• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Puzzle Version

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Puzzle Version

Title: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Puzzle Version

Intro:
Spoiler:

Made with:
Poccil's Essentials and RPGXP.

Plot:
Spoiler:

Team:
Starry Night Project Leader
Darth Senor Queso Mapper
PokeMasterX Beta Tester
superanthony182 Spriter
I really need more team members!
Spoiler:

(send through PM)
Spoiler:

Features:
:t025: HGSS Style!
:t025: Play as a Treecko and live in a Pokemon filled world!
:t025: Challenges, each dungeon has a boss!
:t025: Puzzles and minigames everywhere!(As suggested by the title)
:t025: Humor that is so corny you'll groan every time!
:t025: That last feature was a joke!
:t025: I am totally screwing this up!

New Charset Screenshots(August 24th)

Spoiler:

New Screenshots(As of August 5th)
Spoiler:

Old Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Videos:
I will add some soon...

If you want to join the team, PM me, Starry Night!

Old Credits:

• Blizzy, Flameguru, Poccil: Their starter kit of awesomeness.
  • Dewitty, Prince Legandario, Kymotonian, Alucus, Calis Projects, and Bulbapedia.net for their amazing HG/SS tilesets
  • ~Pokemon Diamond: Sand Tiles
  • Wichu: HGSS Pokemon OWs
Old Credits

• Pokehero22: Some Music
  • Don Patch/Allistar for his awesome tilesets that I used as placeholders.
  • Shun: A few PMD OWs

Website Credits:
VG Music Music!
Spriters Resource A lot of things...

Final Team

Spoiler:

Support Pokemon Puzzle:

HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=259030][IMG]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm159/gregoryjerian/userbar.png[/IMG][/url]

New support club!:
If you want to know when this thread gets an update, PM me, send me a visitor message, or post here, and you will get a PM every time Pokemon Puzzle gets an update!!

Last edited:

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years

UPDATE

Well, this isn't really an update, but... I know that everyone wants to play a playable version of everyone's games, but the amount of material in my game right now is just very very little, going past the first dungeon. But I've tested it myself multiple times and it should work perfectly, so I don't see a problem in releasing it to the public. I do understand that I badly need a title screen, though. I'm gonna fiddle with photoshop for a while, and if someone else would like to help with making the title screen, whereas giving me sprites/advice, or just doing part of it for me, I would be very thankful, and would put your names in the credits, and give you e-cookies, etc. etc. And pay-pal you $0.
And give everyone the beta. :P

DarthSenorQueso

Officially number 1 snake
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
I love this right now as Treecko is my favorite pokemon...

Awesome work so far though, this could be a huge success.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Now that's something I love to see :D
I'm obsessed with PMD games :D
They are my absolute favorite :D (By the way DJG's hack is Rescue Rangers =))
It kinda disappoints me that the only starter is Treecko but I understand that giving player choice of starter and then playing as that pokemon would be hard to implement =)
But even though I wish you the best of luck =)

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
Haha, thanks a lot! If I have time after the project is finished I might make another starter. Right now it just seems like boring copy+paste work XD

I'll edit the first post with the real name of rescue rangers (:

It amazes me that you actually read through that entire introduction. Lol.

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
UPDATE

Well guys, after realizing our tiles sucked, DarthSenorQueso and I agreed on a complete tileset overhaul to HG/SS. I took some screenies to show you how it looks. At some point we will de-modernize building outdoors and indoors, but if I draw out the new building tilesets, the game will look like Super Mario Paint GBA. XD
Spoiler:

I also wanted to show you the trainer backsprite, which is probably temporary, but meh.
Spoiler:

And a quick userbar I threw together.
HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=259030][IMG]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm159/gregoryjerian/userbar.png[/IMG][/url]

Last edited:

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
This so far looks impressive,but since when did Pokemon lived in human sized houses?,also the backsprite need some work,even though you said it was temporary,because some edges are cut off the sprite.

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
Thanks a lot for the reply! It's nice to know that you think highly of this game (:

The problems you listed I have taken into account. At some point the houses will be turned into huts, when I find someone who can draw who wants to help out. XD I can't really draw anything at all...

The trainer backsprite will not be fixed because...

1) I'm too lazy to.
2) It's temporary.
3) Did I mention I'm too lazy to?

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Hehe, those last screenies made me laugh - I love humorous games!

Good luck with this!

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
so what do you need help with? if you want i can help a little. its just that im new at all this. i wanted to make a rmxp myself but i couldnt understand anything

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
LOL :D Poor Kanghaskan xD
Anyways is Lucario playing an important role?
We've seen him in more screenies then the others (except for Kanghaskan, Kecleon, etc... =))
Thanks XD Lucario as of now is just an NPC that walks around and says one line, so Float Island doesn't seem like a ghost town, lol. It's possible I'll give him a bigger role at some point.

so what do you need help with? if you want i can help a little. its just that im new at all this. i wanted to make a rmxp myself but i couldnt understand anything
I mainly need help with spriting and tiles, and maybe a scripter. If you want to be a mapper, that might help too, but it's not high on my list right now (: Beta testing is always open, so you can always sign up for that.

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
UPDATE

I needed to post this update to bump this thread to the top! What?! Lol, while waiting for DarthSenorQueso to finish the new volcano map so I could event on it, I decided to add a event in Silent Woods, the 2nd dungeon, to make it more interesting. So here ya go, in a nice spoiler format.
Spoiler:

On a completely unrelated note, side stairs work! I feel like a genius.
Spoiler:

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
UPDATE

This isn't really an update either, because I haven't really worked on the game since the last update.

I'm not going to lie here. I was not working on the game. I was instead watching Yogscast minecraft videos on youtube.

I know, shoot me. XD

I do need your opinions on the final team in the game. Right now it is as follows:

7.png
252.png
155.png

This much I know for certain. Obviously there are 3 more slots and I need your help on what you want the pokemon to be that you obtain.

One of the pokemon is going to be electric, so I was thinking Mareep/Shinx, whichever one feels more appealing? :I

The other 2 you should just tell me about. Otherwise you'll be stuck with a Magikarp and a Wurmple that can't evolve >:D

~DarkAchu~

Shady Character Lurking Around
Years
I am Dave Yognaught.....

Anyway i was going to say Lotad because i am baised as he is my fav but since you have a water and a grass already im going to say Shinx becuase i dislike mareep Lol, Electrike is a good electric type that isnt Pika, Now two others.... hmm Maybe Scyther? it would be good to have a slasher... err...Riolu?... Aron?..... Abra?...

Back