. No matter which I turn on first, it always results in the second GBA SP not being able to turn on. I've tried getting both games to the cable club or whatever it's called and then plugging the cable into both GBA SP's, and after it saves each game, the "Please Wait..." "... ... B Button: Cancel" message appears on both screens and nothing ever happens.

I feel as though maybe I'm doing something wrong, because what are the chances of 2 link cables both being bad? Any help on this issue would be much appreciated! Thanks ahead of time.

- Kil

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
Going to merge this into the simple questions thread in Advance Gen.
Merged.

Years
From my own past experience, Link Cables can be a little faulty sometimes- though by your phrasing I take it to mean you talk to the cable club lady, then insert the cable? If that's what you meant, you should insert the cable to both GBAs and then talk to the lady. If that's not it, then it's probably faulty link cables, unfortunately.

Tears In The Rain

Thirsty, purposeless Vampire
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 15, 2010
Hello, I want to know in the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald daycare does a pokemon miss a move learned while leveling there or does the daycare teach it? I know the old Silver and Gold daycare taught the move but I am not sure if it's different in the next generation. I have never really used the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald daycare for much.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
Years
To get a Latios with a certain Nature in Ruby. Do I save before I check the TV after I beat the Elite Four the first time?

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2010
Caught Rayquaza...

im on sapphire

i got him in red and paralyzed him caught him in 3 ultra balls. is that common?? i read so much how hard he is to catch.

also... im finding it impossible to catch regirock. i get him in pinpoint red put him to sleep. launch as much ultra/timer balls as i can before he uses struggle cant catch him

next plan i tried on regirock is pinpoint red again but paralyzed him i chuck as many ultra/timer balls as i can before struggle and still cant catch him! but with this gameplan he breaks free asap. theres no almost catching him...

any tips? i mean i have watched vids... read up. i dont understand this. i caught regice with no problem

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Just pure luck, nothing else. One time, it took me 10 goes to get Kyogre in Emerald. The other, 2 balls.

Rayquaza and Regice are both hard to catch, you just got lucky :D

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2010
sweet. now im paying for it with regirock. had about 10 goes with him each lasting 30-40min... and cant figure it out. im pulling my hair out lol

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Like Amore said, it comes down to pure Luck.

People have caught Rayquaza in a Pokeball with full health and no status abnormalities.

Others have taken forever to catch it, with 1 Hp, Ultra balls and Paralysis.

As for Regirock, just keep trying, you'll hopefully get the rock beast under your spell

Nicktacular

Charismatic Master
Years
sleep status and freeze status are the highest probability raisers, also use timerballs the have a higher probability then ultra balls after a certain amount of turns. I caught all my legendarys with pokeballs anyway

AuraAshley1990

Moon night bomb
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 24, 2011
regirock is hard to catch in general. try putting him to sleep then get him to red and chuck timer and ultra balls at him. as stated before its all just luck really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back