• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Social: Extra Life Date Confirmed!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
eIBOCw1.png

Hello, Ladies and Gentlemon! I am proud to announce that, through your voting, we have a set date for the Pokécommunity Extra Life Charity Weekend! Now for those of you who don't know, or have simply forgotten, Extra Life is a yearly charity that raises money for children's Hospitals all across the US and Canada. Participants do this by playing video games in a 24 hour endurance streak. It is of note however that maintaining 24 hours in a row is not strictly required, as everyone has different lives that allow for different availability.

Now then, the Pokécommunity will be hosting their own event, separate from the main Extra Life event. This event is planned to take place on the Pokécommunity's Twitch channel and will consist of 72 hours of streaming from various individuals on this site. Our plan is to host other channels throughout for blocks of 2-6 hours (subject to change based on interest) so that no one person has to fill the stream and everyone gets a shot to be featured. All participants can join our team on Extra Life, which I will link to below.

The date that was chosen for our marathon is December 11-13. As we draw nearer to the day we begin, we will have more details to share regarding schedules, starting times, and expected content. If you wish to help support the cause, simply go to www.extra-life.org and make an account. If you wish to be included on the stream, you will need a Twitch account of your own. To sign up to be included in the stream, please post in our Video Games thread about the event itself so we can plan for you.

The Pokécommunity Extra Life Team Page: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.team&teamID=22267

Video Games Forum Thread: (COMING SOON)

Last edited:

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
Years
I don't think my schedule will line up with this, but at least PC is doing it. I think it's a great cause and a very creative way too raise from it. Reading the stories about this is very nice and am happy we can contribute

Back